Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Slowride, performance halter...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Slowride, performance halter... Empty
PostSubject: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 12:19 pm

What's your take on it? Will you be going in there?

What is your group saying about it, etc.?
Back to top Go down
CantJog

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 6:18 pm

I go back and forth on the class between whether or not I like it confused

Looking at the bigger circuits, much of the halter classes were composed of performance horses going for the All Around. This was great for many halter horses, and the well built riders to pick up points. BUT with the seperation of Perf and Reg Halter, only the top halter horses have a chance at the bigger points thru Grand and Reserve. That has potential to decrease the amount of points one can earn for Honor Roll, WS Qualifying, etc.

On the other hand.... this in combination with AQHA's ruling about showing halter to win a circuit award, has "potential" to increase the value of the IF per point pay out. This might be a far fetched though, but only time will tell?

From the breeder's point of view, it is nice to see where a stallion has PH points. Pictures can be doctored, but earning points against your peers, speaks volumes!

With all of that being said, LOL! You will see Snoopy in both the Am and Open PH classes. Likewise, many that I know will be showing! It'll be VERY interesting to see who wins the World titles this year!!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 8:20 pm

I'm like you, I haven't quite decided if I'm going to like it or not. I totally understand it, though, on the performance side of it - I'd be hollering too. Since I like showing colts, it's fixing to get real sticky, but I already knew that. I already knew if it isn't grand and reserve with the stud colts, you can forget about any points, unfortunately, and that was even before they added performance halter.

I think one thing that is good about it, is it forces some of these halter folks to pull some weight off, maybe get a couple of performance points on their halter horses and actually look like a halter horse, not some fattened calf looking thing, which I think in the end, is better for the horse.

I think you'll see a lot more N/N's doing better, etc. You'll have to tell me how the Regionals goes and let me know how your shows are shaping up in that area... I might have to come over there and show with you! HA!

Truthfully, I'll love it if I go grand or reserve and get tons of points, if I don't, then I won't like it... Jeesh....Very Happy Shocked
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2007, 11:08 pm

do you feel that they wanted the halter people to change there horses I was under the understanding that performance horse people were tired of filling the classes and getting beat by the halter horses now that they have there class the halter class should not change they have should have 2 sets of judgeing standards,they wanted 2 different classes ,so be it I personally don't mind performance halter at all there are a lot of horses that don't have ROM in anything so I guess the poor souls will be stuck with us ..I feel it will hurt the points but I also feel I should not be charged a drug testing fee on my horses unless Im being tested ,I being charged for something Im not getting just how much money did they make off this drug testing fee last year I know I paid my share and never got tested and don't really care if they do, but when they pull you out for a drug test then charge you seems only fair to me .arent show expenses high enough ????? office fees ,trailering fees ,drug fees ? There was a article in my news letter AQHA showing and membership is down wonder why hows come no one ever complains about me taking my halter horse in a showmanship class to make that 20th horse and making a total a** out of our selves ,but they always seem to complian about the halter numbers don't get it never will ..all right already IM DONE SORRY !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 8:32 am

Loveto, I think it's both things; to change our halter horses, and to give the performance people more of a chance.

I agree with you on the drug charges; and truthfully, I've never seen anybody being tested yet! I just wish they'd start doing the top two in the class and grand and reserve - some of this mess would stop on the drugging. I know I read something on line that where the most horses were tested were in Missouri, which I thought was very odd; and the least was in California. Makes ya kind of wonder on that.

I don't mind going into showmanship, but I'm not going in there with a stud or a colt... huh-uh, just flat not going to do it.

On halter, I think if the show offers roping and reining, if those people get up early enough, I think we're fixing to see a lot more of those type horses in performance halter, and some of 'em will get grand and reserve.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2007, 8:57 pm

I don't begrudge those performance halter horses a class under no means I would not want to show my performance horse with a halter horse class but lets face it some people do not have rom on there horses and they will probally still show a halter class and I appreciate them being there and have thanked them at our shows I have showmanship people coming up to the halter people and asking if we have enough to make a class ,9 instead of 10 or 19 instead of 20 and there already dressed for showmanship so they show halter which is great we have done it for the showmanship people thats how it should be sharing and helping one another out and getting some points I feel my horse is a good example and I like my body style he not fat hes fit and I know some are not I guess I don't want my halter horses to look like a rider not that there is nothing with riders PLEASE LETS NOT GO THERE..... I just want to be able to look at them and know there halter horses and when your standing at a show pen you can tell which is which and I don't want that to change especially now that they have a performance class ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slowride, performance halter...   Slowride, performance halter... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slowride, performance halter...
Page 1 of 1