Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scamp has officially become barn boss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Scamp has officially become barn boss Empty
PostSubject: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 11:23 am

Had a bunch of dirt brought in and redid Kid's stall. Thank GAWD! Well, on one side, as you've probably seen in some pictures, there's tarps. Kid's on the other side of it, and he can stick his nose over the panels. So when I put Scamp in there just then, he sees his Dad peeking into his stall, course goes over there and does the baby talk, "Dad, it's just me, no problemo, Dad, I'm not bad." Kid's out there prancing around showing his stuff. When one retires from the show ring, time for the other to replace him. And that's the big Daddy stall. As soon as we get Scamp's old stall all releveled, Jazz will go in there. Kid is where my paint stud used to be and Scamp is in Kid's place. And so another generation begins.

I've noticed lately that when I bring or put up Scamp, Kid's in his pen giving him the evil eye with his ears back. He knows his son is growing up and wants to maintain big dog status, and he always will.

These studs crack me up!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 12:10 pm

That's so funny! All of my boys do the same thing, except the little palomino colt, he just goes with it. If I take Remmy out and not Scotch, boy do I hear about it, dang. Scotch is a jealous little brat sometimes lol. He pitches a huge fit when I work one of the other boys and not him. He already does the little boy things too, we had an outside mare in for Remmy last week and he was hurt, thought she was his lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 3:04 pm

One brat is enough for me. The rest its, SNIP SNIP and CRUNCH CRUNCH!
riding
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 8:02 pm

I like the boys...the girls are just a little too much laid back for me. Kid's just so much more relaxed since he's been outside and is having a ball. He keeps watch on the mares and lets me know what everybody's up to and keeps the little ones in line...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 11:04 am

I'm the same way Shiela, I love stallions, I think they are just fantastic, if they're done right. I'd absolutely love to be a vet and own my own stallion station, run the whole breeding operation myself.... one sure can dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 6:03 pm

I find the studs are a lot more honest. Those gosh-darned mares and geldings will get ya! HA! Especially those onery mares... Lordy!

The studs are what they are... you usually know what they'll do before they do it, so you're ready. If they're onery, they're onery; if they're kind, they're kind... although I've seen some true rogues out there! WHEW!

Farrier came over this past Sunday and said he was supposed to do a half brother of Kid... he's an own son of Touchdown Kid, too.. said the owner had sent him off to a trainer, and he came back worse than before, and a girl had been working with him, and when she picked up the lounge whip, he came after her, grabbed her by the shoulder and tossed her. I told the farrier somebody needs to meet him with a 2x4... and then he asked if I'd go and look at him, see if I could do something with him... told him, nope, wasn't my problem, and I wasn't going to get hurt trying to help somebody else's problem... no thank ya!

It still aggravates the living snot out of me that the girl I got Kid from didn't teach him any gosh-danged manners, even halter break him ... GAWD... and then I've got to deal with a 1,250 2-year old stud horse that has raging hormones! And I'm telling ya... that's down right scarey! I didn't halter break him... HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scamp has officially become barn boss   Scamp has officially become barn boss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scamp has officially become barn boss
Page 1 of 1