Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, I guess it's about that time

Go down 
+2
LovingLoping
7cedars
6 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Well, I guess it's about that time Empty
PostSubject: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 10:01 pm

It was pretty nippy today, not even close, though, to what some of you are dealing with, but I think on Monday, I'm going to start the two to the golfcart. They've been out everyday, so long as the weather is okay, for at least 4 hours a day. Usually all day.

Scamp's shooting up like a weed, I can see he's already getting kind of stretchy like his sister did. ARGH! Then poof, she was all there. If you know what I'm talking about. I've definitely figured out when to show this particular line.

Last time I had Jazz on the golfcart, we had to stop, go to the round pen for some danged manners and not try to run on top of the golfcart. I'm sure she'll be better now that she's really settled in. I know one thing, that heifer is seriously out of shape! But we'll take care of that soon enough.

Probably won't start the sweating till the weather gets a little warmer - that kind of scares me with the sweating and then the cold air, etc.

Hoping to hit shows oh, maybe April, mid or late. If not, then there's always May. Once football games starts, though, that'll be it for me. Both boys will be on VARSITY! GO EAGLES! cheers Might try to hit some shows on Sundays during football, but that's all I'll be able to do.

So when are ya'll planning on bringing 'em out?
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2007, 11:17 pm

Well, I don't have any halter babies (I WISH though, haha) but my first show for this year is tomorrow. Hauled in tonight, bathed my horse in 50 degree weather at the barn and boy was he being a baby! Nine years old and the big fatty was *shaking* because he was cold! Sheesh:roll: I borrowed my barn owner's cooler sheet and he warmed right up, but sometimes you just gotta roll your eyes at 'em.
Hoping the show goes well tomorrow; it's his first time being shown at the WP lope, and my first time riding one handed, so lets all pray he'll set his head:oops: But it'll be a long day: QH halter, Jr. Exhibitor halter, Showmanship, then a loooong break till four western pleasure classes and horsemanship, just for the heck of it!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 10:31 am

Lovinloping, well, it's kind of late, but I wish you tons of luck! I hope you do well, and the horsey stars shine upon you today!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:31 pm

Thanks, we just got home. It was a loooong day. Out of our 8 classes, we got one fourth place, three second places, three third places and 5th place in the WP championship! It was a successful day, but Rudy and I are both wiped!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 8:55 pm

LovingLoping wrote:
Thanks, we just got home. It was a loooong day.
Out of our 8 classes, we got one fourth place, three second places,
three third places and 5th place in the WP championship! It was a
successful day, but Rudy and I are both wiped!

Sounds like you guys had fun. I wish I wouldn't have had so much to do
today. I would have loved to have went. I'll get to see you guys at
HLSR though! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 10:50 pm

Yeah, I realized we have a *lot* of work to do before HLSR, but I'm still super excited...it's RODEO time!
Are you planning on seeing any of the singers?
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 10th 2007, 10:58 pm

I'm not sure if I want to see anyone this year. They don't have as good a lineup as they usually do.

And, Shiela... I agree on the sweating. It's to darn cold. One day hot,
next day cold. I am going to give mine til the end of this month and
then I'll start shedding them out hard and clipping them like there's
no tomorrow! No more fro's! afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 10:27 am

Lovinloping, CONGRATS on your placings! Sounds like you did real well. I tell ya, I don't know how you guys show in that many classes, I'd be wiped out! HA!

Cindy, I've just had a nylon on Scamp, and he's shedding like crazy. The broodmares, the same. It's time to worm again, so I suspect in about three weeks, they'll really be shedding. I guess I'm going to have to try and work 'em at like noon, depending on the weather - kind of messes my schedule up, but hey, guess that's why we do it, huh!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 4:39 pm

Cindy-Yeah, last year I saw four of the entertainers, this year who knows. I'm a big Toby Keith fan, and have seen Gretchen Wilson twice, but yeah, I'm undecided. But Ron White's coming to Houston and my cousin and I are going:cheers:

7Cedars-Thanks, it was really exhausting. And at the next one of these open shows, we'll be adding in some HUS classes. My poor fat little western pony, lol. He does look pretty dang adorable in his *new* English saddle though.

Actually, this being "show talk", I have two funny stories from yesterday.
1. I definitely went into my first halter class with my pants tucked into my boots, and didn't realize until after. Ahhhh!Embarassed
2. My horse missed his right lead in two classes in a row. After one, tje judge said "I was going to use you, but he missed that lead. You need to work on it!" I was like "Yeah, believe me, I'm alllllll over it" So in our next class, when he nailed his correct lead, I was beaming at her, just to rub it in:D
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2007, 6:31 pm

HA! Sounds like you had a good time, though; haven't ever left my pants tucked in, but I can't tell you how many classes I've went in, with that danged rag still in my back pocket. One time I did realize it, and just stuffed it in the back of my pants... HA!

These open shows are so great to learn, to get more experience, and most of all, to get the horse experience. Sounds like you're having a blast, and learning as well - that's what it's all about! I think you did very well!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 3:35 am

Congrats to you and Rudy! I wanted to go to HLSR but didnt want to haul alone Crying or Very sad . I couldnt get any of my friends to go with me. I was lucky to get one to go to Ft Worth with me, and then she ended up not completing her classes cause she was mad at her horse.

How did you do in the halter class?

Back to top Go down
jools

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 4:05 am

bounce Hey..GREAT results alien You should be pleased clown HUS in the mix next time tongue you'll be whacked out Sleep I really admire you guys flower such STAMINA Basketball
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 9:57 am

There's not enough room in the barn/indoor/hay shed to work Phenom inside and it's too dang icey outside... so he gets "wild horse on the loose in the barn" playtime and that's about it tongue
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 10:21 am

Kell, you so need to take a video of that. I bet it's absolutely hilarious!
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 1:14 pm

Saturday he thought he was a flippin reiner! Rolling Eyes

Lord help me at the next show! No

I'll try and do a video, hopefully it won't be too dark:scratch:
Back to top Go down
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 1:39 pm

I don't care if it is or not, you just need to take one... I'll probably be falling out of my chair laughing so hard. Kid, GAWD, if he gets loose, me and him have a talk that usually ends up in one of cursing... I'll give you a guess which one! ha!
Back to top Go down
LovingLoping

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2007, 4:22 pm

Thanks everybody!
I think we got third outta three in my first halter class (TINY class, huh?) behind two very nice QH's, so no complaints. Then I got 2nd out of 8 in the next one, and I don't remember the third, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, I guess it's about that time   Well, I guess it's about that time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, I guess it's about that time
Page 1 of 1