Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Janie's first AQHA show!!

Go down 
+7
Lynn M.
reiningfan
7cedars
Cindy
Bellablue
Triple J Quarter Horses
RoanRider420
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Janie's first AQHA show!! Empty
PostSubject: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 9:40 am

Well, Janie's first AQHA show at Gordyville this past weekend went really well. The first day I won the Novice Showmanship under one judge, got 4th under the other, it was at least a 1 point class but may have been a 2 point (we can't remember if there were 8 or 11 in it!). And I got 2nd under one judge and 5th under the other in the Ammy Showmanship and that was 1/2 point. And we got 4th and 5th in Walk Trot. So at Janie's first show she got at least 1.5 points! The second day something weird happened with the cone in my Novice pattern, I'm still not sure what so my trainer and I have to watch the video. Then I totally forgot my pattern in the Amateur class, after inspection you were supposed to back and then pivot and I left out the back! But my friend did too so we laughed about it later. And then I got 4th in Walk Trot again. We had to show outside for the riding classes and it was SO HOT!!!! Plus they were harvesting corn and THREE TIMES dried up corn leaves came blowing along and hit Janie right in the head while I was riding her and she didn't even spook or anything! How's THAT for a quiet 2-year old, LOL! Then, to top it off they had one of those things that you buy a ticket for $25 they only sell so many and then they do a drawing for different amounts of money. And I WON $500!!!!!! So that paid for my whole show plus now I have enough to get Janie's legs floroscoped so that we know she doesn't have any problems and it will be OK to start asking her to start collecting up and doing some real work.
I also filled the halter classes for the "real" halter horses, it was free if you had a paid performance entry and I don't mind doing it because the halter guys are always so nice and appreciative of it.
And it was John Boxell's birthday over the weekend, so we all sang happy birthday to him and we had nachos and margaritas and a big birthday cake.
So we had a great weekend and I was so proud of my little girl. My trainer said that it is really an accomplishment to get showmanship points on a 2-year old. I'm pretty proud of my trainer too, I couldn't have done it without her.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 10:11 am

BIG CONGRATS! Yeep Yee! Wink Just to Cool! Cool
All that and to win the jack pot! Wow! kitty
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 10:59 am

Joe didn't get any pics of us because we focused on video for this show. But we did get a really cute professional pic taken of me, Janie and Otis. Of course this photographer is notoriously slow, so I'll be lucky to get it by Thanksgiving. Rolling Eyes

Kay, I put up ads for TJ in 5 different spots around the facility, and it looked like quite a few of the phone numbers were torn off by the end of the weekend, so hopefully someone will contact you!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 11:26 am

Guess what I sold him the same folks from Mexico that bought my mare bought him. They came to get her, asked my price and said, they would take him.. Shoot Just like that! So, Im out of horses to sell for the moment. Guess, thats a good thing. Just havent had this few in many years, Oh, well babies coming in Feb. Secret is going to the trainers the first of Oct. Will leave me 3 at home, until I pick up the new stallion. Lord, I dread that, Another Stud! affraid Training another one for breeding. Mercy.

BUT if I get any calls, I know of a couple more for sale, they arent mind, But They are dear friends and need to move a few.

DID I SAY THANKS SO MUCH!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 12:04 pm

Congrats on selling him so fast!!!
Back to top Go down
Bellablue

Bellablue

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 10:58 pm

Hey congrats on the great show. One of my carpool ladies added showmanship to her show schedule, she says it its tough.. so yeah for you and Janie cheers
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 8:35 am

Yeah! Congrats and $500 to boot!!!! Can beat that!!! kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 9:11 am

Congrats, Sheree! You'll be busting classes up before ya know it!!!!
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 9:15 am

I found out the Nov Showmanship was a 1 point class, so she got 1 1/2 points at her first show. Still not too bad!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 4:12 pm

Way to go. You must be so proud of her. And winning the money, thats the yummy frosting on the cake.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 4:57 pm

She was so funny in the halter classes! She was looking at all those huge halter fillies with her eyes all big! I think she was trying to figure out what they were!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 5:29 pm

That would've been funny to see. I can imagine some of my little guys would've been wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 5:52 pm

I know that a lot of people think it's wrong to "fill" a halter class, but if it's free, I don't see what the big deal is. I look at is as practice for my showmanship!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 8:03 pm

I guess I would be one of those people who think it is wrong to fill classes. The horses should earn their points legit and yes if you go in and are truly competing then it would be legit but it you are only filling then the horses who wins doesn't really earn their points every point my horse gets in roping, reining or cutting it earns no one fills thoses classes. I can't imaging a halter horse going in and entering one of thoses classes to pump up the points for me. I know it goes on and that is why I think that performance halter is a wonderful class it is a place I can go to halter with my horse if I choose to w/o just being a filler. I think a horse should have to EARN their points and if the classes are too small for points then eventually changes will happen but if class padding and filling continues then the industry changes that need to happen won't. JMO
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 10:56 pm

The guy I fill classes for has an aged stud that he happily takes into reining, pleasure, or anything else that people ask. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of taking my filly into performance halter. Remember, you have to have an ROM for that. Besides, who's to say on any given day that a judge won't choose my mare over the halter horses? She's not a puke, she's very correct, and judging is supposed to be by the correctness of the horse, not the size.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 11:36 am

like I said if you are doing it to honestly be in the halter class then I have no problem and your mare is definately no puke! (my problem is people being fillers knowing that is all they are) and I forgot to say congrats on your classes. What I get sick of is being chased around and offered all sorts of things to enter my horse in halter to fill classes I had no plan to enter. My guy is pretty but not tall enough to compete in halter so no I wouldn't even waste my time and every time he were to enter it would go on his record so I perfer not to enter a class that he has no chance of winning.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 12:40 pm

People offer you things to show in halter classes? Holy cow I think I'm showing in the wrong place, LOL! Nobody ever offers us anything, not even a dang sandwich! Next time I will tell them they have to go and get me a cheeseburger first!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 3:47 pm

CONGRATS On Janie's first points!!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 4:16 pm

Kelly, I think Phenom and Janie must be related. She ate Otis' dog food out of his dish at the horse show...sigh.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 8:53 pm

cheers Great show you had for sure.. GOOD JOB.. And winning the $$$ was just icing on the cake.. YEA...

I see nothing wrong with filling a halter class as long as you show your horse with intent to place and do not just stand there.. As far as I am concerned that is no different then having so and so show your horse because no matter what they will win. Just polotics and anyone who shows seriously does it.. YES they do.. This is why some people get tons of money to just show the horse.. What makes it really fun is when you beat em.. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 4:07 pm

Suspect Im Guilty! I did it! Suspect

SMS, she paid for me to enter, she was trying to qualify for the world, needed 1.5 points, I made number 10 to make a 2 point class, And I got the 2 points. She placed 3rd. She tried to back out of paying for me showing. The show manager said he would make sure it was taken care of as I was not going to show that week end it was for Kittie to make the Congress team.

M.H. this happened when he was still training, (Sheree you should know who Im talking about) Asked me to ride in Open jr. Western pleasure to make a 2 point class, I was showing Novice. Well, I did, got the best ride of my life, where it came from I dont know. But I got 2nd, Hee hee Smile and boy was I smiling.. M.H. came in third. He just laughed and said, Ill never ask you to fill a class again. He paid for the class and we teased each other over that one for a long time.

Goes to prove, you just never know what will happen if you fill a class. Wink
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 4:53 pm

Argh, I know like three different M.H.s!! Email me and tell me which one, LOL!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 8:34 am

Sheree, I think it's great you're going in to halter. One of these days, you'll get a WP judge, and he/she will place you higher in the class. And hey, you never know, you might just get you some points for the ALL AROUND! And if it's free, even better!
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: First AQHA show   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeSeptember 30th 2007, 8:35 pm

Well I had my first AQHA show this weekend with my 2 year old and he got his first .5 point was kinda nice I was there when he was born I was there when we took him to a gelding and was the one showing him for his first point kinda leaves you with a good feeling ... bred and raised him and he did fairley well 1st out of 4 I'll take it .......
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2007, 2:46 pm

Lovetoshow.. GREAT JOB cheering Makes you proud of what you have accomplished and that others like what you have done as well. Sounds like that guy is on his way too.. cake
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show!!   Janie's first AQHA show!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Janie's first AQHA show!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next