Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOCK BOOTS????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 11:43 am

Do any of you know where I can get some hock boots? I haven't seen any in years. Tucker is going through some kind of clumsy stage..... He still likes to lay down for his naps....Tears the snot out of his hocks when he gets up. They look really nasty. It must really hurt...He won't let me touch them. I'm not sure he'd leave hock boots alone. I'll put a bunch of shavings where he likes to lay down. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 7:03 pm

Maybe a hock sweat, just to keep him from bumping them around? If he sweats too much, maybe sew a cotton lining or something in them. Not sure where to get the real deal though, I will look around online for some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 7:34 pm

be creative, make some out of Polar feece.. maybe??? Should work. And Tell Tucker YOU CAN TO DOCTOR HIS HOCKS! Get a soft cotton rope, Hold him with your left hand, Put the rope in your right. First softly throw it over his back. Once he is good with that, throw it around his front leg, let it wrap around it, and pull it off, do this over and over, Move to his back legs, Let him kick at it if he want to, keep doing it until he's good. Keeps you from getting hurt and teaches him, I will do what I want to do! Young Man! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm

He's super with a rope....You can throw anything around/on him. He doesn't care about having his hind legs/tail brushed.....But he knows when I'm heading for the wounds.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2008, 9:17 pm

lol! Those hauk boots are small. I bought some for Tommy when I got him. He had a swollen hauk (that's why I got him so cheap).. I got the biggest ones I could and they did not even fit him as a yearling.. Still in the wrapper.. lol! never know when I may get a swollen knee and they will fit. Course, he was a big horse then too.. And, the swellin went down once people stopped messing with it and never came back.. I was told by EXPERTS he would always be that way.. lol! NOT...
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

HOCK BOOTS???? Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOCK BOOTS????   HOCK BOOTS???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOCK BOOTS????
Page 1 of 1