Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue x2

Go down 
+8
7cedars
Merikle Waters
QHorse163
stockman
Cindy
standbytrucker
Kidd Kuhlmann
Lynn M.
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 10:46 pm

and like I said I do have the advantage of being able to look at these little ones every day, see them grow and see them move not just have to rely on their pics... I also have the advantage of having ridden their parents and even some of their siblings... I will say what I do like about this colt is his hip which his sire puts on all his colts and he has a nice shoulder he also seems to have a good mind so far for a few days old he doesn't seem to mind people too much and is open to being handled which I like...
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 11:21 pm

Its so much fun when they have the parts you want :D

I like big butts myself :lol:

I love watching the little ones grow! He is definately something to be PROUD of!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 12:43 am

Oh, I agree on the bloodline part. Especially when you start talking cutters and reiners - you'd best have something in there. But I don't know, this little guy really struck my fancy. As I've told Lynn, I can actually see him doing something and something big.

Tell ya a funny. Larry came over to pick up two of his mares yesterday, and he gets a set of papers out and says, Sheila, whatcha think of this guy. I'm looking at the papers, grandson of Sierra Te on the top, grandson of Obvious Conclusion on the bottom, course I'm looking for HYPP status, also, which he hasn't been tested, but he's a yearling. I look at Larry and ask him how tall he is, etc. I'll be running over this next week to look at him - he's definitely got Sierra Te's color, as I've seen him from a distance, but didn't really "see" him, going 55 miles an hour. But I'm seeing a youth halter horse. Course, you guys know how I feel about Sierra Te - in my opinion, he stands along side Skipa Star, one of the all time greats.

Larry does straight roping, period. Next year, the little guy will go into training, and by his 3-year old year, he'll be in to roping. But I think but for one of his roping horses, all of them have Impressive in them somewhere on their papers. And that particular horse looks a HUS deluxe, and is a roping fool from what Larry says.

Some horses have a look that sets them apart from their half siblings. With Cool's babies, her babies are absolutely stop and stare ones; Red's colt, on the other hand isn't stud material, he'll make a nice gelding - a super nice gelding. But still, he's not got that HEY, LOOK AT ME look. The filly out of Larry's paly mare is a definite, HEY LOOK AT ME... typical Calico Sonny - if she just didn't have those danged white spots ... GAWD!

If I went by papers alone, I would've never bought Jazz. I saw Jazz as something to show a bit this year, put some points on her, and throw her in the broodmare band. That's what I bought her for was to cross on Kid. I want the babies!

Pure and simple, I think Lynn's got a heck of a bunch of fantastic babies on the ground this year, and I sure hope she has a big pocketbook so we can all see what becomes of them... we might have to start up a kitty for her for when they all go into training...I'll danged sure donate for this little guy! Lynn, do me a favor... when this little guy turns 30 days old, shoot us a picture when he's out in the field... I just like this little tooter.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 9:44 am

lol! lol! I have a girl friend who has a saying that her horse's butt has to be bigger then hers... affraid

I know when my babies are born and as weanlings if they will halter.. Now if I did not feed them or train them to do that it wouldn't happen. Blood lines play a big role in this.. Everybody gets worked up over Impressive and most do not know that he produced many and possibly more point earning riding horses then halter. study

And, I agree with most of what has been posted here. Everyone makes a good point on the subject. Some you can tell and others you can't. Blood lines, confirmation (most halter horses have TERRIBLE confirmation), training and mind. Some horses just cannot do what they were bred to do and other sneek up on you and WOW you with what they can do.. Cool

Personally after all these years of hores the best horse is the one you can rely on and just get on and take a nice ride through the country. Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
B2

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:08 am

Some good posts and some that just didn't make much sense in light of what the original question was.

I will agree on most of what was said, the rest well it made for good reading Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 9th 2007, 10:30 am

Tara... That is what makes this a fun place to be. Some subjects provoke other thoughts.. I enjoy reading the other thoughts and I am glad we are not governed to stick to the subject or say nothing.. Some of the things that come up on a thread make me smile and laugh out loud sometimes.. Laughing

And, you are right about the posts on the subject and the interesting reading.. Keeps it intersting and intertaining.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 9:57 am

Bluejay I like your Sig pic. That flashy Tail!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 11:10 am

I got it on one of the free gif on the internet.. She is kinda cute... I like yours very much too.. The smiley is kind of big and bright.. affraid Might need to change that.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 2:01 pm

I hope will have to wait and see he is very little and pretty premature so I am going to wait and see with him and give him a chance to show me what he has.

Dont worry about it this was my Premature colt.

Blue x2 - Page 2 Riderforsalesm He was 2 1/2 weeks early.
I was worried about it too. But he made up for lost time. Dancing

Laughing But I did have to cut his mane! Just kidding. Laughing

Oh and my Palomino Colt was early this year, Same Dam. Her first two weren't that way. On time to the day. Hummmm. Hope this isnt going to be her thing. I know there is a condition that causes it, I just can't remember the name. So my vet says we will have to see what happens next year.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 4:19 pm

Triple J thanks for posting that pic he sure is pretty... never had one born this early before make me pretty nervous with worry all the time but he seems so normal moves well eats well is fat and sassy I swear if he sneezes I freak out Im going to drive my husband and vet crazy until he is a couple of weeks old I am sure. affraid Mare always foaled right on time before and I was there at conception so I know breeding dates. Someone needs to write me a perscription to calm me down or they are going to banish me to the barn for good. lol!
Back to top Go down
B1

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 4:25 pm

There have been a lot of early babies this year.... I have to wonder if it's not the weird weather. My last one was 15 days early..... and this mare never even foals on time, let alone EARLY.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 10:14 pm

Natasha wrote:
There have been a lot of early babies this year.... I
have to wonder if it's not the weird weather. My last one was 15 days
early..... and this mare never even foals on time, let alone
EARLY.

Not my mare! I am STILL waiting!!! Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 10:19 pm

Could be the strange weather Question My girls always foal early.. But, everyone is having the strangest weather I have ever seen.. And, I been around a long time. Noce thing about the forum is you get to hear about it from all over. Basketball

I have lived in Oregon all my life.. It has been 70 outside one day and snowing the next. This never happens this time of year. Rain is about all we ever get.. I think the animals are a little confused about all this. I know I am .. scratch
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 10:25 pm

It's wierd. One day it's nice and toasty THEN wham! Outta no-where a freezing cold blast! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 7:53 am

I'm surprised we're not having a whole bunch of mares going transitional with this danged weather. When you breed 13 days on a foal heat - something's definitely wrong, ya know! So far, though, she's the only one that's getting funky on me...

This last weekend, had my ear muffs on, covered up from head to toe, yesterday afternoon, had all the doors and windows open!

I know if you feed a lot of alfalfa to these mares, it'll make them come early. Did a test run after a friend told me what he'd been doing... straight alfalfa, all they could eat during the summer, no grain till like 3 weeks before, and every danged last one of 'em came at least 2-3 weeks early. I can't afford that anymore, though, not with alfalfa being $12 a bale! Criminey!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 9:10 am

Hrmm...

Our maiden mare went 360 days this year and didn't come into foal heat for 14 days...talk about you off!!! She STILL isn't bred back...

We have a 4yo mare that we shipped out to CA and she was under lights starting 12/1...she was checked in foal last week but didn't take on the first breeding.

My fun little mare (Itsy) we didn't get under lights until 12/15 (I know its late) and she came in Feb 7 which was too early to breed on for me (no shipped semen until 3/15) anyway so we waited...took her to the vet on 3/3 got her checked, bred on 3/8 and she ovulated by 3/9, we check for a heartbeat this week...so she has been pretty good to us thus far...

LAST year we had ALL KINDS of problems...
Hehe - actually the ONLY one that was with the program LAST year went on strike this year...
Mares are just flat out difficult no matter how you look at it!!!
Heh - which is prally why I love my girls so much!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
B2

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 9:20 am

Well the last 2 years have been bad breeding years for most everyone I know and this goes from one end of the country to the other. Very few people had early babies this year and next year I know of a whole bunch of babies who will be later then they were this year.

My mare was a bear and I had been messing with getting her to cycle since the middle of January. Finally got a good cycle and bred her the 29th and 30th of March. Hopefully she took I will find out next week.

Everyone is blaming it on this weird weather, I know one guy who is a reproductive genius who has had a bad year himself with mares having follicles build regress, transitional etc etc.

I didn't want to breed my mare this late but after talking to people such as him and others I don't feel so alone LOL
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Transitional Heat.   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 9:37 am

I'm surprised we're not having a whole bunch of mares going transitional with this danged weather. When you breed 13 days on a foal heat - something's definitely wrong, ya know! So far, though, she's the only one that's getting funky on me...

Just stopped on breeding a maiden mare, Bred her 7 times every other day, and she was still in heat. So I stopped. It was bad when the stallion came out and was like her again! So I will short cycle her after she teases out, and try again.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 11:06 am

I told Larry he needs to get that mare checked at 2 weeks, just to see if we're going to have to start that mess all over again... GAWD!
Back to top Go down
B1

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 11:15 am

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
[i] Just stopped on breeding a maiden mare, Bred her 7 times every other day, and she was still in heat. So I stopped. It was bad when the stallion came out and was like her again! So I will short cycle her after she teases out, and try again.

You might want to have her ultrasounded.... my mare was inseminated a week ago, and confirmed ovulated... she's still running around acting like she's in heat. The mare I had vet checked in foal yesterday did the same thing 2 weeks ago when she was bred.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 11:59 am

Already had the vet out he confirmed what I thought.
Back to top Go down
B1

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:13 pm

how big did he estimate her folicle?
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:28 pm

Palpation was done. Like I said will short cycle her and try again.
Back to top Go down
B1

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:00 pm

Wow... my vet always ultrasounds so we know exactly what we've got. It's been such a crazy year with the mares being transitional and everything. Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:24 pm

I can't really talk of how my mares are breeding back, because I always breed on the heat after the foal heat... However, My one mare who is ALWAYS a couple days early..... went late this year....

GAWD! I hope my AQHA mare doesn't do that... she went over 12 months last year! eeek..... I hope she goes right on time....

My TB mare is already overdue.... but with the worries I had for her, I am ok with that. Some how I don't think I would be so lucky to have two sets of twins in two years, and have both of the mares carry them over due..... scratch

I will be breeding Merikle (Dam of my pally filly) back again either next month or the month after.... Our springs have been really cold, and I dont like having to lock up my baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue x2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue x2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next