Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stallion Choices....

Go down 
+7
Lynn M.
Triple J Quarter Horses
Mare
Ragdoll
shazgeoff
Bluejay
Kidd Kuhlmann
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Stallion Choices.... Empty
PostSubject: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 8:42 pm

Sooo Who is everyone breeding to this year?

We're breeding to the following:
F-I-L's Chicks Beduino mare is going to Fishers Dash

F-I-L's Separatist mare to Tres Seis

F-I-L's Sixarun mare to Hawkish

MY Sixarun mare is going to... Mr Eye Opener

Woohoo!!!!

Dunno who one of our clients is breeding to...we shall see... ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2009, 10:16 pm

Um, I will breed a few paint mares to my stallion.. Maybe just one scratch Life in general right now is so touch and go finacially. And, with the market the way it is... HUM.. Maybe none of us or the rest of the world should breed any mares.. No

Strange response don't you think coming from a breeder... scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 12:22 pm

Not putting any of mine in foal this year. Market is so bad and i dont want unwanted foals on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 1:30 pm

Can't give away good registered horses here. Don't know anyone breeding.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 2:52 pm

I still havent decided on if I'm breeding or not. I didnt have any for this year bred.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 8:24 pm

Geeze - sorry guys pale ....here with our race babies we are hurting, but the better bloodlines are still bringing money...

We're breeding to really nice stallions...the advertised prices are: $4000, $5000, $6000, and $7000...so we're breeding for some of the better foals and we've got the mares to do it with (we think....based off of sale prices, conformation, performance, etc...).

So we'll see...I will say that it doesn't look like I'll be breeding my Dashing Val mare even though she is a stakes finalist - she is nice, I'm just not sure how marketable a baby out of her would be...If I do breed her I will probably either take her to a double registered paint race horse or to a race bred barrel horse....thus enhancing her foal's marketability...

I'm breeding for a market in 2 years since the foals won't arrive until 2010 and they won't be yearlings until 2011....We sell ours as yearlings.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 10:46 pm

It's really tough right now. I just don't know what the hell to do.... Sad Go forward or hold back.. scratch What ever I do I would only breed to my stud.. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 18th 2009, 11:16 pm

Breeding One mare, to https://2img.net/h/i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/jtp01234/Good_To_Know_2_001_247183945_std.jpg

Then I m hoping this foal will be my pleasure horses replacement.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 1:06 am

I agree with Kidd the really good stuff will continue to sell maybe not quite as high but will continue to bring good money. I haven't decided on my plan for 2009 I have the mare power and have a couple of older mares that I would like to breed just for replacement value as they are getting up there in age and I would like to have their daughters around in the future but I will continue to thin out the herd here and will be breeding some of my mares with the thought of sale $ in mind, it is a never ending process and I think this is a year I will definately not be breeding very many. I don't mind having Peppy babies around a couple of years as his colts sell well as broke rope/ranch horses and in 3-4 yrs I think things will definatly be different I just don't want to be sitting on a whole bunch of horses for sale. I never seem to have a problem selling broke horses and right now am wondering what I am going to do for horses for the family lol... I have 2 older mares that are kid safe, 1 broke show horse and 1 young mare that is started other than studly. I know Ty is chomping at the bit to start riding...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 19th 2009, 10:08 pm

I think it really has nothing to do with "the good stuff".. No That is only a matter of opinion. We all have one of those.. lol! Thank God.. cheers

Some of the best in the world are loosing money. With that said, I mean it's more about what a horse will do and the breed.. How much money you have to play the game.. Who you know... The only horses that are brigging in the $$$$ are the ones that are ready to go.. They do not get that way on their own. Those people are investing a TON of money and playing political game to get there.. study

The top breeder in your kind of horse Lynn is Carol Rose.. Did you know that she breeds hundreds of mares.. Only keeps a couple of the foals she thinks are worthy and takes the rest to auction as grade horses? UM.. What is wrong with this picture? scratch Some of the top halter horses have off spring in rescue and they are giving them away as well. At least they had the balls to paper them. I am talking about stallions that brought over a million just for themselves. affraid

Foals are a long time getting there.. Even in the race horses.. If you are happy with a little money for your stock then I guess that's OK for you.. If I can't make money on mine it's not worth the time and money to get there.. bom Other wise you are just a hobby ranch.. We did not get in this for a hobby.. Would be OK to break even or pay for all of this. I used to get $6500.00 for a weanling.. That was a small profit on the horse.. Rolling Eyes

It's the same as if you want a puppy you should go to the shelters and adopt one.. Basketball

I just heard from a friend who is hell bent for rescue and wild horses.. She now has 68 of them.. I can't even imagine. She is one who really got on the ban wagon to stop the slaughter. Personally as much as I feel for all animals many are better off then to be starving and negelcted.. I will not be a part of that in any way, shape or form.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:56 am

Fortunately we are very blessed where we are located and with our market - we have an incredibly strong Mexico market and a match horse market...

Yes - there are weanlings/short yearlings that don't bring the stud fee - heck, we bought 2 this past weekend for a client....

That said...as long yearlings - when race horses are supposed to sell - they will probably bring a LOT more...they are two nice individuals...

I've done the math - we HAVE to breed to stallions that average at least 3x the stud fee... we also look at avg earnings/starter...

A BIG difference w/ race horses is they 'can' earn $$$ and lots of it...most of them don't - but there are those that do - and fortunately we have mares that are strong enough for buyers to have faith in them...

It will definitely be interesting to see how the market goes...as it is though, I'm glad that we're in a position to breed to the stallions we're going to breed to...If I were trying to breed to one who averaged under $15k in yearling prices, I'd def be thinking twice...just because I know that average is probably going to fall some AND the cost of raising one is probably going to go up some...

I also know (as much as any person can) that we will be able to hold onto these foals until they are ready to sell as long yearlings...which is when they are most marketable...
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:09 pm

The issue of the wild horses and slaughter are a major thing here in Nevada. Horsemen have been screaming their heads off, and not being heard for over 20yrs!!!!!!! The mustangs are just grade horses. (actually, truth be known, many come from purebred stock released by/or escaped from ranchers) Instead of leaving a population on the range to reproduce, I, and thousands of other people want to know why they didn't simply give the stallions vasectomies????? Mustang populations would have fallen in just a couple of years!!!!!!! Instead, those horses were used so certain people could keep their phoney-baloney jobs....Just ware-house them. Until the gas prices went nuts, there was no shortage of people ready, willing, and able to adopt them. I adopted and trained 3 myself. All were just as easy, if not easier in one particilar case, to train as a ranch raised colt. All 3 of mine ended up kid-gentle. One didn't even trot!!!! She did a running walk!!!!!!

Another mistake was to stop the $125 adoption fee, and doing the auction. The mustang organizations didn't help. They have the World Show in Reno every June.....But other than that, they have to MAKE ME WANT TO OWN THAT MUSTANG!!!!! Just like the AQHA made the QH what it is in the world market. (you can still get a mustang for $125 if you go to Palomino Valley to pick it up)

I swear, some people are just plain stuck-on-stupid!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 12:59 pm

[quote]One didn't even trot!!!! She did a running walk!!!!!![quote]

Wow I must have missed the Gaited Mustangs, when we studied their history! Suspect
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 1:32 pm

Frenchman's Jazzy Guy

http://www.buyhorsesonly.com/search_result_detail.php?horse_ad_id=12886

My mare is leased out now and I'm getting her bred to him as payment for the lease. He's KyBIF and a pretty boy.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 1:33 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:
Breeding One mare, to https://2img.net/h/i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/jtp01234/Good_To_Know_2_001_247183945_std.jpg

Then I m hoping this foal will be my pleasure horses replacement.

What color is the mare? You always have yellow babies and I'm not sure this guy will give you a yellow baby. No
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 2:13 pm

She is sorrel with flaxen mane and tail. She pretty much produces what you breed her to. Remember this colt out of her

Stallion Choices.... Rider1

His sire is sorrel with a flaxen mane and tail. and alot of white too.. It will be interesting.. To see what she does this time.

So your going for the gold again! Good Luck. Ive never heard of him, where is he standing.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 3:20 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that colt. I forgot you ever got anything but yellow.

I'm not sure where they're standing him. THey're out of Tennessee, but they move him to KY for breeding season. She's in foal to him now for a May baby...came up open after the first breeding. I won't even be involved in the breeding. The lady that has her leased right now will be breeding her back and I'll get her back when she weans this year's foal. They aren't hauling her. They're shipping semen because she's breeding several mares to him.

I'm hoping to get the mare sold before next winter anyway. I don't want anymore babies or mares.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 3:22 pm

HEre's a few of his '08 babies from his webpage. They look pretty nice.

http://clendeninfarms.com/2008babies.html
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 3:37 pm

Just remember she has to be bred in Kentucky... Does this person live in Kentucky?
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 3:39 pm

Yep, it's Tonea, the person who has Cletus boarded right now. She is in Philpot, Ky. She'll also foal out there. She works with Dr Wills on her KY bred mares/babies.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 5:47 pm

denibun wrote:
HEre's a few of his '08 babies from his webpage. They look pretty nice.

http://clendeninfarms.com/2008babies.html

Oohh I like Carter and Susie! They are nice little ones. Seems he threw some pretty color last year.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 5:51 pm

Kidd Kuhlmann wrote:
Sooo Who is everyone breeding to this year?

We're breeding to the following:
F-I-L's Chicks Beduino mare is going to Fishers Dash

F-I-L's Separatist mare to Tres Seis

F-I-L's Sixarun mare to Hawkish

MY Sixarun mare is going to... Mr Eye Opener

Woohoo!!!!

Dunno who one of our clients is breeding to...we shall see... ...

I am struggling with the idea of breeding Vegas to Mecom Blue. He has everything I like. When hes working hes not loud. I like a quiet horse when Im sorting/penning, I dont want a horse whose presence effects the cows in a bad way.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 6:00 pm

Love those babies! It makes my year! Id raise one a year just to sell even if all I get back is double my stud fee... Now when I have grandchildren to fill my empty nest, then I might feel differant until then, Im in love with those big brown eyes!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 6:02 pm

Denibum, see that roan patch on his neck, That is why Im hopeful. it started about the size of a quarter! Hes like a yearling in the picture. It grew. I sold him, for a good price. I think.
Back to top Go down
denibun

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2009, 6:18 pm

i hope I get one that looks just like Susie...if I still have her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stallion Choices....   Stallion Choices.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stallion Choices....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next