Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on foals leg

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Update on foals leg Empty
PostSubject: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 10:14 am

Poor widget having another op tmrw he has an infection in the muscle that was torn off.
Vet gave me 2 choices as its going to be an expensive couple of months either the horrid option or go ahead. Of course we going ahead. Im having to wean him tmrw as i cant keep his mum stabled for 2 months so while he under sedation a lot in the coming week we all thought its best to wean him.

Im now wondering whether i ought to buy this grey stallion,im so fed up with everything going wrong.

Oh and to add insult the buyer who put deposit down on foal now longer wants him.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2008, 11:54 am

Sorry to hear that. Seems when it rains it poors for sure.. No For me, we always feel like we have to at least try to save them. That is what has costs us so much money in the past. What I have learned is to know when it call it quits and let them go. Since the infection is in the muscle and not the bone you do have a fighting chance to get through this one. cheers

Keep us posted and we will be praying for you.. pray ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2008, 3:26 pm

Quote :
What I have learned is to know when it call it quits and let them go. Since the infection is in the muscle and not the bone you do have a fighting chance to get through this one.

AMEN! We have to remember they are animals. As much as we have to admit it..

Well the Owners lost their deposit! PERIOD! Dont you give that up.

Crossing my fingers and toes, hes better and sending well wishes his way!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2008, 5:51 pm

I hope he gets better.
At least he's young and they tend to heal better than an older horse would.
Is it the injured colt the people no longer want?
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2008, 5:02 am

Yep its the injured colt,he wants to show him and wont risk the scar. Funny thing is he was going to buy him with an undershot jaw when he was born(ok now though). Pretty sure you cant show with undershot jaw so to me sorry but whats the diference.

Anyway we will produce him ourselves and sell him on when all better as he a real stunner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on foals leg   Update on foals leg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on foals leg
Page 1 of 1