Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

pictures from show on saturday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

pictures from show on saturday Empty
PostSubject: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2009, 11:54 pm

i had an open show this past weekend. there was three judges i placed 1,1,2.
heres a link to my photobucket. but heres a few pictures i like.
heres the links https://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/ptgirl09/PETE/?start=60

getting ready, even though this is his second show hes so not impressed LOL
pictures from show on saturday P1030862

doing in hand trail
pictures from show on saturday P1030944-1

just waiting
pictures from show on saturday P1030935

halter
pictures from show on saturday P1030876

pictures from show on saturday P1030878

grand and reserve
pictures from show on saturday P1030887

random picture we took
pictures from show on saturday P1030904
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:28 am

kitty Woo Hoo, I love pictures! Girl you have him spit shinned don't you! Shocked He looks sooooo much better then when you bought him!
That in hand trail looks pretty neat!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 10:32 am

well i had him body clipped. i work him 5 days a week. well i try to with working a 2nd job it kinda gets hard but i get it done.
even the breeder was impressed on how he looked.
that in hand trail was the first time ever we've done that lol
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 7:56 pm

Did you get Grand or Reserve?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2009, 9:15 pm

cheering He looks so much better then he did when we saw him after you first got him. I don't know how tall you are .. But, he looks like he has pretty good hight on him... Dancing

He stands a little under himself in the back. Make sure you set his back legs then do his front ones. This is the where I don't do very well. I get so hung up on just getting the feet in place I forget about how the legs line up with the body.. scratch

I would not work him more then every other day (20 min). When you do that you work off all the wieght you are trying to put on them. Make sure you long trot and transition to a canter back and forth with no stopping. This will tuck up the tummy and add to the girth. coffee

People put all kinds of things in their hands when they ask for the ears in halter. Get a pepermint in a wrap (makes a crinckly sound).. Crinkle it and when he has done his job, unwrap it and let him have it. They love those.. This will keep you from making faces and blowing to get those ears up and head out. Use this when you practice.. Always do the whole halter patern when you practice... doggie

Horses will wait and do so much for that special treat. As far as I go you better have some really good chocolate out there if you want my ears.. icecream ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 1:03 am

thank you bluejay! ill try the peppermints next time. i didnt have anything with me at that show so i just blew in his nose.

im actally 5-7 so hes gotten huge.
i wokr him for only 5-7 mins to the left and 5-7 mins to the right. after i work him i do back him up.

we only won our class. the grand and reserve horses are aged horses so no competeing with them. next year we'll be better
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 10:31 am

It' s always hard to compete with the older horses. I am not sure about APHA since I am just getting in to it. But, AQHA amy class is two and under. Same thing there with the 2yr olds. But, there is an older judge from AZ that comes around and he will pick the younger horses. He is one of the few honest judges left.

He was at a show in Wash. This man that goes around up here and wins every thing got the boot from this judge. The crowd CHEERED.. The colt that was being shown was very lame. The other judges just kept putting him 1st. Not this one. lol! He put him right were he belonged. Leaving the gate.. cheering
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 11:37 am

Whats the judges name from Arizona that comes up therE?
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2009, 9:51 pm

OH honey, I do not remember his name.. I might be able to find it on an old record for my 8yr old who he places.. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pictures from show on saturday   pictures from show on saturday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pictures from show on saturday
Page 1 of 1