Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice needed...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 9:12 pm

Okay - I'm at a loss...

I passionately dislike my current job (and haven't liked it for over 1 year - and I work 10+hrs a day getting yelled at by morons who want money)- however the pay is somewhat decent and the benefits are really quite good...

SO - I went to an interview today and totally love the place! I don't have the job yet but I'm pretty sure it will be an option.

Here is a break down
Pros:
work with horses daily cheers
flexible 8 hour a day schedule (start at 7-8-9, whatever I want)
Better work environment
More exercise
Better for my mental and physical health Razz
Possibly make good contacts

Cons:
less $$$ almost 40% less...not quite, but close
Possibly no benefits affraid
Work weekends and holidays (but have 2 consecutive days off during the week)

I'm also pretty sure I can get a raise shortly after I get hired...and tips might be possible also (not sure though)...
Obviously working weekends would be a little hard but the two days off during the week could be highly productive...and I might be able to finish putting my stallion database together the way I've finally decided on...its pretty stinkin schnazzy if you ask me - all statistical analysis mixed with old fashioned reasoning for interpretation...anyway - back to the problem...
Do I even consider this???
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bellablue

Bellablue

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeOctober 31st 2007, 9:58 pm

Wow that is a tough one. Can you pay all your bills at the lower salary? Can you pay for medical too?? This would be my deciding factor, if I could pay my bills and still have my horses I would consider it.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2007, 12:41 am

can you get on your hubby's benefits??? You must have health care!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeNovember 1st 2007, 10:11 am

In March I was forced out of a job that I loved the work and hated the management. I was with that company for 17 years and the last 10 were miserable. I stayed because I loved the work, made $25.00 an hour all bennies and 6 weeks paid vacation.. study

When you let money motivate what you do you are wasting your life. You only get to go around once in life and I am determind to make my one time around happy.. I would never do that again. No

I am a care giver now for an assisted living facility and help take care of elderly people. Helping people is what I like to do. I make $9.00 an hour and no medical yet since I just started.. I am a much happier person.. They are happy I am there as well and really good to me. Yes, I miss the big bucks and all that.. No, I do not miss being misserable everyday and unhappy. Basketball

Do not waste your life working in a job you hate. You can take the new job and keep looking until something else comes up that will meet all your needs.. I got to the big bucks by starting at the bottom and staying with it for many years to get where I was at the other place. Don't let money drive your sole. You will be very sorry for it in the end.. Do what makes you happy.. kitty
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeNovember 2nd 2007, 7:45 pm

Okay - so, I have a plan cheers

I am going to give 2wks notice on 11/15...YAY for leaving!!!!!!!!!!

Now - here is the tricky part...
My goal is to find a new job in the next 13 days...that means apply - interview-get offer-negotiate-take job!!!

Soooo...the horsie job is a possibility BUT tomorrow I am going to an equine vet's open house for her new clinic!!!!!! Hopefully someone will be there that I can get a job from or a reference from!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bellablue

Bellablue

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 9:45 pm

good luck cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2007, 10:17 am

Good luck. You might hit a job fair too when one comes around. You can have your resume ready to go and meet many employers looking for good people.. doggie

When I left the job I had for so many years I was pretty out of sorts. I settled for a job that really sucked. It was so bad I could not sleep at night. When I finally decided to quit that one I was able to sleep again. With in two weeks I was working where I am now.. Sleep cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Advice needed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice needed...   Advice needed... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice needed...
Page 1 of 1