Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So whats your take on this?

Go down 
+7
Bluejay
Mare
7cedars
lovetoshow
Bucks&Blues
RoanRider420
Triple J Quarter Horses
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2007-07-05

So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 12:46 pm

I haven't. I'll ask my friend Michelle, she lives in IN.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 1:15 pm

She said all she's heard is that the pen is a little deep on the rail. Of course that wouldn't concern you, LOL!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 1:31 pm

Lovetoshow, you are right on about the colic killing more horses then the HYPP. And, around here most of what we see is an elephant on pony feet. Some of them can barley walk and I have seen them block them to get through the halter patern. They win. Makes me sick. There are also those who pull out when the drug testers show up. Kinda funny after all that work to pack it up and get to hell out. I think they deserve it.. By the way I am talking about the same person/persons. Not everyone does this. But, the one who wins in this area does and everyone knows it. That is why the Oregon Association only has one or two showing halter. No other choices in our state. CA has many and these people are actually from there but come here for a reason. Rolling Eyes

You are also right about the blood sweat and tears that goes in to getting the horse fit and ready to show. Been there done that. And, seems the rich get richer and poor get poorer.. And, if I ever trusted a trainer to take my horse you can bet I would be standing and waiting for the hand off too. I certainly do not know many trainers. The ones I know I would never let them touch my horse.. Things are different in all the areas we live and show in. I do not go to shows in my state at all anymore. I have not been out for a while and do not fit my horse anymore either. He just lounges around and takes life easy. icecream

I have seen some shots of at least one of your horses and I must say VERY NICE.. cheers I like the big halter horses.. What I do not like is what some do to win. I mean the ones who will stop at nothing including killing or laming the horse up so bad it lives a life of pain and gets tossed out.

It would be really nice if there were some choices here for showing my horses. I would feel much different about it. Just one of those geography things for me. I think you are all so lucky to have options of where can show your horses.. Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Your right   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2007, 2:10 pm

I have wonderful trainers I trust them ,you have to and I do understand that a few bad apples give some a bad name and I do feel you are right and Roanrider 420 are right some people just prefer to stay home I stayed out a few shows this year myself because of money not that I didn't have it just the fact I was not spending it on that show for instance how about $110.00 for a stall,$100.00 for a trailer hook up ,$200.00 in fuel to get there its about 180 miles from my house and I haven't paid a entry or a drug testing fee or any thing else no thank you thats where I drawed the line and so did a lot of my friends 100.00 for a hook up my house electric is 65.00 a month give me a break....the AQHA showing is down in all classes the normal amatuer just can't do it and the people are tired of getting beat by the same PROFESSIONAL AMATUERS maybe they need to re adjust the amatuer rules how about after 5 world championship
wins you move on to another division how about semi pro my husbands a professional trainer class or my bank account has 7 digits class or how about AMATUER MARES 3 AND OVER $5000.00 AND UNDER alright Im just having some fun but its a thought ............
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 2:46 pm

LOL love it how many times can you win the all around amature title and trailer at the world show before you are no longer allowed to compete at that same level? Man doesn't seem fair that someone begining in quarter horses (and yes I get the novice level classes but Im not paying all those fees for 1 class on and my classes aren't offered in novice so that really isn't even an answer LOL) should have to go up against people who have multiple trailers lining their driveway.

As for HERDA my stud doesnt have Poco Bueno so not an issue and my mares w/Poco Bueno are tested and I wouldn't breed to a stud that doesnt have a guarantee some/most of the big cutters offer them with HERDA results available. I feel bad for the colt I see at the big production sales this fall that are from some of the foundation/ranch sales line bred Poco Bueno on RFDTV I never once saw a HERDA result posted and they weren't bringing over 750.00 more money then they should be bringing if you ask me if they wont test their studs and then are line breeding talk about irresponsible!!!!! RFDTV shouldn't even have them on TV.
Back to top Go down
RoanRider420

RoanRider420

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 3:36 pm

Hey, I hear ya. I have to show against Nicole Barnes in the amateur at almost every show I go to!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 11:01 am

Totally with all of you on the am level changing when you get x amounts of wins, grand, reserves. This year, Oregon decided at the yearling futurity they would have a special non pro award. They said "Oh you should come".. Yea right and Darlene Turner is a non pro.. The Turner's come to this summer curcuit show here. And, so do a lot of others. There have been as many as 69 geldings in a halter class. riding

What I did learn is many of these people travel and hit the curcuit shows since they are bigger and this is where they really rack up the points. I took three mares one year. It cost me $1000.00 just for stalls, bedding and an RV spot. Guess where I stood? End of the line. One man who is very well know was in the yearling filly class with me along with Ted Turner and a few others. He had a filly that could not even stand up. She was so knuckled over it the fet locks. She could not stand. I got placed behind her. She should have got the gate.. Never again. We oulled out and went home. Basketball

The HERDA thing is sad. I would hope that AQHA will reguire this testing as they did HYPP from both stallions and mares. Along with the GBED (?). It is so simple to do this. coffee
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 1:16 pm

I love to show like most of us do. I just dont see the point when all the big timers are there. When they are there they win everything. It makes me not want to spend the money to get there. It starts to not be fun anymore. I have known a few people to pull out of the rest of their halter classes, because the Turners brought their whole barn. Which I dont blame them, because they managed to sweep the show.

Too bad they dont have many novice shows. Thats where I'd be. It seems more...fair. Maybe if I started to wear some sunglasses in my halter classes, Id be better off.

I also agree with what everyone is saying about professional amateures (sp?). There should be another level after amateur, but before open. They have it in team penning, and its the pro am class.

Now I dont really have a desire to show. Thats sad.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 10:06 pm

I know just how you feel. Me neither.. No longer seems to be about how good the horse is.. No
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 10:34 pm

Lynn M. wrote:
LOL love it how many times can you win the all around amature title and trailer at the world show before you are no longer allowed to compete at that same level? Man doesn't seem fair that someone begining in quarter horses (and yes I get the novice level classes but Im not paying all those fees for 1 class on and my classes aren't offered in novice so that really isn't even an answer LOL) should have to go up against people who have multiple trailers lining their driveway.

As for HERDA my stud doesnt have Poco Bueno so not an issue and my mares w/Poco Bueno are tested and I wouldn't breed to a stud that doesnt have a guarantee some/most of the big cutters offer them with HERDA results available. I feel bad for the colt I see at the big production sales this fall that are from some of the foundation/ranch sales line bred Poco Bueno on RFDTV I never once saw a HERDA result posted and they weren't bringing over 750.00 more money then they should be bringing if you ask me if they wont test their studs and then are line breeding talk about irresponsible!!!!! RFDTV shouldn't even have them on TV.

I had some lady try to tell me that ZIPPO PINE BAR was a HERDA Carrier! WHAT ??????????
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 10:45 pm

he could be wonder if he has ever been tested
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 11:03 am

You never know, just never heard of it in one. I wouldnt think he had been tested since it is such a new test.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 8:55 am

Every time I see Darlene Turner go into amateur, it makes my blood boil! They need to change up some of these danged rules, before there's nobody showing except the big boys.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 11:48 am

Don't forget the other married couples who earn their living training horses and one is am and other open.. scratch Or, those shanks that never touch the horse and have hired help do it all. Then call themselves trainers and charge a ton of money for it. Those big time shanks do nothing but shank. You are paying for the name. cheers How sweet that is for them.. icecream
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 9:28 pm

You'd think that eventually judges would be embarressed and ashamed to just keep giving the blues to people, simply because they're a "big name". And you'd think that the AQHA would be smart enough to see it, and fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
lovetoshow

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Never Happen   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2007, 10:50 pm

Don't forget a lot of those judges are trainers also you wash my back and I'll wash yours ,I have heard it said plenty of times in conversation well you know that Mr so and so owes me some favors >>>
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2007, 11:54 am

This is true. And, some only show to a judge who will pick them first. Many of these people are also plastered all over the QH journal. Even if we have never met them we know who they are. study

Then there are the shows where they have several judges to make it fare.. lol! I have heard them talking when they are on the way to the break room about who they are all going to use in the end. And, once again AQHA promotes this.. No

I do not mind loosing to a better horse.. But, when I loose to a horse that would not even stand to be looked at or one who cannot stand at all because it's so bent over in the fet locs and knees, that is another story. Mad
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 2:28 pm

As to HERDA, now that a test is available, it should be a requirement to have horses tested. I am getting my studs tested. The big difference between HYPP and HERDA, is that there were "rewards" for breeding positive halter horses, whereas HERDA makes a horse worthless.
And yeah, they are promoting this new organization for "conformation" horses, and trying to say that it's not just for halter horses, but it seems like everyone I talk to says it is just an excuse to keep the H/H horses going. Great, just what we need.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 9:41 pm

I have a stud that is bigger then most NH horses.. The reward came from AQHA.. We can thank them for that.. If you really dig in all horses have something back there we do not like. confused

I am glad you are testing your horses... cheers And, many NN horses are so pumped over board they are breaking down and dieing. Even the pleasure horses that are NH.. Sad

The real problem lies with humanes and what they will do with their wonderful animals.. Some just do not care... No So sad... And they lie about when they are born and everything else.. These people need to just go dunk themselves in a FREEZING tank of water as far as I am concerned.. I love my animals and have no reason to lie about them and cheat. Either you like them or you don't. What is important to me is that I like them.. cheering
Back to top Go down
Vega

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 5:42 pm

I called the folks over at the American Halter Horse Association and they are not just about stock type horses. As a matter of fact, not a one of them owns an impressive bred horse, at least that is what the lady on the phone said. She said they have committee members who own everything from Arabian, QH, Paint, drafts and appendix.

The founder that started all of this has shown minis to drafts and that is why they do not limit it to just impressive bred horses.

If you go to their membership's page you will notice they only charge $10 for youth and $25 for individual memberships: http://halterhorse.org/cindex.asp?id=Membership , their website also says you get a free classified. I think a lot of stock people were on board with that! I had to go to the page and check it out because I had applied for a membership and didn't see $500 for anything...

I noticed it said earlier that they charge $500. The $500 dollar charge is for the World Conformation Horse Association. I heard that they charged $3500 for one single class at the Reichert. Who can afford that?

I also found out what the American Halter Horse Association was going to charge for their classes and it is only $25, and they are money classes, so the first three placings will get paybacks. The lady on the phone told me that the youth will get a ribbon and cash back since kids like to show their prize and the parents like to get paybacks.

I plan to attend their shows but they don't start until next year. Somebody mentioned that they plan to go next month but they don't have anything starting until 2008. I asked if they are going to show with the open show people and they don't. This will be strictly halter of all breeds, with each breed showing in their own classes.

I spent too much time with them on the phone, I need a nap! Just wanted to update on some prior information...
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2007, 9:42 pm

Good info and thank you. They have nothing on the west coast where I am.. Will be interesting to see what they do and who they bring out. scratch
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2007, 10:14 am

Yes, they are showing following an open show circuit that I have shown at. From what I heard the only horses in the halter classes were QH Stock type. I was told that it looked similar to a class at the World show.

Rita Crundwell had a few horses in the baby classes, but she was not there. <<<Thats what I was told.
Back to top Go down
Vega

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-10-19

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 10:15 am

I read on their FAQ page that they just opened on Sept. 1st so the up and coming classes will be their first.

http://halterhorse.org/userfaq.asp
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeOctober 24th 2007, 6:39 pm

They had a show last month or so, it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So whats your take on this?   So whats your take on this? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So whats your take on this?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2