Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heck of a day already

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Heck of a day already Empty
PostSubject: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 1:21 pm

It started raining last night at around 11. By this morning, we had around 2 inches of rain, and the power was out. We actually had it pretty good. People to the south of us had hail as big as eggs. Broke some windows, ruined some crops. And to top it all off, the memorial garden at the next tiny little town was trashed by the hail and as part of our RM's 125th Anniversay celebration this weekend, they were having a big garden thing there.
I was supposed to have a roast cooked this morning, had the oven set to turn on at 5am. The 4-H club is selling beef on a bun in town tonight. It's in now, power came back on about an hour ago. Plus, I went to put in my contacts. They are GONE. My glasses are broken, all I have to wear is my prescription sunglasses. Real fun at night. AHHHH.
Tomorrow Brennen & I wil be riding in the parade. Taegan & Sean are going to sit and watch with Wade. They'd prefer to get candy to ride in it. I'll ask Wade to take some pics. After the parade, our club is hosting a fun gymkhana. Each kid gets a rope halter for participating. It's all stuff like egg & spoon and ribbon races. We may have barrels & poles after one dad complained that his kid wanted to be competitive and the "crap stuff" wasn't for them. He just wants to show off his daughter, but come on, most of this is planned for old ladies to watch, barrles & poles get boring for them after a few run.
Then on Sunday, there was that cow horse thing I entered. They had to cancel it due to lack of entries. There is also a team penning and a team ranch thing on the same day. We were also going to have a barrel calcutta, but the people who own the indoor arena are putting on a 3-D. That's just sour grapes because he's afraid our free outdoor arena in town is going to take business away from him. Sure, it will, but the guy who was planning the stuff in town is supposed to be a friend of his and helps the guy out with his chores all the time. He knew what was being planned, it's not like he can use that as an excuse.

So anyhow, I am off to pick up my horses from my grandparent's place. We brought them there on Wednesday to go trail riding with my city cousin who is visiting this week. Sounds like she's had a blast. Brennen really liked taking his colt somewhere new and Seth behaved like an old trail horse. This is going to be a long day.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 1:50 pm

Well you had suprises around every corner! Hee Hee affraid
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2008, 8:42 pm

When I went to leave, I found that my little lights were on in my truck. Lights I never use. So the bloody thing was dead.
At least my best friend is on her way home fromm the scam job of a Natural Horsemanship Training Program she was at. She's driving and will be home by tomorrow night, just in time to come with us to the dance.
My roast turned out great. The guy who cuts all the meat told me so Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2008, 2:37 pm

Woohoo - at least you made it through!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 11:30 am

Saturdays parade went really well. I was in it and Wade didn't have the camera, so as soon as I get sent some pics, I'll put them up. Brennen rode Seth and they were fine. It was a cold, windy parade, but fun. The weekend was really busy and I'm wiped out. The gymkhana was held in the rink instead of the outdoor arena. It was all fun games. I was leading Sean on Tony, so once again, no pics.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 12:08 pm

It was a cold, windy Oh Man what is that! we could only hope.. As were melting here, MELTING, MElting, melting! sunny
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2008, 4:38 pm

I would have preferred some sun. Maybe not melting temps, but at least let some blue through.
And today is nice. I think Mother Nature likes screwing with us. Plan a big 125th Anniversay party for our RM. TADAAA- crappy weather.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heck of a day already   Heck of a day already Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heck of a day already
Page 1 of 1