Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AQHA Some of the Rule changes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Empty
PostSubject: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 10:00 am

study Just some interesting reading. coffee

http://www.aqha.com/showing/news/2006rulechanges

Approved to increase fees at the World Show for the following classes for 2007:
a. 2007 Weanlings $500 Cutting $1,100 Cow Horse $600 Reining $850 2-year-old Pleasure $1,000 Roping/VRH $600 All others $350 (all others includes speed events, team penning and ranch sorting)

OUCH!

Amended Rule 214 (b) by omitting the first sentence, allowing the use of Roman numerals in a horse name.
Approved that Rule 201(d), (e) and (f) be replaced with a new 201(d) that reads as follows: Registration of Offspring. To protect innocent, third-party owners of offspring that are the product of breedings of previously eligible parents taking place prior to date of cancellation of the certificate of a parent or parents, such offspring are eligible for registration; however, a previously issued certificate shall be recalled to designate the pedigree behind the cancelled parent/s as “unknown.”

Approved rules read General Subcommittee holding the saddle with either hand will result in a disqualification, except for speed events or unless the individual event rules specifies otherwise.
Approved recognizing all-around exhibitors placings for first, second and third places on the show record with a letter of congratulations from AQHA to follow.
Approved that each class for novice eligibility will become its own skill set.
Approved automatic enrollment into the Limited Rider program.

Approved to amend rule 447 (d)
a) (1) to read extremely poor jog (2) very poor jog (3) poor jog.
b) (1) extremely poor lope (2) very poor lope (3) poor lope.

Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2007, 9:54 pm

hmmm.... I don't see the change in the roping I paid $600.00 in 2005....
can you imagine if you missed.. 600.00 down the drain for one throw you draw a bad calf oh well you are screwed because the stock contractor brought a sour calf that doesn't include stall, cattle charges etc.... or 1,100.00 in a cutting for one run if your cow gets past you your SOL.. these fees are STUPID, INSANE, etc... how are they justifying these expenses? Where is the money going is what I want to know? Purses ok some but not all,,, fees to use the OKC grounds then why are we charging an arm and a leg for people to watch the show? I could go on and on but noone wants to listen to be *&^%& you have to be a gosh darn millionaire to show at the damn show....
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 8:33 am

Lynn, couldn't agree more... in my book, it's just totally stupid! I think every entry on the roping and cutting is paying the rent for the stupid cows... each one of 'em! Jeesh!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2007, 11:07 am

can you imagine if you missed.. 600.00 down the drain for one throw you draw a bad calf oh well you are screwed because the stock contractor brought a sour calf ...

No I can't, Ive seen it at shows, and think, all that time waiting and poof, But 600.00 WOW! OUCH! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2007, 12:55 pm

you missed part of my point Sheila-that is just the entry you still have to pay cattle charges on top of that! I don't understand why with roping it isn't like so many other big roping events an average say 2 runs to get to the finals... you wouldn't believe how many people miss at the world show.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2007, 9:36 am

Oh, Lynn, I can imagine.

I brought this topic back up because I think EVERYONE should know that you can't judge what's there with the real world. For instance, as Lynn stated, the entry fees are astronomical. Just flat stupid. Even if you paid only $500 just to be able to show in halter, not including stall fees, blah, blah, blah.

What's even worse is, the Reichert. One class, one horse... $3,500... one freaking class, and that's for halter! Now, if I've got a $4,500 filly, why in the world would you even do it!

You have to look at who's showing, because there's usually tons of money behind it... usually. In halter, very seldom will you see those horses again except at Congress, the World Show or the Reichert. Not in any regular quarter shows. People always think you've got to have the best of the best and pay max dollars to do it - not so. So what if a big boy turns up, if you have a class of 10-15 and you get 2nd... you've got points, and that's what matters!
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2007, 10:23 am

WOW!!!!!!! At those prices, I'd be working at WM for the next 30yrs!!!!!!! I guess they want to make sure that only "certain" people will go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AQHA Some of the Rule changes.   AQHA Some of the Rule changes. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AQHA Some of the Rule changes.
Page 1 of 1