Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What to wear at AQHA Worlds???

Go down 
+4
REINING CHICK
Triple J Quarter Horses
RoanRider420
PHENOMADACIOUS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2007-02-08

What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Empty
PostSubject: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 8:43 am

I don't have a clue... I've been watching youtube from last years Aged Stallion Halter class and I guess it's ok to wear a light hat even though it's after labor day...it's a no-no up here, but both R.C. and K.B. have them on, which is good because I can't afford a new hat...
from the looks of everyone else, a showmanship outfit is called for??? I can't tell!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKuv_6MPCis
I have this one from way back in the day... what ya think?
What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Phenomadatious070
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 9:22 am

Light hat is OK after Labor Day, straw hat is not. I think your showmanship outfit would be fine.
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 9:31 am

I think R.C. and K.B. have straw on, don't you think? scratch (see link aboove) Suspect
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 9:39 am

Id go more professional. Jacket and slacks. Its not Showmanship. You dont want to give that impression. Pretty colored Tailored jacket, Even if its a crop jacket, but just over the hips or a blazer. Same colored slacks, or a major differance. Check out Congress results from last year, you'll see what Im tallking about. Showmanship outfits are ok for halter at the AQHA week end shows, because that judges dont know if your coming back in showmanship or not. But look professional and let them know your serious about showing at the world. JMO

http://www.oqha.com/congress/congressresults/results2006.htm

PS, Looks like in the photo his tail is on the ground, you might want to check out the AQHA rules about how much they have to be off the ground. And Id do tapered. Just a thought!
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 11:21 am

i agree. jacket and slacks look so much better! thats what i were now for the breed shows. now for open shows i where black pants and a western shirt but still with my felt hat
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:01 pm

I agree with TripleJ on this. I'm trying to remember last year, Kell, when we were watching the World together... we were too busy looking at the horses! HA!

I think a super nice jacket, blazer-type and slacks, and whatever you do, don't wear those baby fat whatever they're called boots! I've seen a lot of judges comment that they don't like those, especially in halter or showmanship! I'd wear a felt hat that compliments your attire. Figure out what you're going to wear, and then wear it to the hat place, if you have to, and see if you need a black or silver.

Personally, with Phenom's color, I see either some black or tan oh, what do they call those men slacks... Riata's? (heavily starched by the way) with a royal blue nice jacket with a little bling on the lapel, but nothing else, with a black hat. For underneath the jacket, I'd spring for one of those slinky thingies, but not too much bling on it. Don't forget with your hair, even though it's short now, and some super nice earrings... I like the silver, gold and black look personally, and maybe a nice neat smaller type of broach at your neck on the slinky to match the earrings...

And for GAWD sakes alive, please don't forget your freaking make-up like I do all the time! HA! Unless you call me and say SHEILA, BRING YOUR MAKE-UP, 'cuz I promise you, the only thing I'll be bringing is mascara! HA!

Keep it simple, but extremely neat! Make sure the pants legs aren't too wide, make sure your jacket fits you nicely, but fits you well enough where you can move around a bit if you need to hold your arms up, look in the mirror when you try things on and see what it looks like when you hold your arm up, as if in holding his head up or whatever...
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 12:26 pm

Definitely NOT a straw hat at the World show!!! I'm 99% sure those are light colored felt hats, NOT straw hats.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 1:03 pm

Oh and brush Phenom's teeth, Very Happy When we see him smiling for winning, they need to be pearly white! Very Happy Just kidding! Hee Hee Razz

Hey this is what I do. Might help

Put my ear rings in my Jacket Pocket, That way I dont forget them.
Clean boots before I leave the house
Place my numbers on my back before I wrap my outfit in plastic.
(when I have my number in my show packet,)
My pants are under my jacket, starched and ready to go, with my belt already on it, if your wearing one, Dont have to if your jacket/tunic/shirt is long enough.
Place my boots under my show outfit where it is hanging.
Hat cleaned, If light colored, put gloves with it, to make sure it stays clean while I put it on my head.
DO NOT SHOW with dirty hands or nails. Polish you nails to prevent any dirt from showing under them, unless your wearing gloves to get him ready.

Clean his halter and lead.
Pray

Now are your nerves starting to get to you yet? What is the count down now???

Gosh, I hope you have a great show! And A wonderful time and experience.. cheers
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 6:17 pm

To get a better look at the outfits, go to www.kcmontgomery.com . They have all the proofs from the World Shows from the past couple years. Smile
Back to top Go down
REINING CHICK

REINING CHICK

Number of posts : 343

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 7:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2007, 11:29 pm

the men look great but some of those women look horrible IMO... their outfits are just too much..
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm

I have to agree with 7C. Nothing real loud, felt hat, classy blazer, blouse, slacks, Nice boots.. accessorize. You do not have to spend a ton of money on this stuff.. Check out Hobby Horse and they have a chart on what colors to wear that will comliment the color of your horse.. If that is not your color do not worry about it. Remeber he will rub stuff off on you. I avoid light colores that show the mess they make of you.. Basketball

There are many tricks people do the night before the show.. Such as IV fluids. I thought this was a good thing since that place is so Yukky to take your horse too.. I did the fluids with antibiotics.. I felt that was a good thing for my young colt. It gave him a different look with the fluids and took care of any crap going around there.. The vet does it.. I would also acupunture the neck. 3 to 4 days before the class.. Do it before you leave then there.. alien

OK, stop the hate mail.. This is what they all do whether we like it or not.. You either do this stuff or you get left behind the big boys.. Now, I do not agree with all this. But, this is what they do.. And, the place where the World show happens is a STINKY PIT!!. You also need a nice clean shoeing job before you go.. The horses there are perfect.. The IV fliuds fill them out and really do make them look plush.. Good for them too since they are traveling. OK, my $.02 worth.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 10:11 am

Well what are you going to wear????

Did you check out the aged studs at the Select??

https://proofs.kcmontgomery.com/index.php/proofs/select/T25ODQEZI4.AGSTAL

The black horse is from Tenn. He was a the show, over labor day, Hes tall and very elegant, More like a mare.
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 10:51 am

Just my 2cents but the reason we have bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics is because of practice just like BJ talked about people using antibiotics w/o a reason w/o a vet w/o a diagnosis. Things like Dr. prescribing antibiotics for cold and flu when they don't work or pts saving a couple pills so they have some for the next time they get sick.... medicated feeds for animals etc... our whole way of thinking in this society is so screwy and Im not directing that to you BJ just commenting on the topic in general I wish people would think a little before they did some of these not so bright things. IMO try feeding your animals a little salt instead of pumping them with IVs a source for blood infections and putting severe stress on their heart and kidneys the long term cardiac damage is not worth this it really isn't. Just because a vet did it doesnt make it safe for an animal just means he too was willing to damage his horse for a buck.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2007, 12:54 pm

Point well taken Lynn. Just keep in mind most these people who are there just want to win.. The fact they might be doing harm to the horse does not even enter their minds.. And most of them do not care as long as they get some bragging rights. No

Goes along with all the other stuff some halter fitters do right down to killing the horse to get a win. Happens all the time.. This is why I do not participate anymore.. The vet that is there will do what ever these people want him to do. He is making a ton of money. The trainers that had my colt there had front shoes put on him. That cost me $125.00.. It's all about the money. I can only speak for the halter stuff.. I do not know what the rest of them do.. I do know that pleasure people do a lot of crap to their horses too.. Rolling Eyes

It's just too bad it has come to this.. I hope someday all this will go away and people will show honest horse and win with them. Those are the real winners in my book.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to wear at AQHA Worlds???   What to wear at AQHA Worlds??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to wear at AQHA Worlds???
Page 1 of 1