Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse

Go down 
+14
johnny_0729
cbb11
SuperLope
DELTA DUKE
Bobbey Phillips
Cook11688
Karen Cummings
RoperChick
Justin
Kidd Kuhlmann
smokey
ljb
Andy Gooding
southdakota racer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
southdakota racer

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Empty
PostSubject: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 10:56 am

We have had this discussion before but with a new forum we better have it again. Who is everyone's all time favorite racehorse?

Mine is hard to say but I just loved watching AB What A Runner, she was such a hard trier and could just fly. I also really enjoyed watching Eyesa Special smoke the AA field. Whosleavingwho was such a warrior he was fun to watch. I really like old Country Chicks Man too he is a fast son of a gun.

But my all time favorite I think is probably Tailor Fit. I just loved watching that horse run. He was such a battler. All the sudden at the end of the race there he would be. I believe he was the last shipper to win the Champion of Champions too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.swanequine.com
Andy Gooding

Andy Gooding

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 11:56 am

In Thoroughbreds Secretariat, and in Quarterhorses i would have to go with Chicks Beduino.

My current favorite is No Secrets Here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andygoodingequine.com
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 1:05 pm

I would have to say even though it was before my time, that my favorite race horse to ever watch footage of was Denim N Diamonds. I saw her when she was a broodmare, and she was the most beautiful horse I ever saw. We have win pictures of her at the house in Ruidoso, and it always puts a smile on my face to see her in the winners picture. Smile But if i had to pick a horse that ran more recently I would have to probably pick Kendall Jackson, no horse has ever held 2 world records at the same time.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 5:19 pm

I have to agree with Andy about Secretariat and if anyone would like to see his Triple Crown races again, here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBTGvi1hWQ4

As for quarter horses, I just loved Tailor Fit and Whosleavingwho and for a real oldie how about Della Moore who went down on her nose, was 7 lengths back and still won the race (if memory serves me). The Legends and Quarter Paths articles by Richard Chamberlain and Jim Bret Campbell at AQHA are great to read and give us the history of so many great runners of the past.

My current favorite is Blues Girl Too (I'm partial to fillies these past few years) and hope she's coming back for the big Derbies. Has anyone seen or heard of any of that great 2 y.o. crop from last year?

Michael
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 7:08 pm

they have all returned to the track, except for blues girl too, she is swimming at Burns Ranch at the moment, and should return in the next few weeks. All the other "boys" are up and galloping at Los Alamitos...i'm not sure what the plans are for everyone though..
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 7:24 pm

I love Blues Girl Too - she was super fun to watch - can't wait for her to come back!!!

I have to say my most recent "Favorite" was Si Puede - she was one tough tough tough mare...I LOVED her from the first race I saw her in which was way before she was a "Bigtime girl"...sadly I was there the night she flipped in
the saddling paddock... No I loved her though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 10:26 pm

Kidd:

Yes, that was a very sad time when Si Puede flipped. I heard that she didn't have enough room to manuever when she went up and the inevitable happened. Losing her was indeed tragic as she certainly would have been one of the 'greats'. Sorry that you were a witness to her accident as it's always heartbreaking to lose a horse, any horse.

Thanks Ljb for the update on 'the girl'. I was really worried about her after she won the Two Million. She didn't want to move at all going to the winners circle as she appeared very sore. Glad she's doing ok and can't wait to see her again. Good things come in small packages and she certainly showed 'those boys' how to do it. Another wonderful mare is This Snow Is Cold.....any news on her?

Great talking with you all and good luck with your Derby picks......GO STREET SENSE I love you
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 10:36 pm

Speaking of wonderful mares, does anyone know about Remember Me
Rose? She won that futurity/derby early in the year, but haven't heard
anything of her since. I hope she's just resting (which she really
deserved) and not hurt.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 10:37 pm

Smokey -
She reared up and the kid holding her tried to pull her down which made her even madder - I think if he had just let her rear up, it wouldn't have happened. They were trying to saddle her on the walk and the kid didn't let her do her thing (she was a Wench)...when he pulled, she pulled back...she went over backward and her left hind leg sorta folded under her...they held her down and got her untangled and the saddle off then let her up...she was one mad little girl...
I have NEVER heard a crowd get so quiet...the winner of that race didn't get any credit...I didn't even watch the race...I think she left the track the next morning and they put her down shortly after...
It was a sad sad deal...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 11:55 pm

For Thoroughbreds my favorite would definitely be Secretariat, he was such an amazing athelete. I still cry every time I see his Belmont win.

For Quarter Horses, I would say my favorite would be Parr Nones Star (my WP mare) lol! just kidding..... I would have to say my favorite QH racehorse would be Easy Jet.
Back to top Go down
Karen Cummings

Karen Cummings

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 2:20 pm

My favorites would be Secretariat in the TB world and Dash For Cash in the QH world. Both hail from the same female family. Wink
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2007, 10:26 pm

Hi Karen: Glad you mentioned about that fine lady Imperatrice. She certainly passed on magnificient genes which made a giant impact on both TB's and QH's.................
Back to top Go down
Cook11688

Cook11688

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 12:20 am

Hmm..wow. I don't know much on Quart racing, but for Thoroughbreds, I've gotta go with Equipoise. I love Secretariat and Affirmed and Alydar and all that...but come on, a horse who ran out of his own shoes is something else. Very Happy Seabiscuit has a lot of heart too. I know a bunch of "obscure" or lesser known great Thoroughbreds who have cool stories Very Happy But I guess..Equipoise does have to get my bet for now. And for mares, Ruffian, forever. <3

Last edited by on May 4th 2007, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.7-5ranch.com
Bobbey Phillips

Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 9:26 am

For Quarter Horses my all-time favorite is REFRIGERATOR. If Sonny Vaughn hadn't just consigned him to the Heritage Place yearling sale before my sister and I were over to Sonny's, he would've been a Barrel Horse. What a career he had in racing!!!
For Thoroughbreds I have to go with SEATTLE SLEW. He was poetry in motion and so good looking!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 11:29 am

My favorite quarter horse that I saw run would have to be Tailor Fit. He
was so consistent for such a long time. My dad swears Dash For Cash
was the fastest horse ever, but that was before my time. My favorite
thoroughbreds are Cigar and Skip Away.
Back to top Go down
DELTA DUKE

Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 12:51 pm

MY FAVORITE QUARTER HORSE WAS BRIGAND SILK. SEVEN STARTS SEVEN WINS TWO NEW TRACK RECORDS AT RUIDOSO BEFORE AUGUST OF HIS TWO YEAR OLD YEAR. HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL !!! LOVE THE CONVERSATION !!! DELTA DUKE !!! Cool
Back to top Go down
southdakota racer

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 4:01 pm

DELTA DUKE wrote:
MY FAVORITE QUARTER HORSE WAS BRIGAND SILK. SEVEN STARTS SEVEN WINS TWO NEW TRACK RECORDS AT RUIDOSO BEFORE AUGUST OF HIS TWO YEAR OLD YEAR. HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL !!! LOVE THE CONVERSATION !!! DELTA DUKE !!! Cool

I have seen and heard people say many times he was one of the best and fastest horses they had ever seen but sometimes he gets lost in the conversations due to his early departure. Good to see you up and going Delta Duke!
Back to top Go down
http://www.swanequine.com
DELTA DUKE

Registration date : 2007-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2007, 4:58 pm

SOUTHDAKOTA RACER THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS. IT'S NICE TO SEE SOME FRIENDLY NAMES AGAIN. I HAD ALWAYS ENJOYED READING YOUR POST AND I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THOSE POST AGAIN. LOVE THE CONVERSATION !!! HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL !!! Cool DELTA DUKE
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2007, 10:15 pm

haha I mostly follow TB racing one of my favourites is Silver Charm haha he was my first Derby Pick to win and I was only 7 (I think I picked him because he was gray!)

One of my other favourites is Point Given I think if he didn;t have soundness issues he would have been a great one
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 12:49 pm

Talked about her a few days ago and here she is..........it'll be great to see her run again.

This notice is to inform you that one or more of your horses has worked out.
This Snow Is Cold
Your Comment: This Snow Is Royal/Fance Loretta x Reckless Dash 2001 s.m. SI 110

Date: May 8, 2007
Track: DELTA DOWNS
Distance: Two Hundred And Twenty Yards
Time: 12:41 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

Courtesy of Equibase
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2007, 1:40 pm

Hey Justin: You asked about Remember Me Rose a while back and I just got a notice from my Equibase stable about her. Looks as if she's probably getting ready for the derbies. Not a blazing workout but ok. Very Happy

This notice is to inform you that one or more of your horses has worked out.
Remember Me Rose
Your Comment: Corona Cartel/Im Moonlighting x Zevi 2004 f. SI 102

Date: May 10, 2007
Track: RUIDOSO DOWNS
Distance: Three Hundred And Thirty Yards
Time: 17:86 Breezing
Track Condition: Muddy
Surface: Dirt
Back to top Go down
cbb11

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 7:43 pm

My favorite would have to be Johnny Vitoro! Back when Delta Downs was the place to be he was the horse to beat! To bad he never got the chance to run in the '81 All American with Special Effort, that would have been one for the ages.
Back to top Go down
johnny_0729

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2007, 4:48 pm

Azoom has to be the best. He made winning Grade I's look so easy. He beat very talented fields in three grade I's which was a record for grade I wins at one track. His track record at 400 yards still stands at Sam Houston.
Back to top Go down
kln

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2007, 7:43 am

Remember me Rose just got 2nd in the Texas Classic Derby. Another good mare First Carolina was scratched from the Derby . She is absolutely gorgeous. Duh I just realized that was an old post
Back to top Go down
RHadley

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Favorite horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2007, 4:01 pm

Mine would have to be Ocean Runaway only because he was so awesome to watch and i broke him when he was a baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse   Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone's All Time Favorite Race Horse
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next