Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Picking my Stallion for next year.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Picking my Stallion for next year. Empty
PostSubject: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 12:03 pm

the third horse looks funny in the back end in his pics ie: he is spread and then tight (I think he is base narrow but cant really tell for sure) but it is weird that the 1st and 3nd horse have no side or hip shots??? for that alone I would choose the 2nd horse plus I think he is one well put together son of a gun. Wondering why he doesn't have any show record or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 10:35 pm

What color is your mare? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 10:45 pm

I have seen this horse in person and he is AWESOME... He is HUGE and wins in halter as well as he does in performance. If I was ever going to breed a pleasure horse this would be the sire.. lol! Just to give you something else to think about.. riding ily icecream

http://www.chocolua.com/
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 11:40 pm

MY mare is a sorrel with a flaxen mane and tail. Im looking for stallions standing in Kentucky, Still after the IF money.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 11:43 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
the third horse looks funny in the back end in his pics ie: he is spread and then tight (I think he is base narrow but cant really tell for sure) but it is weird that the 1st and 3nd horse have no side or hip shots??? for that alone I would choose the 2nd horse plus I think he is one well put together son of a gun. Wondering why he doesn't have any show record or am I missing something?

OH, he does, 31 halter points and his ROM in Open Pleasure. BUt they have stopped riding him, and are pushing for his Sup. In halter. That is the strange part.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2008, 11:52 pm

he is definately a well rounded animal then and my personal opinion is he is hard to pick apart w/o seeing him in person worst I could say in maybe a little thick in the throat latch but that is being really tough on him and trying to find a fault, nice bone for his size and a little color to boot. I would love to see a video of him moving free out in pasture or in a round pen. Have they shown him in performance halter too?
I like BJ's horse for the HUS and hunters Ive heard about him has more body to him than alot you see these days sure is a nice looking animal. My fav HUS horse will always be Coats N Tails and that horse reminds me of him some.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 4:14 am

I personally agree with Lynn - its strange 1 + 3 have no side conformation shots.

However, I look at number 2, and there is a few things IMO that I don't like. He is downhill to quite a degree (IMO), and looks a little set out behind. There is also something that I don't like about his shoulder, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps its his chest? The angle of the shoulder is nice, just something I don't like.

In all honesty, if it were me choosing, I'd pick the one Bluejay posted. Only thing I don't like about him is he has more of a TB head, while I prefer the Qh head. Otherwise, he looks absolutely fantastic IMO.

again, just IMO. Free to take it or leave it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 11:02 am

If I was going to breed sorrel I would pick the first one. I think his roan pattern is much smoother and cleaner. You can alway ask for profile shots of them. cheers

The second one just looks fat to me and I see nothing there I like at all about him.. No

The black one is pretty. Does he carry the black gene? He also has more of the pleasure build then the 2nd one. Can't really tell how the first one is put together scratch

They may have stopped riding and working on superior halter to go all around. Or, maybe think they can get an AQHA Supreme on him? You can always email and ask.. study

Merikle, I have seen this horse in person and he has a beutiful head and looks QH all the way. This is why he can compete in halter. He really is awesome. Keep in mind I am not a pleasure horse person. But, I did fall in love with him standing beside him. doggie

Looks like you have your work cut out for you.. Choosing is not easy and it's getting close.. Even more so when you are confined to get one in the KY incentive with out spending an arm and a leg. coffee

There was a big pali stallion in the SSA I just went to standing in KY. They are really trying to cash in on that one. They had a $550.00 a month mare care fee since the foal had to be born there. And, a $350.00 chute fee,, With all that said, he is a QH and this is a APHA thing. In order for that foal to be eligable for the SSA futurity it has to be a paint.. I am thinking that APHA does not have a special incentive in KY Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 11:40 am

BJ apha does have and KY incentive has to be bred in KY but doesn't have to foal out there.

Also if you look closely at that black in the 3rd pic he is base narrow which may be acceptable in pleasure but why breed for it if you have other options breed for a correct horse and train it to move the way you want. JMO and only one pic but I do see a lot of this in pleasure horses.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 1:26 pm

Lynn, I did not know about the APHA KY incentive. scratch I did not know the foal did not have to be born there either. The add they put in the book states that semen can be shipped on APHA mares but she has to foal in KY in order to be eligable. This is where the 550.00 a month mare care comes in. affraid

As far as the stallions go, it is very hard for me to tell what a horse really looks like when it's not standing correctly. And, yes it does look like his feet are closer together in the back then his hauks are. Is it the horse or just the time the camera was clicked and the best shot they could get scratch I think we have all seen some pretty back pictures taken by professionals.. I know I have a few. I call them the best of the worst.. No

And, true, why breed to an animal that is not correct when there are so many that are? I would really need to see the horse standing correctly from the back end, front end and all other angles to determine my real opinion of them. If I was not really interested in the horse to begin with I would not waste my time or theirs to see that.. Rolling Eyes coffee
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 5:42 pm

maybe I got it backwards on the apha not sure.... maybe you can ship semen and then have to foal out in Ky not sure now I thought it was the other way around. Kay will know for sure I suspect.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2008, 10:16 pm

have you checked out "In Good Taste"

15.2 Hands
Sire: Good Version
Dam: Discriminating Taste

www.ingoodtaste-qh.com
he is a promising looking stallion with a good record if you aren't looking for a specific color.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 12:09 pm

I am not sure about the APHA thing.. I didn't even know they had one. lol! All I do know is 550.00 month for mare care is rediculous and there would be no way I would pay that.. I guess if you had a ton of extra money laying around it might be worth it.. I am not one of those lucky people... Sad

I like the bay stallion. Love that rich dark color.. Looks like he is even close enough for JJJ to go see in person? cheering
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 6:47 pm

Have never had any luck with bays! Ive owned 3 and they had all turned out to be a bit high strung. So Im sort of stand offish of them, I was wanting a fun color since I plan on keeping this one. Well you have all given me alot to think about. I also liked final notice, but they raised his stud fee.. SHOOT
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 9:08 pm

lol! JJJ, do you really think it was the color of the horse that made them a pain? scratch Or, just gives you bad vibes about them.. Dancing coffee

Just to set your mind at ease.. I have had many bays and just loved their minds and color of course.. These were halter, pleasure and working.. riding I really like the mahogany bay like this one. I bred a pali mare to a Te N Te son that was mahogany and got a buttermilk buckskin.. cheering

If you are breeding sorrel mare and want something different, the red roans might give you that.. If you like roan that is.. I just love the ones with red points and even coat patterns.. I have seen a few around here that were spectacular.. Fell in love at first sight... cheering Don't forget that CHROME..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking my Stallion for next year.   Picking my Stallion for next year. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picking my Stallion for next year.
Page 1 of 1