Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bloodline Advice

Go down 
+3
SilverBuckleHorses
Bucks&Blues
Kidd Kuhlmann
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 12:01 am

Ok - so am contemplating getting a "project". Garrett is going to buy one for me for my birthday...but only if we find the right one.

We are going to look at some paints and some qhs - they are "cow" bred so we were told...but I know NOTHING about cow bred paints. I know "Color Me Smart" and I'm not even 100% sure about what he did.

Lynn - I figured you may have some suggestions on what to look for and what to stay away from...Something tells me that any big names will be in the grandsire and back...but I'm ok with that if there is an individual.

I'm not gong to just get something to get something - it has to be right...but I've been missing having a horse to play with (yearling/2yo) to start my way...we'll see what this guy has...

I'd just like some input before I go look...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 12:11 am

I love the Docs Hickory, Peppy San Badgers, Shorty Lenas, Peptoboonsmals, Doc Olenas, and many many more. Dont forget Peppy San Badger!

Theres one line I would SUGGEST to stay away from. I think its the Wilson line. They go from one extreme to another. They are almost bi-polar in a way. One day they are dead heads, the next they are exploding all over the arena. I am saying this from personal experience, but Im sure not ALL of them are whacked.

Are you looking to go into a cow event? If so, they are a blast and you will have mucho fun!
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 12:13 am

Smart Little Pistols are pretty good horses. Ive never known anyone to have one that is missing a few screws either. We have one at my barn who is 10 and just got gelded. I would have never known had I not looked at his sire pedigree. They are great too.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 1:59 am

I don't really think you can go wrong with the Peppy San horses, I've loved every one that I've owned.

My Sonny Dee Bar filly was a stinker, and I've heard that about a lot from this line. It's not really that they're bad tempered, just too smart for their own good.

I'm in agreement w/ the Doc Olena horses too, they're a good bunch.

Just let us know when you find something and we can look Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 10:55 am

I love the Peppy San Badger's you can tell by my horses they tend to be hot but controllable (is that a word) Rooster and Peptoboonsmal are Peppy San Badger. Also one of my other favorites is the Bob Acre Docs I have yet to find one I don't like there is a nice stallion down there in Tx www.choiceacres.com they do tend to be small. Doc Quixotes are doing great in the show ring and are very easy to get along with. I also love the Gunsmokes again hot but a bit unpredictable some I don't like are the older bulker foundation like Driftwood wonderful for roping and ranching but tend to be too big and bulky for cutting and reining unless bred just right the problem is if they are really line bred. that is just my opinion. Have fun looking.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 4:07 pm

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1320341

My friend has this filly for sale. Lots of the names your looking for in one package. She seems to be pretty nice. She also has some others for sale.

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 5:02 pm

Zippo Pine Bars, Bars Rewards, Love these bloodlines they are do it all kind of horses. I agree with Lynn on one point the Doc Bar breeding can be and most of the time are hot. We had a San Peppy horse we barrel raced, He liked to go even on the trail.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 5:50 pm

Color Me Smart is super nice with around 40-50k in the cutting pen well promoted as he is a Babcock horse now, another paint with money earnings to look for is a horse by the name of Mr. Big Heart 56K in cutting earnings very prettty a son of Freckles Playboy but not well promoted.
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 8:02 am

Ya'll are a wealth of knowledge!!!!

Thanks so much!!! Garrett is going back and forth between a project and something that doesn't eat Very Happy

I should know something by Monday though...woohoo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2008, 9:46 pm

Have fun looking. You know these are not my kind of horses.. I do not care for the look they have.. But, there is one who had many get that did it all and was really cute to boot. That was Two Eyed Jack. Wink Another one I like is Doc O Lena. Course you got to watch out for HERDA on that one. And any other that lead back to the Poco lines. affraid

The horse does have a lot to do with it. But, the trainer and the person with all the $$$$ plays a big role in the success of the animal. Many of the ranchers that promote this stuff go through hundreds of horses to get one or two good ones. The rest get tossed out with the trash. This is true in this business. No If you are not willing to go that far then don't worry about what you choose. Get something you like and can have fun with. riding
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

Bloodline Advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodline Advice   Bloodline Advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodline Advice
Page 1 of 1