Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got back from "riding camp"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Just got back from "riding camp" Empty
PostSubject: Just got back from "riding camp"   Just got back from "riding camp" Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2008, 9:43 pm

It was actually a clinic thing held at a bible camp. I wasn't much into the born agains harping on me about finding Christ in my heart, but the riding was great. I went specifically because I really like the clinician. I had hired him for a 4-H clinic in the spring and he was great. I also have him coming here to do a 2 day clinic on August 23rd & 24th. Brennen & I are both going to that one. I figure that since my truck was in the shop during show week and I missed them all, I'd do some learning instead.
There was HMS and colt starting. I took Brennen's mare Sandy for the HMS portion, as we were having problems with her picking up her right lead. Turns out it was a whole right side thing. We now have our cues down for the right lead and have been working on loosening up that side.
I took Hickory for the colt starting. Some of those horses had no base whatsoever. Hickory was the quietest colt there, if I do say so myself. 2 of them honked like they were being attacked by a cougar.
I loved it and although I ended up with a sunburn, a flat on my trailer and a lost camera (that really bugs me), I had a great time and am already planning on going next year.
My biggest suprise was that Wade not only kept the kids in line while I was gone, he also grocery shopped and got them to clean up after themselves. Well, mostly. I was shocked that I was actually allowed to go in the first place. I left him with the kids for four days. Haven't EVER left him with the kids before. It was so nice not to have them pestering me. 4 days of adults and horses.
They gave us a disk with pics on it, so I do have some pictures of the clinic. I'm kicking myself about the camera. The pics also showed me how much I tend to tilt forward when riding. Got to work on that.

Hickory bucking. The pen had 2 horses that were just honking around and got a whole 2 bucks out of him. And not even big ones
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08042

My first ride with a saddle AND bridle. Mostly I rode with a rope halter
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08091

Saddling up. I had no idea anyone even took this till I looked at the disk
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08210

Hickory is kinda lazy, so when Paul flagged him, he hardly even responded.
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08123

Ground work in the arena. We had to find their drive line and make them move evenly
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08089

I just had to put this one in. Look how baggy my Wranglers are. Means I've lost some weight!
Just got back from "riding camp" Camppics08088
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from "riding camp"   Just got back from "riding camp" Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2008, 2:46 am

Im glad things went well! I'm sure it was a much needed break for you, and Im glad Wade stepped up for you to get some away time Very Happy

isn't it nice to be able to see pictures of you riding, in order to correct things? I see pictures of myself (I am far from photogenic) and im like "THATS what I looked like!?". I often find myself with my leg ahead of the motion, which is partially my poor leg conformation (haha, im poorly conformed...) and my bad hips, however, seeing it sure helps you work on it :0)

Sandy sounds so much like Taffy... Taffy used to be so stiff to the right, and I couldn't get a simple lead change to the right... With a LOT of time, she is now doing everything from auto changes, to flying to simple. It just takes time with the stiff ones.

things look great! Glad you had a great time!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from "riding camp"   Just got back from "riding camp" Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2008, 12:15 pm

Thanks. I was getting ready to head to my grandparents and went to grab my camera, forgetting I no longer have it. I put it over the trailer wheel well when I checked on the tire and drove away with it there. I went back and looked, but didn't see it. I e-mailed the radio stations and am sending lost posters to the post offices in the area. Even if it's wredcked, I'd like the memory card and the other stuff in the bag. I still kick myself in the arse about it. How stupid can I be? So now I can't put up pics of the 2 fillies Brennen is looking at. They are by a son of Genuine Peppy. They are out of mother & daughter. The older mare is Major Bonaza bred and the younger mare is by Too Much Pepper, who's by Peppy San and supposed to be out of an NCHA champion. I'm going to look that up right away. The filly out of the MB mare is a red roan. The one out of the TMP mare is a sorrel rabicano. He's making a deal on them where he halter breaks a bunch of foals for the guy.
Back to top Go down
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from "riding camp"   Just got back from "riding camp" Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2008, 6:08 pm

It sounds like you had a great time. It does a soul good to get away from it all once in awhile. You guys looked good, sorry about your camera. Maybe some honest person will find it and turn it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got back from "riding camp"   Just got back from "riding camp" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got back from "riding camp"
Page 1 of 1