Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brennen's at riding camp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Brennen's at riding camp Empty
PostSubject: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 3:28 pm

We dropped Brennen and his gelding Tom off last night. There are 8 girls and 4 boys, they will ride at least twice a day and do some roping practise, swim, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. We pick him back up on Thursday. Alot of people were suprised that we would drive almost 2 hours each direction, twice, to bring him to a camp where you have to provide your own horse and feed. Try to explain to non-horsey types that we bring our own feed so that the horse won't colic, and we bring the horse cause why would I want to send my kid to a camp where he rides some deadhead and won't learn a thing.
This way he works out any problems he has with Tom. The people who run the camp are excellent horse people. Brennen and I went to a clinic with them in May and thought they were wonderful instructors. I'm hoping he likes it. If so, we'll send him again next year. And I'm gonna find out about any clinics they are having close to home.
The husband even remembered me from the clinic and asked if I wanted to bring my reiner down to work with them for a few days. Now I'm wishing I still had Pep.
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 3:39 pm

Sounds like he's going to have a great time!!! I wish I had been able to go to a camp like that when I was a kid, I would been in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2007, 9:07 pm

I am so glad to hear he got to go.. I wish they had horse camp for grown ups... Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2007, 9:24 am

Great! I know he'll have a big time. There's a local girl that has a girl camp, but no boys... figures! And yep, Bluejay, wish they did have grown-up camps... HA!

I know oh, a couple of years ago, I sent Trent to the Smith Brothers roping deal, and he had a major blast!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2007, 10:21 am

How exciting you will have to fill us in on Friday!!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2007, 10:44 am

He says that camp was "awesome". They did alot of riding, some trail rides, lessons and some games. They did things like reverse arcs, side passing, getting their horses to give better. We've already signed him up for next year.
Tom must not have liked it too much. We went to feed oats yesterday and he wouldn't come near us. Took off anytime I came near him. He's bad to catch, but this was ridiculous. But sounds like he behaved himself. They were doing some roping practise and sounds like Tom got him right in there (it was a dummy that drags behind a vehicle, not live cattle), and when they moved cows, he did a great job. I think Brennen was glad he brought Tom rather than Sandy. She's not as quiet as Tom. Of course she's also a lot younger.
We were glad he enjoyed it. It was alot quieter around our place with him gone. He might help out alot, but the three kids fight more when they are all together.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2007, 10:46 pm

I'm so glad he had a great time! Little tooters... give him a rub on the head for me...and a big hug!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brennen's at riding camp   Brennen's at riding camp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brennen's at riding camp
Page 1 of 1