Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Palomino People

Go down 
+3
Triple J Quarter Horses
7cedars
SSFarm2
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 11:45 am

Are you palomino people aware that the pt. system has been changed starting

The new pt. system was voted down, but somehow still got in there. we need all PHBA members to voice your objections to this. Anyone that is
a PHBA member can contact me and I will send you a letter that has been
composed to send to them.

Trust me if this does not change I fear for the future of PHBA. This is not good times for the horse shows now, but I truly think this will really hurt
the shows.

Please contact me if you want to know more.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 11:50 am

What'd they do?
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:14 pm

They have changed the pt system. Say you have 3 horses in a class, the way it is now 1st & 2nd would get pts.
The new system, only 1st place will receive pts.
Now I know showing qh. 3 entries there would only be 1/2 pt for 1st and nothing for 2nd. but pal. shows have less entries and require more pts to receive an rom and superiors.

With all the shows hurting for entries, this will make it harder and I am sure less people will show. I am afraid we may see the end to the organization if this happens.

If is hard to explain the changes in an email, but it is not good.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:35 pm

Well CRAP! affraid Not like the numbers are High now! Grrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:41 pm

I think I will be doing more qh than pal if the stange sticks. There are many letters going into the office Mine will be one of them.

I think they are digging a deep grave for themselves.

God right now you need,
25 for an rom
100 for am sup.
200 for open sup.

If there are no entries how will you ever get that and many people are not gonna write checks for over 500 and not get any pts.

They are shooting themselves in the foot.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:43 pm

Well email me a copy of this letter and know a few I can send it to.... Ill get them to send it in also.. Dang It! This isnt AQHA. Horsefeathers! No
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 5:09 pm

TJ send me your email address at SSFarm2@aol
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 8:21 am

I always thought it was extremely weird that you had to have 25 points for a ROM. And you're right, numbers are dwindling.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 1:05 pm

This is from one of the comm. Members.

At the 2007 convention, the show rules committee recommended a point scale (and several other chandges) to the delegates present. During the general membership meeting, a motion was made from the floor to send several of the proposed rule changes back to committee for more study. The motion was seconded and passed and a task force was formed. I served as a member on this task force. From April through June, our business was discussed through email. Since this was found not to be the most reliable source of information exchange, a series of conference calls was held in July and August. During those calls (7 or 8 hours worth!) we discussed limiting the number or approved shows, changes to the point scale, recommendations to the process of scheduling show weekends, and numerous housekeeping grammer changes to the rule book. Our recommendations were then forwarded to the Executive Board for action during their August meeting. They voted to accept some of our proposed changes (new point scale) and reject others (mileage change and limiting show approvals).
I hear folks often complain "we don't have a voice"--but I need to point out that not only did the general membership have a voice (by sending the original proposal back to committee), those same members were solicited to become a part of the task force and its subcommittees (nearly 40 people), and could then contact EB members and express their concerns. The EB gave the charge to create the Task Force in the first place.
And this is to ALL: Please become involved with your organization. If you want to bring about change, writing about it on the forum is not the most effective method to utilize.

Still hadnt gotten your copy of the letter, Emial it to me at jjj_qh@bellsouth.net I have a few that are interested in forwarding it on as well.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 9:12 pm

TJ

I am forwarding the letter I just received tonight. Please feel free to pass this on to as many pal people as possible. I am hoping PHBA will receive many letter and decide this is not a good move.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm

I am a life member and will be happy to send this letter in. And, I have a few friends I can pass this on to as well. GOOD Grief.. That is rediculous... Email it to me LBain7713@hotmail.com. Then I can forward it.. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 9:56 pm

BJ

I just sent you what I received. I think if all the pal. people stand together on this it may help.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 9:21 am

Criminey sakes, why would they "limit" shows?

Me thinks there's a snake in the grass somewhere!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 11:22 am

Got my first reply, does this sound like a brush off or what!

Thank you for taking out the time to e-mail the EB with your concerns and input regarding the point scale. I assure you that all contact is taken seriously as to any further action being considered. We appreciate your views, as well as your support of PHBA. Her name was here.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 11:30 am

Wow, does that sound like a form letter!

I emailed the President of PHBA to complain about the president of the Illinois Palomino club, who was HORRIBLY rude to me and a lot of other people at the show that we shared the facility with them. I got a personal email right back from her, saying that she was in the airport getting ready to fly out, but would address my concern as soon as she was back in town. I am just so tired of people acting that way, I am going to start calling them out on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 1:48 pm

Here is what I got back.. I am wondering who this Show Task Force Committee is that wants to make it harder to get points scratch Sounds like finger pointing and passing the buck to me.. No

Dear Lonnie & Teena,

When we, the Executive Board, listened to the recommendations of the Show Task Force, we understood that this fairly large group of people who were selected (or volunteered) was a cross-section of the PHBA membership, with representation across the USA, from show people, to trainers, etc., had thoroughly explored each of their charges before making their recommendations. We were fairly confident that their recommendations were based on thoughtful consideration. The recommendation regarding the point scale was, in fact, to change it. We did not, as an EB, wish to shoot down 6 months of their work. We put faith into our hardworking national directors, their committees, subcommittees and task forces. Whether we individually supported the recommended point system or not was not a factor as we did not wish to go against the recommendations of the Task Force.

If you would like to discuss this (or any other issue) further, feel free to contact any of the EB members. My contact information is as follows:

Office: 507/538-1759
Home: 507/534-2121
Cell: 507/951-8877

Many thanks for taking the time to express your concern for the well being of the PHBA.

Sincerely,

Becky Herrmann
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 7:40 pm

That sure is a lot of words, that amount to saying nothing.

The is no PHBA afiliate in my state. Infact, there are few afiliates total. The closest pally show to me is in Calif. If AQHA shows in Calif are too far away for me....What makes them think that I'll pay my dues and haul to hell and back???

I haven't been a PHBA member in a long time. The reason being that there are no pally shows near me. There was one in Fallon, NV many years ago. I don't know if anyone went. It wasn't publicized...I found out about it only buy a fluke.

I realize that I live in the worst place in the world for horse shows....But the PHBA isn't exactly over-whelmed with membership and show participation.

They need to make me WANT to travel to their shows.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 7:54 pm

RoanRider420 wrote:
Wow, does that sound like a form letter!

I emailed the President of PHBA to complain about the president of the Illinois Palomino club, who was HORRIBLY rude to me and a lot of other people at the show that we shared the facility with them. I got a personal email right back from her, saying that she was in the airport getting ready to fly out, but would address my concern as soon as she was back in town. I am just so tired of people acting that way, I am going to start calling them out on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very sorry you had that bad experience. I always tell people the pal. people are polite and friendly. I have gone to other states and they were super. Again Im sorry.
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 7:57 pm

I have received 2 replies from my letters. I only hope that they will listen to our words.

Please all paly people write those letters.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2007, 9:59 pm

By the way SS.. Who the heck is that HUNK on your signature.. WHOO HOO.. GOOD ONE... cheering
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 4:03 pm

Thank You BJ
That hunk in the pic is my 2yr old mare that I bought out of Tx. last yr.
She has been doing fantastic at QH and Pal. shows, we have gotten several grands and reserves on her.

She is the one we are taking to Congress next week, Im so nervous....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 8:34 pm

Good Lord.. Lay off the milk will ya. bounce She is INCREDIBLE.. bounce WOW.. Nice one.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2007, 8:36 pm

PS.. She will do very well. I just know it.. I already picked her for Grand and have not even seen the rest of her.. Nice mare.... riding
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2007, 11:26 am

Thank you , I wish you were one of the judges, I know I would get 1 vote. Laughing

We are praying for top 10.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 12:27 pm

I am sure you will make that at least and then some. The colored horses are really doing well in the AQHA arena. They are just too pretty to pass up.. cheers

I have not heard another word from PHBA.. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palomino  People Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palomino People   Palomino  People Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palomino People
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next