Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stolen credit card

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871
Registration date : 2007-02-07

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2007, 7:55 pm

I've seen the emails warning you of credit card fraud, Id theft, etc.... and have thought, never me I am way to careful. WELL, it happened. Someone stole my info off of my bank/visa card through what they call a phisher??? I guess the #1 place they put them is in gas pump credit card slots. You insert your card and they it records all of the info!!! Whoever stolemy card set up 4 ebay accounts and sent through 6 transactions so far. My bank cancelled them all and cancelled the card, but how in the heck to do catch these buttheads? The bank said the only thing you can do is file a police report for fraud.
Anyone have this happen to them???
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2007, 10:12 pm

Giant bummer. Never happend to me but has to my daughter and the thief ran up all kinds of bills-hundreds of thousands- ruined their credit. Thank God they had already bought their house. This world has too many people in it that we all can do without. Really sorry it happened to you. I've seen videos of stuff that they do to cash machines, they put some kind of trap in the slot and the card won't come back out and then when you leave to report it, they walk up, pull their little trap out with your card in it and off they go. Again really sorry for you and hope you don't have any repercussions.
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2007, 8:36 am

Nope, never had it happen... man, that's really bad. I just hope you get everything straightened out!
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2007, 2:15 pm

About three years ago, some guy from Ohio (we live in Arizona) somehow managed to steal my dad's social. We think he may have either stole it from working in a company that had my dad's info, or he bought it from someone. It took us two years to get it figured out and it ruined my dad's credit to the point we couldn't finance ANYTHING. Lots of phone calls, police reports, and government crap later, we got it fixed up. The guy racked up over 10k in charges... It takes a long time to get things fixed once it gets bad enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2007, 3:53 pm

Well, hopefully we caught this in time. The lady at the bank said they see this typeof credit card id theft by people who use their debit/credit card at the pump. NOTE TO SELF...... get a gas card that cant be used as a regular credit card. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2007, 9:18 pm

That is terrible. I know I put myself out ther ordering stuff on line all the time. clown

Lately I have received two emails regarding re financing. Well, we are not doing that and when I open them they are addressed to someone else and some how ended up coming to me.. Question They claim to be secure from and the manager of so and so.. Well, if you read the address it is not yours. They are asking for more personal info. I have not opened them since I would not be doing that on line anyway. And, I noticed they were addressed to someone else.. I wrote one back and said this does not look very secure to me and it came back as undeliveralbe.. affraid

What is up with the freaks in this world? scratch They must not be animal people and that is all I got to say about it.. pig
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

stolen credit card Empty
PostSubject: Re: stolen credit card   stolen credit card Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stolen credit card
Page 1 of 1