Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prayers needed in KS

Go down 
+8
Mare
QHorse163
PHENOMADACIOUS
7cedars
SuperLope
Bluejay
SilverBuckleHorses
Lynn M.
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Prayers needed in KS Empty
PostSubject: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 5:04 pm

After the disasterous tornadoes in KS last night many people are still unaccounted for (including a 14yr old girl) and we are already getting hit with more severe weather and it is supposed to get worse.... just wanted to send out a prayer request for those of you who are religous there are a lot of families in KS really needing it right now!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 5:14 pm

I know, I've been watching everything on the news all day, and boy, that's just so sad. Everyone experiencing the bad weather is in my prayers, just try to keep yourselves safe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 6:39 pm

yeah it looks like another rough night for those poor people 3 tornado warnings in that same reigion right now... they have mandatory evacuations out(probably due to fly debris) but I imagine if my family was still missing you wouldn't get me out of there....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 9:32 pm

OMG.. I am praying that all stay safe and no one else gets hurt. I just cannot believe how terrifying this must be.. I would be so scared and unsure of the out come.. I believe the higher power will show then the way.. pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 10:02 pm

Prayers here pray

such a terrible thing the weather has been lately Sad
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 10:56 pm

We're thinking and praying for ya. YOU just be sure you keep in contact with somebody here!!!!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2007, 1:14 am

My thoughts exactly!!! I was wrackin my braim trying to figure out where you were in relation to the storms! I'm glad you're ok, please stay that way. I will say extra prayers tonight.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2007, 1:35 am

I am just east of Wichita all the bad stuff so far has been west of Wichita someone said tomorrow it was coming my way... I say no to that don't need it don't want it...... PLEASE NO
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2007, 2:31 am

I will keep you & the rest of those affected in my thoughts. Weather is a scary thing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2007, 9:53 am

Your all in my prayers and thoughts. Such a sad deal and now they are getting hit again. No Do keep in touch with us if you are able to.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 12:34 am

I hope all are well and safe..... although I have heard 9 are already dead Sad

here is some pics of what its like to walk through that town............

http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Greensburg%20Tornado/Default.aspx?N=21
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 12:54 am

we are on a 3rd day of tornadoes and severe weather... they are sandbagging some towns in that area due to flooding... that town is completely flatten and has been subjected to 2 more days of tornadoes/baseball sized hail and high winds but they are hoping to let people back into the town tomorrow morning to get belongings/keepsakes that aren't completely ruined- for me the severe weather keeps getting closer and closer but so far hasn't gotten to me yet has reached Wichita today but hasn't gotten east of there yet- just lots of rain and mud.... they are forecasting 3 more days of this YUCK!
http://www.kansas.com/static/slides/050507tornadoaerials/
here is a better pic of what that town now looks like...for those of you who don't know what an F5 tornado does
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 1:41 am

Wow. That is so sad. Sad I haven't been keeping up with the news so I didn't realize it was getting that bad. I will send good thoughts to Kansas.

Lynn, I hope it misses you! I will be thinking of you guys.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 1:50 am

I figure any night I can be sitting here at work bored to tears because the nurses are outnumbering the pts... means things are ok!!! that is the benefit of working in a speciality hospitality no emergency pts unless the big hospitals overflow and that is a long way from happening... now if I could just catch up on some sleep instead of watching the weather when I should be sleeping.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 10:34 am

I looked at that picture... isn't it weird there's nothing in the streets? Everything just literally right there. Looks like they blew up from inside, if that makes sense... scarey, scarey, scarey!
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 11:06 am

Lynn, I was wondering about you, and am glad you're safe. That is so terrible and scary. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 11:29 am

I saw this on the news last night.. OMG.. How devistating.. They said the whole down was gone.. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
CatB

CatB

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 2:37 pm

Yes, just tragic about Greensburg.

We're right there with ya, Lynne! We had a tornado warning a week ago Friday night, arc-floating rain (with more predicted all week), and just last night this huge bolt of lightning came out of the blue, knocked out our satellite tv and phone - we think it was a direct hit to the dish. The crack of thunder was so loud it made Shelby and me jump off the couch. I was holding the remote against my chin and actually felt a surge go through my body. THAT was scary! affraid

We found Latham when we were looking for Greensburg on the map. Still keeping a trail ride in mind - that is, if the weather ever settles down!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2007, 6:17 pm

We are still on Cat just need to get over the flooding too...jesh
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 4:17 am

stories out of Greensburg Monday while they found more victims of the tornadoes they did find two elderly ladies in the basement of a church alive.... YEAH for the rescue workers!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 8:00 am

Thank goodness!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 8:19 am

OMG! I will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't had a lot of time to catch up on the news and didn't realize how awful this was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed in KS   Prayers needed in KS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed in KS
Page 1 of 1