Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue x2

Go down 
+8
7cedars
Merikle Waters
QHorse163
stockman
Cindy
standbytrucker
Kidd Kuhlmann
Lynn M.
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 12:34 pm

2nd boy 3 weeks early in 2 days this ones a Peppy boy went to feed momma this morning and came face to face with this cute little bugger... Suprise Suprise... All Done For Me!!!!
Blue x2 Chicfoal

Blue x2 Chicfoal2

Last edited by on April 5th 2007, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 12:48 pm

CONGRATS!!!

They just wanted their boys to be the same age for ya! You have such considerate mares Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 4:09 pm

ok ok. just put him on the trailer with sophie. and gunner. and tessa. cause i know you wont let me have Ally.or the other little colt. Razz Razz Razz

what are we going to call this little guy? and the other one???
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 5:04 pm

WOW! Lots of babies on the ground! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 5:05 pm

Wow, that was an easy one for you!! So nice when they do everything for you!! He's awfully cute and I'm sure you are relieved to be "off-duty" although I guess the work doesn't get any easier, at least the waiting is over!!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 5:38 pm

Aww! He has such a sweet face! Congratulations! Smile I'm very jealous of all your cute babies! haha.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 9:15 pm

Congrats Lynn!! wow he sure looks like a big boy! what you gonna call him?

LOL 2 fillies, and how many colts? lol
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 5th 2007, 9:41 pm

kind of nice for a change I have Gunner who is kind of spoken for to a paint breeder looking for his next stud... my Rooster colt (staying for a while) and then the Peppy stud colt which is great because I never have Peppy colts and everyone around here is always asking for Peppy geldings yeah!!!!! and 2 very nice Smart Little Lena granddaughters... first time in a long time Ive actually gotten more boys than girls yeah!!!! So HAPPY!!! IM DONE... Now on to halter breaking No
edited to add- Registered name is HC Chics Lil Suprise... LOL and the other boy Im waiting for my sister to translate so I don't say anything too naughty his will be One Hot Rooster (in spanish)- if you know what I mean where that could go as far as naughty Wink
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 8:44 am

Congrats, Lynn! Boy, he has the look. First time I saw his picture and I thought... now that right there looks to be a cutting fool!
Back to top Go down
B2

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 11:13 am

What a little cutie, congrats

&cedars I admittedly know nothing about cutting horses, what makes you say the minute you saw his picture you say he looks like a cutting fool? Is there something he has already that is a cutting horse type thing? I only know halter horses and even at birth I wait till they are at least 3 months old before I really think they *might* have something to work with.
Back to top Go down
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 11:35 am

aww how cute he's absolutely adorable! we'll have about 4 foals sometime this month =P two big 'uns and two minis Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 10:17 pm

Tara-I think she is probably seeing the compact size there and thinking of cutting (doesn't hurt she knows what most of my horses are bred for so that is kind of cheating HAHA) I know when I look at him I see a calf roping horse but then again I know momma and daddy and what they are both really good at and what they have produced in the past so I have an edge... lol! momma is a decent reiner so really he could probably do anything his sis is going to be a reiner hopefully!!!!
She is in standby's sig pictured at about 10 or 11 months old if anybody is interested....
Back to top Go down
B2

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 10:23 pm

Ahh that makes sense, as I said I know nothing about cutting horses other then they look cool as heck to ride.

Which one are you keeping if this one is for sale? They are all so cute and smoochable. I still have foal envy as my sisters foal will be leaving this coming week and I have no fuzzy foal to play with at the moment. I am crossing my fingers that my mare is bred though for next year!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 10:28 pm

The paint boy is going, this boy, and maybe I hate to say it one of my fillies may have to go.... then this colts momma will be sold she is kid safe and really nice but trying to thin out the herd some... my yearling gelding by Peppy will be sold but we are waiting until after his sister enters the show pen I think it will really increase his value she is pretty awsome and then my grey mare 7 yr old Achieva daughter... maybe then I can actually get something accomplished with the other critters.... sometimes there is just too much it is overwhelming to even consider doing anything between the stalls and halter breaking it is crazy....
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 6th 2007, 10:30 pm

I plan to keep my Smart Mate daughter and my grandson of Rooster/CD O'Lena for sure to see if he will make a stud prospect he really wants to be one but he will definately have to earn it....
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2007, 4:20 pm

Oh she WILL be a reiner Lynn. I had a dream last night I was doing freestyle with her. So Sophie has no choice.
Razz Razz Razz
you gotta think big with me. cause thats how i do things.

can't wait to come see her soon!!!! i miss her and I've yet to meet her!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 7th 2007, 5:24 pm

Cut away little dude! Cute Cute! Good on his legs, short back, Looks like a nice little package!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 11:13 am

Knowing your lines and knowing horses like 7C does give you the edge.. No, thats not cheating. It's just good horse sense.. I can tell if one will halter or pleasure.. I have no working bred horses. But, can see if they may go that direction after they get a little older.. Suspect

This is what is fun about the forum. You can learn a lot from the different lines we all have.. scratch study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
B1

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 3:07 pm

Bloodlines are nothing more than a guideline to what a horse SHOULD do well.... I think we all know that they don't always turn out like they blood indicates they should. I sold a halter bred horse last fall that couldn't get a halter point to save her life (although she was 3rd at the MI Breeders Futurity as a weanling) but she's headed to the 07 World Show in Jr Western Pleasure. I doubt anyone looked at her as a suckling/weanling and would have guessed THAT would happen.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 8:40 pm

Real easy to tell when you're around those types of horses all the time. Course I don't know if our modern day halter horses can cut a cow, but I'd be willing to pay money to see that... Very Happy

Go to any racing facility, and I'm sure Kidd can explain it better than I can... you hunt for the alpha mare, and you zero in on her baby first - he/she will be the one that intimidates the rest of them just because of where they fit in in the herd. Intimidation can win or lose a race.

Some are born with a look of their chosen profession, some aren't.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 9:03 pm

We have a short yearling right now that was bred and lives to run! We were talking about putting her in the TQHA sale at the end of July but decided today that she wasn't going in it because we were going to buy her back regardless.

She has more "run" in her than anything - its amazing!
We had a weanling colt too - he loved to run - but we didn't think he'd cut it. We knew from day one that he wasn't going to be a speed demon...He would probably be fast for about 200-250yds and that just isn't what we want (not enough races written that short) so we sold him. Yes, his pedigree helped...BUT they bought him as a halter horse (they may race him at some point but I doubt it)!!!

My TB mare that died last Oct was a race momma through and through - all of her babies WANT to run...they aren't the mean ones, they just LOVE their jobs and have more heart than anything!

I saw a baby about a month ago that I swear he doesn't kill himself or hurt himself seriously he is going to be a bigtime runner ($150k +)...he was just dang NICE!

I think race babies are the easiest to pick out...my cutters I had a little harder time with...

DANG - sorry this was so long!!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 9:29 pm

wow what a debate- but very interesting I have to agree and disagree some of the bloodlines I have seen this year in my colts are a very tell tale sign my Smart Mate filly is definately a cutter just watching her in her pen she screams cutter w/o a doubt will she be a world class 100,000.00 winner don't know but definately a good ammy horse she is really neat to watch and my Rooster colt is going to be amazing to watch in the Reining pen I have never seen such natural talent in a colt as far as ability to turn stop and spin you would have to see it to believe it in 3 years I hope to be able to show you all what I mean he is truly an amazing little horse and I think the bloodlines are there winners throughout but the foals are built to do it too. I am sure some Rooster colts can and some cant I hope this guy can and I hope this Smart Mate can too.... of course this cross is proven in the ring with money earners x3 so it isn't such a risky deal. This colt in this thread is a nice little compact sweet colt with hopefully tons of potential should be a nice little all around cow horse I hope will have to wait and see he is very little and pretty premature so I am going to wait and see with him and give him a chance to show me what he has.
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 10:06 pm

Wow! What a debate. I have to pipe in and add my little opinion here. lol!

I guess you can look at it this way. Everyone has different opinions
and while one person can look at a horse and make a logical guess at
its potential by bringing together it's bloodlines and background,
another may not see it all. That doesn't mean they are right or wrong.
That doesn't mean the horse will or will not amount to anything.

I think a good horse, with a good mind and the correct conformation for
the job at hand can excell in its said discipline with the correct
trainer despite if it has "good" bloodlines or not.

I've seen many "nobody" horses out perform the "bloodlines".

Of course money and being in the popular crowd always helps get you
those extra points with the judge over someone else, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
natmarie1122

natmarie1122

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2007-04-03

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 10:31 pm

I will have to agree that lines surely don't indicate exxactly what the horse will do... let me tell you! haha Soph is bred pleasure out her butt... but pleasure is not our forte... we have our good days and bad... but she's much more an English horse than a pleasure horse... once again this baby is absolutely adorable!! I'm sure he'll do good in whatever you decide to do with him!
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitimeApril 8th 2007, 10:44 pm

He is super adorable!!!! I'm sure he is just waiting to know exactly what you want him to do!

Bloodlines help get the horse you think you probably want on the ground - after that it is individual merit!

Just think about people - I have 5 siblings - we have the following professions:
1) Stay at home mom - formerly insurance manager
2) Venture capatalist with MBA from Dartmouth
3) Atty with MPH as well as JD
4) To the Peace Corps in July
5) In Russia for a while - finishes undergrad in May with 2 degrees and immediately starts masters program...
6) Me - the odd ball lol!

All the same genetics and yet all so different!!! Hehe...horses are the same way - I have a 2yo who has a 4yo sister - the 2yo is completely different! Both are runners but talk about different styles/maturity/everything!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blue x2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blue x2   Blue x2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue x2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next