Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)

Go down 
+2
SSFarm2
SilverBuckleHorses
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 11:24 am

Snorty, or Dudes DistinctDesign, is now at a new home! On Sunday I got a trade offer that I couldn't refuse, and now I own Fridays Teatime! She will be a year old on April 6th (she was born on good friday). She is a solid black, not a single white hair on her, that is just drop dead gorgeous. She is actually out of Lady, the mare I do team penning and gaming on. I'm going to halter the CRAP out of her this year YAY! I'm so excited because Snorty is going to be used primarily for breeding, which will be good for her, now that I have her safe to handle. She is BUILT and she is going to be a big girl. I've got her covered up and under lights now, and I think our first AQHA show will be in March, but I'll be hauling her to all the open shows before that. I am totally IN LOVE with this filly.... I'll get some pictures today if weather permits, I got her all clipped up day before yesterday, so she looks good!

On another good note, I took Lady to her first barrel race on Thursday and we ran on average are running around 19-20 with our best time being an 18. So, not bad for only doing it with her a couple of weeks. I am in the runnings for a buckle at one series we go too, which is on the 23rd! Can't wait to go and take Lady to that for the first time, in the past I've always used someone elses horse! Considering that right now I'm not even asking for speed, i don't think asking for a high sixteen to a low seventeen will be too hard. It's exciting though, I love the barrels and poles!

(She is in major need of her feet being done, and in her profile shot, I had her set up too far out behind, but, you'll get the general idea... She has never been worked either, so this is pasture condition)

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) 2-19-20087-45-13PM_0001

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) 2-19-20087-45-44PM_0011

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) 2-19-20087-46-22PM_0024

And, here is a blurry picture of Lady and I doing barrels, I'll have a video soon.

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Rincon_Rd_Pictures_002

Last edited by SilverBuckleHorses on February 19th 2008, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 1:38 pm

Congrats.... Don't forget the pics.
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 3:36 pm

I miss barrel racing! I said ewwwww I'll never be caught in those fancy glittery polyester outfits that the show girls wear......

Well here I am, hung up my barrel racing saddle of 10+ years to enter the show ring. Amazingly, I really love the showing. But at times I miss letting my hair down and the speed sensation (I luv reading about what's happening in the event today, so keep posting Laughing). I was fortunate enough to sit at one of the first NBHA developing dinners in SC with CEO of Morris Comm., Talmadge & Mike Green, Martha and RE Josey.... Super group of people, I went back that nite following dinner with Talmadge and Mike to buy a super nice futurity mare that Lance Graves trained. She's still sitting in the pasture today... with many championships under her belt.

CONGRATS - best of luck with your new ride !

Last edited by AQHA/OLF on February 19th 2008, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 3:44 pm

Congrats cant wait to see pictures,partial to Black,having the most gorg black filly myself.

We have a pony here,my eldest daughters he faster than any horse ive seen doing barrels.Shame its not a real sport here.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 5:40 pm

I didn't know you did barrels OLF Smile I used to do it when I was about ten-thirteen years old, so it's been awhile. I have a very specical relationship with Lady, I don't think I would be doing this unless it was with her. I got in one particular bad accident on a horse my dad bought me as a present for graduating eighth grade. The horse was drugged when I went and tried him out, but I was a little naive about this because I bought it from one of my friend's dads, didn't see that coming. Well, it ended up putting me in the hospital and I didn't actually get on a horse for over two years, and I mean a whole two years because I was terrified of getting on a horse. Some friends helped me out with getting back on, but I didn't ever want to mess with barrels again, or really, I didn't ever want to GALLOP again. When I got Lady, she couldn't walk and I didn't think she would EVER be able to be ridden, but lots of farrier work and money and TLC later, I'm able to do this with her. I feel almost like it's her way of repaying me for being able to live again. Although truthfully, all I wanted was for her to be OK. We have a very special bond though, and she's given me the confidence to do this again, and with another horse in the future. She's really great, and I love her to pieces. OLF, that must have been a pretty amazing meeting, in the company of some GREAT people...
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 9:45 pm

Thats great!! Very Happy

So I pretty much did not know that i drive through morristown ALL the time and you live like 2 hours from me? lol maybe a little more haha

Where do you barrel race at?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 11:00 pm

Right now I go to barrels at HorseWorld in Wickenburg, Western Saddle Club in Phoenix, Dunn's Arena, and sometimes Empty Acres. Yea, you're about 2 1/2 hours from me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sip of Rum

Sip of Rum

Number of posts : 565

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2008, 11:51 pm

O fun! Welll, if youre interested..we're doing a saddle series in Wikieup and its a series of 5 weekends, we've done 1 but you only need to be there for 4 of them. Theres a lot of adults there training and only a few really running them hard, theres 5 events all day or whatever, its fun and its only $25 a day, just if you wanna come have fun, then I could meet you Very Happy The only down side to it is all the little kids kinda take a long time but other than that its cool. If you want the dates and times let me know Smile
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2008, 1:58 am

Girl you had better a keep a sheet on her up to the second you go in a class,, That black shinny coat attracks Dust! Like glue! Smile
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2008, 9:56 am

SilverBuckleHorses....
Here's a jackpot photo.... OMG seems like 100yrs ago!

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) 2py7x1y

Great looking baby there in the above photos - !!!!

Last edited by AQHA/OLF on February 20th 2008, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)   Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yay!!! (Now with PICTURES!!!)
Page 1 of 1