Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show This Saturday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2008, 11:29 am

We have an open show this Saturday. I got my entries phoned in and my lists made. Show halters are cleaned and in one of the bridle bags.
Brennen made me a dare, so now I am showing in a few more classes than I had planned. I don't usually do SMS or HMS. I am so busy getting the kids and their horses ready that I don't have time to check their patterns and mine, plus go in the classes. Brennen figured it was just because I am a chicken, so to prove him wrong, I entered SMS and HMS with Freckles.
Here are our classes

Broodmare, 14.2 hh and under. Brennen w/Freckles
foal of calender year. Me with Robin
Filly, gelding or stallion, 1 yr. Brennen w/Penny
Filly, gelding or stallion, 2 yrs. Brennen w/ Seth
Mare or gelding, over 3 yrs. Brennen w/Sandy
4-H SMS, 11 & under, Brennen w/Sandy
SMS, 9-12, Brennen w/Sandy
SMS, 8 & under, Taegan, says she's using Tom
SMS, 19 + over, Me w/Freckles
Leadline, Sean w/Freckles
Walk/Trot, Taegan w/Tom
4-H equitation, Brennen w/Sandy
Junior WP, Brennen w/Sandy
HMS, 9-12, Brennen w/Sandy
Ladies HMS, Me w/Freckles
PeeWee WP, Brennen w/ Sandy
Senior WP. me w/Freckles
PeeWee reining. Brennen w/Sandy
Senior reining, Me w/Freckles
PeeWee pole bending, Brennen w Vamp
Senior pole bending, Me with both Vamp & Tom
PeeWee barrels. Brennen w/Vamp
Senior barrels. Me with both Vamp & Tom

I believe I am taking on way too much, but it'll be interesting. Our only problem is Sandy not picking up the right lead. I've been getting her to do it, but not consistantly. She will be going to the trainer right after the show.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 24th 2008, 11:42 am

Holy cow! How big is your trailer? scratch
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 12:40 am

It's a big stock trailer. Still, it's like one of those clown cars when we get there. They keep coming out.
I hauled 9 horses 2 years ago. Kept me going the whole time. At least this year one of those is not a stud. Only mares and geldings.
My biggest problem will be when we show what they call the "milk run". it's a week straight of showing. I can't carry enough hay and all my tack, I'm thinking. Maybe I can persuade Wade to bring me some midway through the week. Otherwise I'll have to unload and leave Brennen in charge of the horses will I run home for a load.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 1:41 am

wow! thats definetly a day full atleast!

We want pictures!!! Very Happy I bet you'll kick butt in SMS! How far of a haul is it?

And have you guys tried what I suggested to get Sandy to pick up that right lead? It took a lot of work and consistant right leads with my mare for about 2 months or so... then she had built up enough muscle, and I had gotten used to picking up that shoulder to help her along.

I have a show this weekend too... And with Tristan still out of commission, Im hauling my coming 2 yr old gelding instead... along with my little barrel mare. I actually entered reining, as well as western pleasure... and all these classes are for money. But this time, Taff is now going slow enough (after MUCH work) that I have a chance in WP... she is now squaring up and carrying herself nicely. I will also be in the running for high point.

Let me know how it goes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 6:52 am

It'll be interesting to see how Freckles behaves. I've been riding her almost every day and turns out she's actually quite talented. She was Taegan's 4-H horse for the 1st half of this club year. She's been used by kids so much that she has needed a major tune-up, but she's coming along. They need to invent a belly sweat though. She's she overweight and a bit out of shape.
Last night one of the neighbor's bulls was out. A big Short Horn. It was walking down our road. Scared the daylights out of her. She was snorting and blowing. Once it went past our place she calmed down a bit, but had a rough ride because she was still on high alert.
She also had her tail chewed part way off. 3 of my mares have short tails now. I am using MTG on it. That'll not only help it grow, but nobody's gonna want to chew on that crap. yuck. Her's 2 pics of her, not real good ones, but you can sure see the belly on her.

Show This Saturday IMG_0845
Show This Saturday IMG_0854
Back to top Go down
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 10:20 am

Wow, can I have some of that belly for my gelding ? LOL
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 12:20 pm

And to think, this is a mare who is getting worked regularly, feeding a foal, and in the diet pen. I don't want to put her on a full diet because of the filly. I'm almost wishing Robin was pulling her down.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 2:52 pm

lol thats good to hear.. maybe save some cash and do the tune up yourself?

LOL and most of my horses are scared of cows because they've never seen one. The only horse I can use when the neighbours cows are out is Merikle... She's the only one not scared enough to show some cow sense.

and I know how you feel... Taff is on a heavy work schedule... but she's been on a almost dirt lot for a month now with limited grass hay, so her belly is tucking up finally. Then there is gem... man I cannot feed that mare enough! She is maintaining weight atleast.. but not gaining like I would like. Can't believe Im saying this... but I can't wait for weaning, simply for her sake!
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2008, 5:41 pm

It's not even like she hasn't worked cows before, but she has never seen a bull before and this sucker was BIG. And he was bellowing now and then. But even when I used her on the community pasture, she snorted and blew when she saw them. Ah well, maybe I'll get some steers and pasture her with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show This Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show This Saturday   Show This Saturday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show This Saturday
Page 1 of 1