Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FDD DYNASTY FASTEST QUALIFIER

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

FDD DYNASTY FASTEST QUALIFIER Empty
PostSubject: FDD DYNASTY FASTEST QUALIFIER   FDD DYNASTY FASTEST QUALIFIER Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2007, 2:48 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM AND LOS ALAMITOS.COM

Champion FDD Dynasty Has Fastest Time In Return

LOS ALAMITOS RACE COURSE, CYPRESS, CA—FDD Dynasty, the champion 2-year-colt last year, looked sharp in his return to the track when posting the fastest qualifying time to the $170,000 Governor's Cup Derby at 400 yards. First Down Dash sired all three trial winners.

Ridden by G.R. Carter for owners Billy Smith, Pat Guthrie and Vessels Stallion Farm, FDD Dynasty won his sixth race in eight career starts after defeating Ten Oclock Scholar by two lengths. The winner of last year's Ed Burke Million Futurity and runner-up in the Los Alamitos Two Million Futurity and third place finisher in the Golden State Million Futurity covered the distance in :19.46 for trainer Mike Joiner.

"He did it pretty easy," Smith said. "You're always apprehensive when you bring a horse like FDD Dynasty back because you never know what he's going to do. He looked super tonight. Joiner told G.R., 'Hey, don't think you need to break the track record tonight. I didn't want to see him get beat. The way he won was the perfect outcome.

"The final is on July 28, so it's going to great to race on California Breeders Champions Night," Smith added. "Eventually we want to point him to the Los Alamitos Super Derby. We have our eyeballs on the Champion of Champions. I'm excited right now. My heart is pumping. I think he's better now than before.

"He's a special horse. Blues Girl Too and Jess You And I (both of them champions last year) are the only horses to have finished ahead of him and FDD Dynasty has beat them both before."

FDD Dynasty, who had not raced since the December 8 Los Alamitos Two Million, had surgery to remove small chips from both ankles according to Smith. "We didn't have to do it, but we did," he added. "I think he did more than we could have expected from him."

Denise and Ron Amburgh's Not A Full Moon posted a very impressive win of his own in the second trial to the Governor's Cup. Making his first start since winning the Grade 1 El Primero Del Ano Derby on April 13, the full brother to champion Your First Moon covered the distance in :19.56 while winning his heat by 1 3/4 lengths. Alejandro Luna piloted the gelding for Jaime Gomez.

Ed Allred and Ron Shalz's First Down Morn, who ran third in the El Primero Del Ano, won the first trial by a nose over Town Policy Handicap runner-up Don Juan Bryan SA and multiple Grade 1 finalist Trisk. Saul Ramirez piloted the brown colt. His full brother First Icy Morn will race in the Governor's Cup Futurity on Champions Night.

Race: GOVERNORS CUP DERBY-RG2
Track: LOS ALAMITOS RACE COURSE
Trials: JULY 14, 2007
Final: JULY 28, 2007
Purse: $135,00-ADDED
Distance: 400 YARDS

Horse Sex Sire-Dam, Dam Sire Time Owner Breeder Trainer Jockey

Fdd Dynasty c. First Down Dash--Dinastia Toll Brz, by Tolltac :19.460 P. Guthrie, B. Smith & Vessels Stallion Farm, LLC Vessels Stallion Farm, LLC/Fakri Family Partnership Michael W. Joiner G.R. Carter, Jr.

Not A Full Moon g. First Down Dash--Moon Arisen, by *Beduino (TB) :19.560 Ron & Denise Van Amburgh Vessels Stallion Farm, LLC Jamie H. Gomez Alejandro Luna

First Down Morn c. First Down Dash--Icy Morn (TB), by Crowned Jewel (TB) :19.735 Edward C. Allred & Ron Shalz Vessels Stallion Farm/D M Cattle Co. (CA) John H. Bassett Saul Ramirez, Jr.

Don Juan Bryan Sa c. Blazin Bryan--Eyemadoinalrite, by Mr Eye Opener :19.745 Gianni F. Samaja Gianna Franco Samaja (CA) Felix L. Gonzalez G.R. Carter, Jr.

Ten Oclock Scholar g. Bono Jazz--Dollars Chick, by Chicks Beduino :19.775 Edward C. Allred & Tom Seibly Spencer L. Childers (CA) Dan C. Francisco Rodrigo Aceves

Dimples First Dash f. First Down Dash--Denim N Dimples, by The Desert Jewel :19.800 Muller Racing, LLC Willow Ridge Farm (TX) Dennis Ekins Cesar DeAlba

Way Down Town c. First Down Dash--Lil Bit Rusty, by Easily Smashed :19.825 Jim Geller & Kim A. Kessinger Vessels Stallion Farm, LLC/A. Amer Paul C. Jones Cody Jensen

Sir Runaway Dash c. First Down Dash--Runaway Wave, by Runaway Winner :19.830 Runaway Ranch Lucas Racing, LLC (MY) Paul C. Jones Cody Jensen

Checknbac f. Check Him Out--Running Bac, by Splash Bac :19.830 Dutch Masters III J. Francisco Diaz (CA) Jaime H. Gomez Alejandro Luna

Future Father g. Separatist--Motherless, by A Classic Dash :19.845 Edward C. Allred Edward C. Allred (CA) Scott Willoughby Raul Ramirez, Jr.

Trial Notes: In his first three-year-old start, Champion Fdd Dynasty won the last of three trials by two lengths over Ten Oclock Scholar to set the fastest qualifying time.

Leading Sire First Down Dash sired six of the finalists.
Back to top Go down

FDD DYNASTY FASTEST QUALIFIER
Page 1 of 1