Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Janie's first AQHA show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

Janie's first AQHA show Empty
PostSubject: Janie's first AQHA show   Janie's first AQHA show Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 10:19 am

I took Janie to her first AQHA show last week, and...I think that Gordyville Shootout show was jinxed, LOL!!! First of all because they had to change the date to have it during the week because it conflicted with other things. Then one friend's horse went lame. Then another friend found out she was pregnant, so couldn't show. Then ANOTHER friend's horse got hurt too, even though she wasn't really planning to go. Then work schedules conflicted, so we couldn't go until Wednesday.

So my trainer, Sarah, took them to Gordyville Wednesday morning. When I got there Wednesday after work, she said that Janie had acted a little funny when she rode her. Not naughty, just not herself at all. She said she was going to ride her again later that evening. I went in to brush Janie, and as soon as I started currying her back, she nearly fell down. I went and got Sarah and she said well THAT explains it! We had turned Janie out on Monday, and I think she might have laid down and rolled onto a little rock or something when she was turned out and bruised her back (she LOVES to roll, she flips back and forth about 10 times!). So we put some linament on her back and just longed her.

She was still sore on Thursday so I couldn't show her, darn it. Thursday night we put some poultice on it. Friday morning she was feeling better but still a little sore. So I took her in some halter classes just to have something to do.

By Saturday she was feeling OK so I did the open show with her. In halter, some people from here who show more halter-type horses had shown up, so didn't get anything in that. Sarah made me take her in showmanship, even though she has only been started on it for a few weeks. She was doing really well, but after the inspection there was a 90 degree pivot then trot away. I think Janie had fallen asleep during the inspection because she didn't want to trot off! Janie is really bad about falling asleep as soon as her feet are set up, LOL! So nothing in showmanship. Went in walk trot, 19 in class, and had an AWESOME ride but got the gate. Go figure. Went in 19 & over western pleasure and had a CRAP ride and got 4th (when they called my number I actually looked at my husband and went "WHAT???")!! When Janie gets tired, she starts to get really heavy in the front end and with the bosal I can't get her back up again because I sort of freeze up and don't know what to do. When she gets heavy like that, she'll stumble. She stumbled twice really bad, but came back up on the correct lead. My mom said the judge didn't see it. Oh well, I won $8!!

I think we're going to do a few open shows with her in August and then back to the AQHA in September.

But we had a GREAT time, and Otis got 3rd in Doggie Trail. Unfortunately due to some miscommunication, no pictures or video, oh well. We are getting ready to take another video of Janie at home so hopefully I'll be able to post some of that.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show   Janie's first AQHA show Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 12:28 pm

Aww, sounds like Janie was a good, but sleepy, girl Smile Sorry about all the hooplah, sometimes that's just how shows go. I sure hope the next one goes a lot smoother, but hey, good job on the 4th place, that's awesome Surprised)
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show   Janie's first AQHA show Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 12:43 pm

Keeping Janie awake is a constant battle, LOL! I guess it's good because when we take her to a show she's not spooky about anything, heck, she doesn't even really LOOK at anything. Trash cans, baby carriages, bleachers, she could care less. In fact, I stuck her in her stall with her tail in and turned around for a second to talk to someone and when I turned back around, she had laid down and went to sleep! Luckily she didn't pull out her tail when she stood up. It's funny though, she makes up for it when we turn her out. She is FAST and she likes to run and buck and act a total fool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Janie's first AQHA show   Janie's first AQHA show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Janie's first AQHA show
Page 1 of 1