Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER Empty
PostSubject: SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER   SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 12:38 pm

OK so i have a question. im going sunday to talk to a trainer to send abbi to. im wondering how long i should send her off? i know 100% i can send her for 60 days. And i might be able to do 90 but thats the max right now. then in the spring ill probably send her back for anothe 90. whats the average that some send their horse off for training?
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER   SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 2:13 pm

it all depends on what you are wanting to accomplish with her and what you have already done with her... for example my colts are all sent to a trainer any more (I used to start all my own now Im too old and fragile to be tossed off lol) so I do all the ground work including ground driving etc... to the point of getting on them and I have an excellent relationship with my trainer and he knows he can just step on them when he gets them so he knows there isn't a lot of work for him to do other than stepping on so he gets them for 60days in the fall then they get turned out for the winter to think about what they learned, let them mature a bit and then they are ready for hard work in the spring which includes more of the finer points of training this is where you will have more advanced training depending on how you want your horse trained
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER   SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 8:54 pm

Good idea on getting the ground work done at home first. This will save you time and money. This is exactly what we used to do. Ground work at home, out for 60 days then home and out to rest for a few months at least. Later back in training.. We did this with just a riding horse that may possibley go down the rail later. This was also for the younger horse. riding

Does depend on what you want to do in the end and may need to choose another trainer to finish. Lot's of trainers can start a horse.. Finishing is a whole different ball game..
Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER   SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SENDING OFF TO A TRAINER
Page 1 of 1