Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

waiting on a foal

Go down 
+4
Triple J Quarter Horses
Bluejay
SSFarm2
denibun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 5:44 pm

kitty kitty Going home from work to start the foaling dance. She's 334 days and if she'd foal this weekend, I could play with the baby all weekend before having to come back to work Monday. kitty cheers
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 6:37 pm

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but mine usually are closer to the 342 days.
Does she have any wax yet?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 8:28 pm

YEA, won't be long now.. Can't wait to see the little darling.. pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2008, 11:42 pm

Sleep Hello, Are you awake? Are you getting sleep? Sleep

WAKE UP! When you on foal watch You dont sleep, What are you thinking scratch Hee Hee, See I can say this now! hee Hee Razz
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 12:25 am

Nope, no sleep here on foal watch. I checked her this evening around 6ish and she wasn't doing anything at all. By 8 or so, she had wax on one teat and by 10:30 or so, she had wax on both. Last year, she waxed about 12 hours before she foaled. She's eating right now, but I'll be up checking on her through the night. I told her if it is not palomino this year, I'm putting it back in. Razz
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 8:49 am

UPDATE PLEASE..............

Anything new in the barn???? That poor mare if you try to put it back, she had better run if its not yellow............
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 5:11 pm

I think she heard if it wasn't yellow, I was putting it back and she is scared to foal or she's just playing a cruel joke...no baby yet. kitty kitty
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 6:07 pm

Waiting for babies is like watching paint dry or water boil - the more you watch the longer it takes lol!

My mare showed more at 336 days than she did on 349 days when she finally spit that sucker out...They like to make you watch them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 8:49 pm

Yeah, well she's got more wax tonight than she had last night so I guess I'll be watching her again. She's gonna hold it in until I'm so tired that I say okay, have a dang red filly if you have to!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2008, 9:12 pm

lol! I had one I swear she would wait till she knew you were sleeping then foal. I would wake up and it would still be wet.. lol! .. Routy and Annies Mom has her now.. I really do believe she just knew when to let it happen.. I wait then when I see little pearls hanging there that will be the night.. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 1:21 pm

denibun wrote:
Yeah, well she's got more wax tonight than she had last night so I guess I'll be watching her again. She's gonna hold it in until I'm so tired that I say okay, have a dang red filly if you have to!!

Guess you will Shoot me when we see each other at a show if its a red filly huh? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 4:25 pm

I feel for you we are at that point now too... foal watch is so much fun Smile I love my barn cam... just get to watch from the warmth of my bed this mare foaled at about 2 in the afternoon last year so Im not getting really excited about anything.
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 5:48 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Guess you will Shoot me when we see each other at a show if its a red filly huh? Suspect

Yep. You'll be in big trouble lady!! Smile
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 5:50 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
I love my barn cam... just get to watch from the warmth of my bed

Alright, don't be rubbing in the barn cam thing. I slept in jeans and a sweatshirt last night so I just had to slip shoes on to go check her.

Denise
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 6:24 pm

No baby yet?? Dang I was hoping to come on here and see pictures.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 8:53 pm

We do not have the barn cam. But, we do have camera's and do sit inside and watch.. lol! I have one foaling stall that has a light on all night and is dim. We can even hear them breathing in the barn.. We lay in bed at night and watch from there as well.. Sleep You wake up and see them laying down. Can keep you up all night.. coffee waiting to see if they are going to go to the foaling stance.. lol!

I know mine well enough I know when this is the night. And, some do this in the day time.. Shocked

Course, non of that works when the power goes out... lol!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2008, 10:05 pm

last year with 5 coming I had to have a barn cam couldn't live w/o it. If the market ever goes back up I will get internet camera connection so I can check from work as well that would be awsome.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 1:33 pm

Since it stormed this morning, and last night. I just knew you had a baby! It would have scared it right out of her! What a Face
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 2:59 pm

Nope...just went home and checked on her again. She doesn't just have wax. She has waxsicles...kind of like icicles on your house. I checked on her @ 3 this morning and I said, "I'm going to sleep. You're on your own if you foal before 6 o'clock." So I slept til 6 but even that didn't tempt her. Every mare I've ever had kind of followed the same pattern every year, but t his girl is way off from what she did last year. I don't have a camera, but I tried hooking a baby monitor up from the barn to the house, but it was too far...wouldn't work. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 3:04 pm

Because when my mares are due, I'm usually home alone with the kids, I go out every two hours. Luckily, I just have Freckles left to wait for right now, and she always has them when I put them back in the barn at night. Then in a few months, I'll have Vamp to foal. She always waits till I'm in the bathroom or getting a fresh cup of coffee. This time I have a big coffee machine in the barn. And I'm just gonna pee in someone's stall.
Back to top Go down
denibun

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 3:13 pm

Always before, I have known it was the night. Leading up to that I might get up twice a night and check them. Then, once I thought it was gonna be that night, I checked hourly and I haven't missed one yet, but this time she's trying to wear me down. I did hour and a half checks Friday and Saturday night and two hour checks last night until I went 3 hours from 3 am to 6 am. I'll see how she looks tonight before I decide what my plan is for tonight.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2008, 9:06 pm

Dancing Getting close for sure... cake cheering pray
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

waiting on a foal Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting on a foal   waiting on a foal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

waiting on a foal
Page 1 of 1