Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Triple Crown

Go down 
+12
QHorse163
stockman
Bobbey Phillips
Lynn M.
Cook11688
southdakota racer
ljb
Andy Gooding
Cindy
Justin
smokey
Kidd Kuhlmann
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Triple Crown - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2007, 12:31 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
woo hooo!!! I picked the looser!!!!!

haha me too

It's just as important to know who not to pick!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2007, 9:52 pm

Okay - so a few different things here in the results:
MARE and QHorse163 tie for the win with 9 points...

HOWEVER there were TWO people who guessed the top 3 picks correctly just in the wrong order...
Congrats to:
Smokey
Triple J Quarter Horses

Y'all are getting GOOD at this...we've got a few weeks before the Belmont...so read up!!!

Mare and Qhorse - please PM your mailing addresses to me...

EVERYONE got points this time!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2007, 9:44 am

Ummmm Who Won?????
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMay 27th 2007, 5:08 am

for you Triple J
Curlin-Street Sense-Hard Spun
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Rags to Riches----3 yo filly to run in the Belmont   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2007, 11:54 pm

Well, this livens things up in what was looking like a ho-hummer between Curlin and Hard Spun.

My picks:

Rags to Riches
Slews Tizzy
Curlin

Steve Haskin's Belmont Report: Belmont Gets Richer With Addition of 'Rags'
by Steve Haskin
Date Posted: June 5, 2007
Last Updated: June 5, 2007

The suspense was so thick, you could cut it with a… Well, maybe it wasn’t quite that thick, but at least there was a some anticipation to see what Todd Pletcher was going to do regarding Rags to Riches’ status in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I). After putting off his decision as long as possible, he finally made the announcement at 9:30 Tuesday morning.
Let’s jump right to the lyrics of the Tony Bennett hit song that shares the same name as the filly: “Will I go from rags to riches? My fate is up to you.” Although Rags to Riches has never seen a metaphorical rag in her life, the lyrics ring true. The riches that await her are monumental, and her fate was up to Pletcher.

In the end, he, with the blessing of co-owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith, decided to strive for greatness and attempt something that hasn’t been accomplished since 1905.

The reason for all the interest was simple: the Belmont needed Rags to Riches to give the final leg of the Triple Crown more pizzazz. That is not to imply that Curlin, and even Hard Spun, are not capable of spicing up the race, but we’re talking about a filly in the Belmont, and one they’re calling the best seen in many years. And how amazing would it be to have brother and sister win back-to-back Belmonts? Finally, with the movie “Ruffian” airing hours after the Belmont, what a magnificent lead-in a victory by Rags to Riches would provide.

Ratings no doubt will escalate, at least to some degree, not only for the movie, but for the Belmont telecast, giving ABC a horse racing bonanza on Saturday.

Also, without Rags to Riches, the Belmont field would not have had a single horse stabled at Belmont Park.

Pedigree-wise, Rags to Riches’ sire, A.P. Indy, won the Belmont. A.P. Indy’s sire, Seattle Slew, won the Belmont and sired two Belmont winners. A.P. Indy’s broodmare sire, Secretariat, won the Belmont and sired a Belmont winner. Rags to Riches’ broodmare sire, Deputy Minister, sired a Belmont winner. That’s four Belmont winners represented in her first two generations and two more in her third generation.

So, Tuesday began with a bang, and by the end of the day, Curlin and Slew’s Tizzy should be settled in at Belmont following their projected 4 p.m. arrival and we can get down to some serious activity in the days leading up to the race. Serious meaning seeing how the horses are looking, behaving, and how comfortable they seem to be on the Belmont mega-oval.

Garrett Gomez, for example, said Hard Spun was not focused in his work Monday as much as he should have been, but he handled his 1 3/8-mile gallop this morning with no problem. It’s interesting that when Hard Spun gallops you can hear him coming an eighth of a mile away. The only thing missing was smoke coming out of his nostrils. But when he works or races, he makes absolutely no noise at all.

Speaking of Gomez, who was Rags to Riches’ regular rider, he and agent Ron Anderson had made a commitment to ride Hard Spun after it looked like the filly would not run in the Belmont. When Pletcher changed course the day before entries, Anderson quickly put out a feeler with Hard Spun’s trainer Larry Jones to see how much he’d be willing to budge, without asking directly to be released from his commitment. Because Gomez had been given several days by Jones to decide what he wanted to, and because he had already familiarized himself with Hard Spun in a workout at Belmont on Monday, Jones said he intended to keep Gomez on the horse.

That set the wheels in motion for John Velazquez and agent Angel Cordero, who had made a commitment to ride Slew’s Tizzy in the Belmont. But when Cordero contacted Slew’s Tizzy’s trainer, Greg Fox, he was given the OK to ride the filly. Fox told Cordero he understood his situation with Pletcher and released him from the mount. He immediately received a phone call from Rafael Bejarano looking to ride the horse and proceeded to give him the mount. Bejarano is familiar with two of the Belmont starters. He was aboard Curlin when the colt broke his maiden by 12 3/4 lengths in his career debut, and won an allowance race on Imawildandcrazyguy by 10 lengths.

So, once again, Pletcher and Velazquez will team up to try to win their first classic. To finally do it with a filly, and one as gifted as Rags to Riches, would make the occasion all the more special.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 10:41 pm

That definately makes it more interesting. I'm pulling for her.

Rags to Riches
Curlin
Tiago

here's the past performances http://www.equibase.com/rotw/raceprogram.pdf
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 12:18 am

ATTABOY JUSTIN---GOSH IF SHE WINS THAT'LL REALLY TURN THIS YEAR UPSIDE DOWN AND SIDEWAYS. yeah

THANKS FOR THE PP'S Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 1:42 am

hmm that does make things interesting...
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 4:26 pm

OOPS!!!

Forgot to post my last place horse:

Imawildandcrazyguy
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Sheik Mohammed/Darley   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 4:33 pm

Pretty soon he'll own all the horses........... icecream

Darley Buys Epsom Derby Winner Authorized
by -
Date Posted: 6/7/2007 2:15:43 PM
Last Updated: 6/7/2007 3:32:31 PM

Vodafone Derby winner Authorized will stand stud at Darley.

Sheikh Mohammed's Darley has bought Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner Authorized as a future stallion. The purchase comes on the heels of the international outfit buying the breeding rights in Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Street Sense, and the runner-up, Hard Spun.

Authorized, a son of Montjeu, has been leased back to current owners Saleh al Homaizi and Imad al Sagar. He will continue to be trained by Peter Chapple-Hyam and managed for the owners by Tony Nerses. Authorized's next goal is the Coral-Eclipse Stakes (Eng-I) July 7.

Bred in Ireland by Marengo Investments, Knighton House, and Michael Kinane, Authorized is the first foal from the Saumarez mare Funsie, whose dam is a half-sister to deceased major sire Green Dancer.

Authorized, who won the Epsom classic by five lengths, has won three of four races, including last year's Racing Post Trophy (Eng-I) and this year's Totesport.com Dante Stakes (Eng-II).

Darley, which plans to stand Street Sense and Hard Spun at Darley near Lexington, also stands stallions at several other farms, including Dalham Hall Stud near Newmarket, England, and Kildangan Farm in Ireland.

COURTESY OF THE BLOODHORSE.COM
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2007, 4:42 pm

You aren't kidding - he owns everything it seems!

Garrett was up there last fall and I swear I would have given my right arm to live in one of those stalls! I like Vessles the best though (probably because their stud barn is set up the same way I've been invisioning mine since I was about 5)...
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2007, 9:39 pm

my guesses for this last race

Curlin
Rags to Riches-I would really like to see her win it though!!!
Hard Spun

last Imawildandcrazyguy
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2007, 1:05 pm

MY Picks for this race:
Since I'm a sucker for the girls:

1 - Rags To Riches
2 - Tiago
3 - Curlin

LAST - CP West

Just to change things up a bit...
Run little filly, run!!! cheering cheering cheering cheering
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2007, 6:47 pm

DANG IT!!! I KNEW I shoulda Bet my usual Trifecta Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
cheering cheering cheering cheering cheering
riding riding riding riding riding riding riding
kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty

yeah yeah yeah

Rags To Riches has my vote again any day!!!!!!!
First time a filly has won since 1905!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: SHE'S JUST SPECTACULAR, STUPENDOUS, & SCINTILLATING   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2007, 7:38 pm

sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

I knew she could do it and is now in prime contention for Horse of the Year................This makes up for Street Sense's loss in the Preakness. Curlin gave his all and it was a helluva finish. I only hope they don't retire her too soon. Her pedigree didn't lie and now her Momma is Broodmare of the Year, at least in my book. What if Street Sense had won the Preakness and had been in this race and she beat him also Question Question

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation GOOOOOOOOOO BABY GIRL Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

race race race race race

yeah yeah yeah
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 1:14 am

that is one gutsy filly from the start to finish she was a champion! She had a look like I dare you to challenge me and Curlin would try and she would just laugh and stretch a little more...
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: GREAT VIDEO OF THE RACE HERE   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2007, 7:29 pm

wouldn't it be a kick if the next triple crown winner was a filly there are probably more out there Laughing just got to find them! The cutter love the girlies!!!!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: RAGS TO RICHES   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 2:57 pm

I AGREE LYNN, SHE JUST GAVE CURLIN DOWN THE ROAD, LAUGHING ALL THE WAY. I WONDER WHY THERE ISN'T A TRIPLE CROWN JUST FOR FILLIES scratch

EVEN THOUGH IT'S GREAT TO THINK A FILLY COULD WIN THE TRIPLE CROWN, SHE WOULD HAVE TO BE REALLY SPECIAL, BUT WE'LL NEVER KNOW IF RAGS COULD HAVE DONE IT. I THINK SHE'LL BE HORSE OF THE YEAR IF SHE STAYS HEALTHY, CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND TOES.

sunny Very Happy sunny Very Happy sunny Very Happy sunny Very Happy sunny Very Happy sunny Very Happy sunny

WE CERTAINLY HAD AN ALL GIRL WEEKEND WITH RAGS, ROSIE AND HEARTSWIDEOPEN !!!!!
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 4:41 pm

haha I saw those two come together in the stretch and thought 'they should breed them' haha that would be a heck of a baby!

I thought Curlin was impressive he battled back and had a much harder trip and that was really the first time he had to come from behind and split horses just to make the lead. Usually he is already in gear starting to pull away at the head of the stretch!

I'll still wear my curlin hat with pride!

www.horsehats.com
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 4:55 pm

Congrats Justin!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to give you your prize at some point! Did you bet on it?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Triple Crown Contest   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 5:26 pm

Hey Justin: Great picks for the tri, $2 ticket paid $131.50. Just for kicks Kidd, who had the most points over all three races? GO JUSTIN cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 11th 2007, 10:42 pm

No, I didn't even get to watch it live, I had to watch the replay cause we
were getting the horses cleaned up to run that day.

Thanks a lot Kidd, but I don't need a prize. Haha, I didn't even follow the
rules about picking the last horse, so I'm disqualified!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2007, 9:30 am

Picking the Last horse is only used for a tie breaker - you swept this one!!!

Smokey - the final results are really amusing! There were only THREE of us that guessed in every race:
Lynn M.:
- Street Sense, Scat Daddy, Curlin
- Hard Spun, King of the Roxy, Street Sense
- Curlin, Rags To Riches, Hard Spun
---She guessed 2 of the top 3 in every race but not in the right orders and she guessed the last place finisher giving her a total of 14 points.
Kidd:
- Nobiz Like Showbiz, Scat Daddy, Storm In May (I was WAY off)
- Hard Spun, Street Sense, Circular Quay
- Rags to Riches, Tiago, Curlin
---I guessed the correct 3 in the Belmont and got 1 right and 1 in the top 3 in the Preakness giving me a total of 12 points.
Smokey:
- Street Sense, Scat Daddy, Hard Spun
- Street Sense, Hard Spun, Curlin
- Rags to Riches, Slews Tizzy, Curlin
---Guessed the correct 3 in the Preakness, 2 correct in the Derby, and 2 correct in the Belmont giving you a total of 14 points.

I think the point system should have been set up differently, oh well, live and learn...Its interesting to see the progression of bets...
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2007, 12:50 pm

Isn't that a giggle most of my horses aren't even 14'2 but Ive always loved racing we used to own a granddaughter of Easy Jet with a AAA speed index wish I hadnt sold her she was amazing Id raise running babies for you all to run and play with for me Ill have to see if I can remember her registered name.... she was a heck of a producer too... she should have been bred to great horses but didn't get the chance to really do herself justice now she is like 25 I think her name was like Rifts Stripe??? now Im going to go look her up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triple Crown   Triple Crown - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Triple Crown
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next