Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)

Go down 
+6
Cindy
Triple J Quarter Horses
7cedars
Sip of Rum
Kidd Kuhlmann
SilverBuckleHorses
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Empty
PostSubject: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 1:05 am

Well, my clippers came in yesterday morning and after nine hours of clipping work, Scotchy looks kick butt! He's grown a bunch and has really just filled out. I'm going to show him on the 19th for the first time since around November. He's been sitting around doing nothing, but I think he looks pretty darn good for pasture shape Smile

(Edited to add: New add I made!)

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) ScotchAdd2

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) HPIM0463

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) HPIM0399

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) HPIM0375

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) ScotchAdd

Last edited by SilverBuckleHorses on April 2nd 2008, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 7:51 am

He is a cutie pie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 10:34 am

aw he looks great! I just love him Smile Good luck at your show, we BETTER get some pics! lol
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:46 pm

Great job on clipping! WOW! He's coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 12:51 pm

What kind of clippers did you get? Good job!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 2:54 pm

I used two clippers on him, the big ones for the main body and the smaller ones for the legs, face, and tight spots. The big ones I bought were Oster Golden A5s and I LOVE them. The blades didn't even get WARM, and this was a job. I measured some of his hair at over four inches long. The detailers I used were Andis Ultra Edge, which get warm kind of fast, but they are little power house clippers and they will mow through anything.

Thanks guys Smile I think he is coming along nicely, and blossoming into the boy I knew he would be. He's right at 15hh now, and he'll be two years on May 19th. I couldn't really see just how nice he was growing under all that hair, but jeeze, he has really grown. And, his tummy is still nice and tucked up, even after having so much time off. I think he does better when he is just turned out and can exercize on his own. The trotting just worked off his behind instead of making it bigger. His neck has gotten a bit longer and it suits his body much better now too. I'm pretty happy with how he's grown Smile Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 9:30 pm

OH! I just love watching the babies grow up. He is coming along nicely! I'll have to get some pics of my baby. HA HA, I started working her "oficiallly" today. She is a chunky monkey.
Congrats on the body clip too! looks good. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2008, 9:32 pm

He looks great! Good luck at the shows! Very Happy

What program do you use for the beautiful ads you made?
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 12:08 am

Thanks Smile

Merikle, I use Correl Paint Shop Pro X for the adds. If you get it, I reccomend you take a class for it. A friend of mine gave it to me and taught me how to use it, it's actually for pros and can be super complicated. But, once you know how to use some of the features, you can do amazing things with it Smile I'm still learning lol
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 11:03 am

he is coming along so nice and the add is great keep up the good work!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2008, 9:15 pm

Your little man is growing up.. I am still using the flyer you made for me.. You do a good job at that and could get some work at home making those for other people.. Cool

I have the big body clippers.. I always end up using the smaller ones. I start with the big ones on the body if I have a lot to clip then end up going over them with the small ones. I then use a hot oil treatment to settle things down so it looks natural.. study I only do this with weanlings getting ready for the show. I have found in the last few years I get better results with just a bit of elbow grease and groming the hair off. cheers

I assume you may have body clipped him? I do just have a suggestion for you on the bridle path. Needs to be no longer then the length of his ear. And, take it all the way forward to the middle of the ears (the bump I call it).. I noticed the pros that are now going over the bump and taking the foreloc right down to where it just starts to bend over. I think that is too far. I do go to the middle of the bump though.. This gives you a cleaner look. cheering

Good luck at the show and we do want pictures.. ily
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2008, 8:58 am

He looks good, nice clipper job. Great looking flyer. Some day I will get a site. LOL Waiting on a friend. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)   New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pictures of Scotch! (+ New Add!)
Page 1 of 1