Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hock injections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

hock injections Empty
PostSubject: hock injections   hock injections Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 3:11 pm

Somebody tell me all you know about hock injections. Toby's were injected right before we bought him a year and a half ago, and I think they'll need it again before show season starts. He is not obviously lame, but when I pivot him to the left, he short steps on that left rear leg. Also, when I turn them out, he feels the need to take off at top speed and make a few laps running and bucking...isn't that normal for a 26 yr old horse? Then, he usually does a big sliding stop after which he takes a few lame steps on that left rear leg. Other than that, it's not noticeable. We've never done hocks before. We had Nick's front feet done a couple of times, but i'm just needing info on the hocks. My trusted lameness vet has moved so I'm getting someone I don't know...any tips as to what to ask for, what to look for, etc?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

hock injections Empty
PostSubject: Re: hock injections   hock injections Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 5:25 pm

Steve wills, does them. It usually is a once a year thing, most do it right before show season starts, some have to have it done more often, but sounds like maybe a beginning show season thing for him.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

hock injections Empty
PostSubject: Re: hock injections   hock injections Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2010, 7:03 pm

Kay, Do you know Dr Hilary Hinson from Wills? That's who they recommended to me at the clinic. I want Dee Dee to come do it, but of course, she's in South Carolina. No
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

hock injections Empty
PostSubject: Re: hock injections   hock injections Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2010, 5:17 pm

Yes, I Know Hilary, She use to show with Kittie. Me, If I could get him, it would be Steve, Hands down, next in line, I guess Hilary.. Im picky. If I had to, Id haul to Steve to get it done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hock injections Empty
PostSubject: Re: hock injections   hock injections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hock injections
Page 1 of 1