Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People are idiots

Go down 
+7
7cedars
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle
Ragdoll
Bluejay
Lynn M.
Triple J Quarter Horses
denibun
11 posters
AuthorMessage
denibun

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2007-02-08

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 1:16 pm

I had shared this story with Kay and she got a chuckle out of it so I'll share it here too. I had a bad morning the other day and I got to work and this woman had emailed me about Blake's trail horse that I am selling. She wanted to know if I'd be willing to trade. She had this great little mare, trained in western pleasure...the perfect 4h prospect. She just has this one little bad habit...are you ready for this? Sometimes, when you try to make her do something she doesn't want to do, she'll rear up and fall over backwards. affraid affraid People, this is not a little bad habit. One little bad habit would be has to be twitched to clip her ears, is a little barn sour, etc., not she might kill ya if you try to really work her!!! Don't wait. Get this one for your beloved 4h-er right away!!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 5:28 pm

Every time I read it I just start laughing, Just alittle thing like FLIPPING OVER, Thats ALL! scratch

THATS ALL???????? affraid
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 5:55 pm

bought one of those the people didnt disclose it spent many days in rehab as a result of being trampled after a 16 2 hand beast almost killed me I remember thinking this is it I am going to die and the surgery to put my leg back together wasn't fun. Everyday it hurts and I remember those lovely people when I confronted them they said oh yeah we forgot to tell you... I sold her as a broodmare... lost my hiney....
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 9:29 pm

lol! affraid Good LORD.. Wall kicking, cribbing, pain doing ferrier work, wood chewing, pulling back when tied, are bad habits.. That will kill some body. Sounds like they have had a terrible so called trainer. Maybe you could offer up some suggestions to break this habit? Sounds like the horse had gotten away with it and it works.. I know what I would do about it.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeAugust 31st 2007, 11:15 pm

I remember....About 35yrs ago....I was a 4-H leader in Michigan....I got a call from one of the kids parents....They were having trouble with "Sweety Pie".....Would I please ride him for a while? We brought him to my place....They had a jaw-breaker bit on him....I put him in a little snaffle....I rode that horse for about 2 weeks....He was an absolute doll!!!!! So....One day, I got on him in the barn....Rode out the door, and started to ride along the back-side of the barn. My best friend came out of the barn behind me. She said something to me.... I couldn't hear her, so I stopped and sorta turned around in the saddle. That little freak suddenly went straight up in the air and flipped over backwards on me!!!!!! He got cast on his back between the barn wall and the ground. I took the saddle horn right in the sternum. My friend had a really hard time getting him off me. I bruised my liver, broke a few ribs....and after I was out of the hospital, we realized that I had a fractured pelvis. The people who owned the horse never even bothered to ask how I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 3:20 am

This is the reason why I am so glad that I train my own horses(even though it takes a long time). lol! Yes, they may be severly spoiled but they do have manners. I sent my gelding but then a stallion to this well recommended trainer for a month. I got nothing besides Rowdy knowing how to round pen and buck with a saddle on. She sat on him twice the whole time he was there and was so intimidated by him that someone had to be there while she worked with him. I brought him home and took the driving reins to him for a week with the saddle on- mind you no buck this whole time. Then the next week I got on while my mom would lead. I rode him maybe 10-15 times after that with a saddle and have been bareback since with only two problems which I created. I prefer to have a horse that has never been started under saddle because so many people are completely dishonest when it comes to horses. My 30 days can mean something totally different to someone elses 30 days. It is just not worth the risk or injury!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 9:25 am

I agree. Gives me heebies being on another horse that Rick hasn't trained. You never quite know what their trigger is until it happens - usually then, it's too late.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 10:29 am

I agree....I had always broke my own horses. So far, I haven't had anything but BAD luck with trainers. The first one (2000) killed my Sir Quincy Dan grandson...Didn't even tell me that he had been hurt. My vet said that he could have saved him if we had just been told. Then, everyone here knows what happened with the trainer I sent Tucker to this spring. She did absolutely NOTHING with him for 3 months, and he came home with a huge hematoma hanging between his front legs.

But....I'm at a point in my life where I can get hurt pretty easy. I have osteoporosis in my hips and spine. My orthopedic doc wants me to ride. (he used to be my hay man) And, as everyone knows...I work night-shift at WM. That doesn't leave much time for anything besides work and sleep.

I'm confident that this new trainer will do a real nice job with Tucker. He shows the horses he trains. The other 2 diidn't show at all, though the 2nd one is a barrel racer.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 2:52 pm

I would like to know what is with people selling horses that are around 7 never broke and wanting a high price for them. Most of them are broodmares but still lets be realistic with the horse prices now days. I feel so bad for those horses because most of them are not going to go anywhere good. I have also seen this too where people won't come down on price to a good home yet take them to auction. I just don't understand. I am glad that my two will never have to worry about this either as they are in my will. pray
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 4:33 pm

All I can say is WOW!!!! This lady is insane!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 5:56 pm

I agree with what a lot of people are saying here we now ride mostly only those we raise here I have an amazing colt guy and we do all the prep work right to the point of them being ready to being stepped on (used to actually get on them but hubby says he can't afford for his sugar momma to get hurt lol). We include line driving and saddling so many people leave that out these days. A good foundation makes a good horse if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 8:53 pm

What do you do to "fix" a horse that flips over like that?
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 8:57 pm

Hmmmmmmm, is it fixable???? I guess it could be? I have no idea how though.
I had a mare flip over on me and darned near had to have my left leg amputated. They told me i would never walk on it again, much less ride, but after years of PT here I am good as new! I know it was mean but I didn't want her to anyone else, so I fixed her straight to the slaughter house. She was nuts! She did it to my sister and 2 trainers too. Sooooo, off she went, sadly. I wouldn't even want to bred that nut-so trait.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 1st 2007, 9:14 pm

OK, now I am no fancy trainer. That horse needs to go back to the beginning. I believe in sacking out, ground driving, and all the stuff we used to do to get them ready. Now, that horse may have a back problem causing this. Need to rule out all things. And, if it has flipped over with a saddle on you can bet there is a back problem. study

When I was a kid I was saddling up this AWESOME white arab that did all kinds of neat side stepping and things like that. I LOVED to ride him.. I had him out put on the blanket then the saddle. He went up and freaked out. My uncle came running over and told me that the pad I was using irritated his back and we used another pad and away I went.. riding

Horse are not stupid and that one may get out of what ever for that behavior. I would certainly start the process of ruling out things.. Like get the Chiropractor out to start with. Then go back to the beginning..
coffee
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 12:15 pm

the worst part is, out there somewhere may be a 4-H parent who is well meaning, but knows nothing that might actually buy that horse for their kid. I see horses that aren't much better in my kids club. It's criminal really, that someone would knowingly sell a horse like that for a kid to ride.
Back to top Go down
denibun

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 2:02 pm

Rowdy & Anne's Mom wrote:
What do you do to "fix" a horse that flips over like that?

I know how I would fix it. My gut instinct would be to put the horse down. How would you e ver trust her not to do it again?

denise
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 9:01 pm

I think it would be a shame to just kill the horse because of some stupid humans. No Not the horses fault.

It seems since they mentioned it that they would tell a potential buyer. And, I would certainly hope that no one would put any kid on a horse they did know. It also sounds like they may have got the horse this way from some low life horse trader.. Twisted Evil

This is a prime example of why people think what they do about "horse people". Too many crooks and creaps out there.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 12:54 am

I would take a chance on a horse like that. Sometimes they may do one habit with one owner but not the next. I am sure that if they realized they could not get away with that and you caught it before it happened then spanked them or made them do circles it would/could possibly stop. I was scared to get on Rowdy after watching him buck in the round pen at the trainers. Yet when he realized that momma was not going to put up with that he stopped. He hates little circles as he is a big lazy boy! I know that when I was younger(not to date myself) a girl in 4-H had a mare that would just drop and roll. The secret to her was when she went down you jumped off and when she got up jumped back on. Once she realized you did that she would not do that to that person anymore. Heck of a black mare in her day.
Back to top Go down
denibun

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 10:50 am

There are alot of bad habits I might take a chance with. Flipping over backwards is not one of them. It's not just a risk of injury. It's a hi gh likelihood of death if you don't get out from under that horse.

denise
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 6:46 pm

I agree with most of you - flipping over is NOT something I would usually take a chance on...

However, I'd really like to SEE it...

I have a 4yo filly that I bought as a 2yo because she was "CRAZY" and she flipped over while being shod a COUPLE of times.... I drove up to OK, looked at her, spent some time with her owners (2-3hrs) realized they were kinda cooky...spent an extra hour loading her into the trailer because we did it "Their" way...got her home and NEVER had a problem...

She never bucked, set back, picked up an incorrect lead, faltered on a flying lead change, ANYTHING - I swear she is an angel...but talk to her old owner and she is a raving mean man eating machine!

So...I dunno - flipping with someone ON is something COMPLETELY different!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2007, 9:43 pm

That's all it does ... flip over

pfft that's nothing Rolling Eyes I would still buy her!

If she put her head down a somersaulted that's where I would draw the line. But just rearing and flipping over! come on guys

Laughing haha Just kidding --- some people will say anything to get a horse sold!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People are idiots Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are idiots   People are idiots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

People are idiots
Page 1 of 1