Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Pictures of Scotch!

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
SilverBuckleHorses
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

New Pictures of Scotch! Empty
PostSubject: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 7:08 pm

It just kind of clicked to me that I ended up not taking any at the show, so I took some of him today. I also went ahead and got a vacuum today, I went with a shop vac because I could spend the $100.00+ on feed, which I need to buy again, and let me tell you, I think it's the missing link, all of the hair Scotch has been shedding just came right off, his coat started to lay down nice and flat and it felt great. I've been rubbing until my arms fall off, I think this just gave me a little extra push and only cost $50.00 lol. Scotch is still stuck at 14.1hh, lol, he just won't budge, but, it's coming. He's 14 months old here, excuse what mess you can see in the background, it's cleaning day.

New Pictures of Scotch! 8-5-20073-43-02PM_0018

New Pictures of Scotch! 8-5-20073-43-14PM_0021

New Pictures of Scotch! 8-5-20073-42-49PM_0014
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 8:07 pm

BTW, any opinions are welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 8:19 pm

he looks good to me but looks like he is scratching the top of his tail some I would either get a fecal count for worms or start a daily wormer... jmo you would be amazed at the difference you would see in a really short amount of time I wasn't a big believer until Peppy went with this new trainer and wow did it make a huge difference!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 8:27 pm

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I've been hearing that a lot lately and I'm going to pick some up this week. What type would you reccomend?
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:00 pm

Lookin' good, but PLEASE don't tie with a chain under the chin or over the nose. Even if he's not tied hard. My mom did this to Penny despite repeated warnings from me, and now she is nearly impossible to tie. Even if you think the shank is just wrapped around something and it will loosen if they pull back, something can happen and it won't.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:05 pm

YUP, bad to tie with shank. Could have a really bad wreck. No If your horse is wormed once a month and still rubbing the tail you can use baby oil and listerine mix half and half and spray it on. Works great.. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:07 pm

PS, 14.1 is not bad for a yearling. In fact it is pretty normal considering he is late. He will grow a lot this year and will also change a bunch too.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:08 pm

Our is in a big green bucket with a white lid can't remember the name of it Embarassed right now but it works really good. (looked it up it is the Strongid C)
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:18 pm

I don't ever tie up with a chain, that's why it only was through the side hole, and hooked to the hole on the bottom, I'd never ever even wrap it with it all the way through the other side. I've seen too many stupid people do that. Bluejay, what is it about the listerine and baby oil that works? Please explain? I'm ok with his height, because he's not going to ever reach 16hh, he'll be a happy 15.2, when fully grown. Which is fine with me, he's going to be my riding horse, and I'll be riding him in the western pleasure classes, possibly reining too, so I really don't want him to be gigantic. It's more about how he fills out, than how tall he gets. Thank you all though, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 9:23 pm

Lynn, there is strongid C and then one called CW?? Sounds like you are using the same one we do the CW?? . Strongid got way too $$$ so we switched over the other one. We think it's great too.. Spendy when you have a lot of them on it though.. cheers

However, it can also prevent colic so well worth it. Strongid C used to have colic surgery insurance for your horse when you bought it from your vet and did all the recommended stuff the vet wanted you to do every year. Like vacinations, examinations, etc. It went from $160.00 for a 50lb bag up to $200.00. They still do have that insurance offer. They just do not pay as much for it as they did.. Course the price of that went up as well. That is when I switched to the other brand.. It's still at $160.00 for 50lb.. Still need to paste for bots though if you have them in your area. confused Good stuff... cheering
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 10:04 pm

Continuex is cheaper than Strongid. I have used both. I am using continuex now since we have 8 horses on it! Geesh! $$$$$$ Make sure you paste worm proir to putting them on a daily wormer to knock out the pesty buggers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2007, 10:38 pm

yup have to paste worm at least 2x a year we do a wormer that gets tapes as well when we worm just in case and we only have the horses that are up in training or in the barn or small pens on this (and we try to keep that to a minimum better to be out in pasture). Everything out in pasture (our pastures are 40+acres) are on ivercide every 6-8 weeks which is really nice as I can worm the big guys with ivercide for around $2.00 a horse. It all balances out in cost if you ask me sure this is a little costly but the others is cheap so.... hmm now I will have to go check what the lid says when I get off work in the AM as I have no idea and it will drive me crazy wondering LOL
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 12:37 am

Goodness.... lol! I gotta look too.. scratch
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 7:32 am

Looking good, SilverB, looking good! These yearlings do funky things, let me tell ya...but he's sure coming on nicely!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2007, 11:18 am

It's kind of funny to me, because I look at him, and I can't help but think that he is going to do well in the aged classes. He lost that dainty refined look when he turned one. I'm just really looking forward to seeing him in the next 2-3 years, because I think he's going to be massive like his mommy and daddy muscle wise, I'd like to try him out in the aged stallion classes in the future though, that's for sure, but that really depends on his riding career, and how it affects his body. I know for sure that we will end up doing performance halter in the future, obviously once he has a ROM in something. All I can think about is how much easier taking him to his first under saddle show will be, seeing as how it'll be just another every-day-thing to him. As he gets older I'm getting more and more excited about his riding career, he will kick butt in western pleasure. I will have to take a video of him doing lounge line for you guys someday...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pictures of Scotch!   New Pictures of Scotch! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pictures of Scotch!
Page 1 of 1