Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FDD Dynasty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 12:25 am

Anyone know why he was scratched?

Champion of Champions should be awesome this year!!! Wish he made it to the Super Derby...oh well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 2:23 am

COURTESY OF LOS ALAMITOS.COM

FDD DYNASTY SCRATCHED OUT OF TRIALS

Champion FDD Dynasty was scratched out of the trials to the Los Alamitos Super Derby due to a stomach condition according to co-owner Frank "Scoop" Vessels.

"He had an upset stomach on Friday night so Dr. Rick Overly (DVM) and (assistant trainer) Cody Joiner made the decision at 4 a.m. Saturday morning to send him to the clinic at Vessels Stallion Farm," said Vessels in an interview with TVG. Rick and Cody made the right decision. The horse was feeling compacted when he arrived at the farm but everything is now moving in the right direction.

"We recently syndicated him so we couldn't take a chance to run him in the trials," Vessels added. "Nobody likes to compete more than me but we'll have to miss the Super Derby trials and move on from there. Co-owners Billy Smith and Pat Guthrie are also very competitive but the well being of FDD Dynasty comes first."

Vessels is confident that the son of First Down Dash, who won the Go Man Go Handicap on September 15, will be ready for the $1 million Champion of Champions in mid-December. FDD Dynasty moved into the starting lineup of the Champion of Champions after Los Alamitos Invitational Championship winner Strength In Numbers had season ending surgery earlier this week. The Go Man Go offered the first alternate starting berth into the Champion of Champions.

FDD Dynasty, voted the nation's champion 2-year-old colt in 2006, has won eight of 10 career starts for earnings of $1,073,001. In addition to the Go Man Go, he won the restricted Grade 1 Governor's Cup Derby and last year's Grade 1 Ed Burke Million Futurity.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2007, 7:03 pm

Ah....
I love that horse!!!!
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 12:08 pm

he started having some stomach problems the evening before and during the middle of the night they decided that it would be better if he was at the hospital just in case he were to get worse. Luckily he didn't. But with traffic in CA they could get him there fast at that time of the night but if he got worse saturday morning and traffic was bad we could have lost him. And that wasn't a risk we were willing to take. He is doing great, all happy and glad to be back home at our barn. I'm headed out to see him now and love on him. If everything continues going well we will aim at the Champion of Champions. I'll let you know if anything changes or of any updates. I'll try and get a picture and load it up if i figure out how.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 5:58 pm

Wonderful! Thanks for the info! I saw him last year but it was when he was at the track...didn't get to see a whole lot.

oh - and if you need any help with uploading pics just let me know!
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 23rd 2007, 11:09 pm

Wow, I just watched the replays from the trials and that A Mere Splash looked really impressive. He ran all over the place and still beat Jess You and I pretty easily.

I saw he was the favorite, but I've never heard of him. Do any of y'all know what he did before this?
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 12:29 am

Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 6:50 pm

Thanks Smokey, but it won't let me open it.

haha ya, I think they need to change bits on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FDD Dynasty Empty
PostSubject: Re: FDD Dynasty   FDD Dynasty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FDD Dynasty
Page 1 of 1