Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Empty
PostSubject: Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun   Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2007, 10:15 am

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees, absent, had not phoned in one day. Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? '
'Is your daddy home?' he asked.
' Yes ,' whispered the small voice.
May I talk with him?'
The child whispered, ' No .'
Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mommy there?' '
Yes .'

'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, ' No .'
Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?'
' Yes ,' whispered the child, ' a policeman '.
Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?'
' No, he's busy ', whispered the child.
'Busy doing what?'
affraid ' Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman ,' came the whispered answer.
Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'
' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.
'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.
Again, whispering, the child answered, ' The search team just landed a helicopter .'
Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?'
Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...

Suspect ' ME .'
pray
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun   Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2007, 10:16 am

I like that,thats funny lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun   Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 8:35 am

I bet this child's name was Trent! Criminey sakes.

Okay, here's a true one for ya.

About a month ago, Trent throws a wall-eyed fit, and him and Amber (girlfriend) go to town, and Trent had worked really hard that day, and he's like me, once he gets his belly full, it's time for a nap. Well, Amber has to drive them home all the way from Longview, because he can't keep his eyes open after eating out, was supposed to go to a movie, but he couldn't stay awake. So he gets to her house, falls asleep on the floor in front of the tele, and at some point, wakes up within his curfew.

Amber's house is maybe all of 10 minutes from our house, at some point, he calls, said he's had a wreck, that there were cows in the road. Now, I'm not stupid, I said, DID YOU FALL ASLEEP? No, there were cows in the road. So he'd gone over into a steep ditch, ran through a fence, put it in 4x4, and got himself out, and was calling from Amber's pretty much shaken up. So I tell him I'm on my way, that the cow guy is fixing to have to fix his truck. Well, Mom, the cows are back over in the pasture now. Now, how stupid do you think my son is for telling me that?????

Finally 2 days after, when I have to pay $50 to get the wrecker to take it to the shop, I said, son, cows aren't like deer, they just don't pop out in front of you, much less run out in front of you - have you learned your lesson about not staying out late when you're already so tired from working all day? He got that grin - you know the grin when they know they can't lie anymore... well, mom, something was in the road. Uh-huh.

$187 later, which we were super lucky on, and teh left side of his truck scratched to here and beyond because of the barbed wire fence he went through - criminey.... I think he's learned his lesson!!! At least I hope so, anyway! Course next question out of his mouth was, when can we get the truck repainted.... we? What, you think there's a frog in your pocket??? Criminey!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun   Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2007, 8:40 am

Here's another one for ya....child/child....

About 3 years ago, we had quite a bit of ice one morning, but school didn't close. And Trent's got a half ton Dodge extended cab 4x4... get that, a 4x4... perfect for this type of weather. I'm not worried, but tell the boys to call me once they get to school, just to be on the safe side. Trent's been driving since he was in junior high, and he's a very good driver.

Everything goes fine, and he gets home, and tells me on the way to school, there's a wreck at the bridge, cop cars all over the place, a wrecker, etc., and "Mom, I hit that bridge, went sideways, and danged near hit one of those cop cars." I say, oh, good Lord, son, were you going too fast? "Nope, I was barely creeping." And I thought something's wrong with this picture. I said, "Well, you did have your 4x4 in, right?"

He got the most stupidiest look on his face, and got that grin - I said, oh, good lord, son, what do you think that danged 4x4 is for? "Well, mom, I didn't know I was supposed to use it for that. I thought it was just for getting out of being stuck."

And then I was told the ultimate, "Well, you didn't tell me to do THAT!"

I have never laughed so hard.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun   Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kids do the darnest things.. Just for fun
Page 1 of 1