Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Always Check Your Boots

Go down 
+5
Bluejay
Ragdoll
SilverBuckleHorses
7cedars
Cindy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Always Check Your Boots Empty
PostSubject: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2007, 11:55 pm

So , my daughter steps outside where she took off her boots at the door and proceeds to put them on. I hear a scream and I look in time to see her kick and her boot go flying through the air. It lands and she shreeks in terror that SOMETHING is in her boot! I pick up the boot scared thinking OH MY, did she get bit by a snake or a scorpion! LOOK WHAT IT WAS PEEKING AT ME IN HORROR FROM THE INSIDE OF HER BOOT!!!
Always Check Your Boots 5xzf2mx
Always Check Your Boots 63kbq78
I am still laughing!!!! lol! kitty lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 10:24 am

At first, I thought that was a huge copperhead... I tell ya, ya ain't kidding about that! I can remember when I was a kid, Dad always used to put his rubber boots by the door outside. One day, he just happened to tip it over before he put his foot inside, and a big ole water moccasin came out. Mom was screaming, Dad was killing it and then laughing... he always likes to drive my mom nutso... and all of us kids right at the window screaming at Dad...

My sons, as big as they are, are deathly afraid, of all things, spiders. I mean, they will just get down right girly on ya if they see a spider! To this day, when Dillon has to dump feed for me, he turns the bag over and over to make sure there's no spiders...(while I'm standing there "patiently" waiting for him to dump some feed) and you can always hear when he finds one... you can hear it all the way to the house! Cracks me up to see a 6'2, 240 pound guy jumping around 'cuz of a danged spider!

And when he has to get shavings in the stall for me... well, let's put it this way, I get so danged aggravated, I just go and do it myself...waiting for him to inspect the bag, make sure there's no blasted spiders...and every single one he finds is always a fiddler spider (forget what they are)... funny, I've never see one yet, but I've danged sure seen a lot of those black widows, but not at the barn... HA!

Trent cracks me up... he'll stand head to toe with a bull or a big ole idiot cow, but let it be a spider, and he's running for the hills.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 10:39 am

LOL, that is the cutest thing ever, I bet your daughter scared it way more than it scared her... Shiela, it's a brown recluse, the spider he's talking about. I've had the pleasure of having one crawl up my leg, and I'm a super arachnaphobic, I mean, full on panic attack, I had a piece of pipe in my hand when this happened, and by lord, I had a bruise the size of Texas on my leg, but that spider was sure enough dead.... lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 1:09 pm

Boy, that brings back a memory!!!!!! Twentynine years ago, I was going to a show....Had all of my show clothes packed up in the kitchen the night before we left. The next morning I got my daughter fed, did some chores, and was on my way. The next day I was putting on my show clothes.....Went to put my right boot on.....What the hell???? I pulled my foot back out of the boot....And there, stuck to my sock was an entire slice of toast with strawberry jam!!!!!!!!! My boots were next to my daughter's high-chair. Guess she decided to hide her breakfast, rather than eat it!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:08 pm

lol! lol! That is so funny.. You just never know who will stop by to visit.. alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 1:06 pm

Made me laugh.. I thougt it was a snake for sure!affraid
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 1:29 pm

I ALWAYS!!! check my boots for spiders or scorpions
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 4:04 pm

at least it wasnt a mouse! i found a mouse about three days ago!

haha. silly creatures
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 4:16 pm

Awe he's cute!!!! Much better to find him than a spider, snake or scorpion.

Sheila, I'm with your boys, *all* spiders are either brown recluses or Black Widows. Actually, a friend of mine was bit by a black widow about a year ago, it was in his boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always Check Your Boots   Always Check Your Boots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Always Check Your Boots
Page 1 of 1