Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Empty
PostSubject: 11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures   11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 9:26 am

We went to our second DEC show of the season (last month we took 2nd in our class and 2nd in reserve.) and this time we took first in our class and didn't place in the championship class, which was a load of manure! But hey, it's all good, Scotch was super well behaved and a good boy the entire show. We also went on to place 3rd in our showmanship class, even though we butchered our 360 turn lol. Here are some pictures, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on things I could work on. He has a shorter neck, and I'm really at odds as to what I should do with it. Also, I know his top line is super weak and I've been cantering him more, but I don't know what to do to make it stronger and more round. Any constructive criticism is welcome cheers

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures 11-4-20077-09-57PM_0038

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures 11-4-20077-38-23PM_0041

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures 11-4-20077-08-13PM_0017

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures 11-4-20077-09-14PM_0029

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures 11-4-20077-08-04PM_0015
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures   11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 11:35 am

Since you do not plan to make him a halter horse I would not do anything. He is not heavy enough for halter. Also, when they are growing like he is you have to really stick the feed to them and less work. That is not good for the horse. All the cantering is using up the feed you are putting in him and will keep him slimmed down. All you can do with a short neck is keep it clean and not let it get fat.. doggie

I would let him mature and see where he ends up. No point in doing all that fitting for halter if that is not your goal for him. I would just have some fun and keep showing him and then get him ready to go under saddle.. You can do the same ground work to get him ready for riding as you would halter.. Ground driving and teaching him to collect, bend and flex. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. He will be two next year right? Yearlings are very hard to put weight on and growing up up up.. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures   11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 10:14 pm

Yes Bluejay, he will be two in May of 2009 (which I can't wait for.) I know he's not much of a halter horse, but he's done very well. I actually think he's proven enough for a yearling. We've gotten so many grands and such that I could deal with that and just put him into his next shows under saddle. So, I decided no more AQHA shows, but we are going to finish up this years DEC series for another high point championship with him (we are already leading the way.) I actually think that he will bulk up more with time, like his sire and dam. I tell ya though, I can't wait to ride him. I wish I had a really good halter horse though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: 11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures   11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2007, 10:30 am

He has done well in halter and I think that looks good on his resume.. Dixie is not real heavy either.. She kicked major A$$ at the shows she went too.. She will be a 3yr old and I think that is when she is going to bulk up. Too busy getting tall to get wide even as a 2yr old. She is right at 16h now. Some people think NH horse are all heavy. Dix is not and does get worked and fed for halter.. She is going to be a different horse next year I think. And, becuse these two were not over done to get a halter point they will both have their legs for the future.. riding

Riding him will be such fun and you will be able to show him in performance halter once you get going on that.. So, halter is definately not out of the picture for him. They also put the ABRA points on their AQHA papers now. cheering
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures   11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

11/4/07 Show Results w/ Pictures
Page 1 of 1