Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

breeding opinions needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

breeding opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: breeding opinions needed   breeding opinions needed Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 9:57 am

Okay, I've decided I don't really want to do this foaling thing again. I'll stick with riding and let someone else do the breeding. I am a perfectionist and if I can't do something 100% right, I don't want to do it. However, I am going to breed my mare back and price her with her foal at side as a 3-in-1 deal. I was going to breed her back to Mr Jesse Blackburn--a grulla 99% foundation stud who was IBHA's hi point dun factor stallion of 2006, but I'm thinking that since her current foal is barrel bred (Frenchman's Guy) that I should breed her to a performance horse so that both babies will appeal to the buyer. I have the opportunity to breed her to a palomino grandson of Hollywood Dunit. His name is Goldmine Dun It. Goldmine is a son of Dun It With A Twist who is also a big time money earner and is currently standing at McQuay Stables. I think this would make my girl more marketable. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: breeding opinions needed   breeding opinions needed Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 1:45 pm

I think that is a much better choice!
Your mare is really pretty and has nice color so breeding for color isn't necessary and I would get away from just breeding foundation and go for something with good performance and proven winning lines something that will make her stand out. The first stallion is nice Ive seen him but I think you can definately do better by her I would love to see a pic of the new stallion you are interested in.

Last edited by on April 4th 2007, 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: breeding opinions needed   breeding opinions needed Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 4:26 pm

I too think is a better choice. That way you can market to the purchaser a little better, with 2 foals (one in utero) and one on the ground that are performance bred.

From the sounds of it, the stud would be a good cross on your mare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: breeding opinions needed   breeding opinions needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

breeding opinions needed
Page 1 of 1