Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smokey

smokey

Number of posts : 573
Registration date : 2007-04-26

ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 1:26 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND GOTTAGETSEPT07
Champion Gotta Get will head a field of 10 in the James Issac Hobbs Stakes next Saturday. Photo by Bill Pitt, Jr.

Stellar Horses Nominated To Opening Weekend Stakes at Zia Park

HOBBS, NM—SEPTEMBER 16, 2007—Racing for the fall season at Zia Park is assured of getting off to an excellent start this weekend with the Southwest’s leading Thoroughbreds and Quarter Horses nominated to the opening weekend stakes.

Quarter Horses highlight opening day on Saturday in the $55,000 James Issac Hobbs Stakes at 350 yards and Thoroughbreds top Sunday’s action in the $150,000 Premiere Breeders’ Cup Stakes at six furlongs.

First post time is 1:15 p.m. and racing runs on a Saturday through Tuesday schedule each week. The season runs through Dec. 11.

Heading the nominees to the opening day Hobbs are champion Gotta Get and 440-yard world-record holder A Long Goodbye, each among the greatest Quarter Horses to ever compete in New Mexico.

Gotta Get was named the 2006 champion aged stallion after winning each of his seven starts last year. He adores the Zia Park track, winning two stakes races last year. His biggest Zia Park win came in the $211,000 New Mexico Cup Classic.

A Long Goodbye is riding a 5-race winning streak and has 27 career wins. During his current winning streak he set the 400-yard track record at SunRay Park while winning the La Plata Stakes and held off a furious charge by Ketel Won to win the Mr Jet Moore Stakes at Ruidoso Downs.

The Premiere Breeders’ Cup attracted the 124-pound highweight Mystery Classic and defending winner Orphan Brigade.

Mystery Classic comes off three-straight stakes wins at Lone Star Park and Remington Park. The 4-year-old gelding has been well placed by trainer Bob Schultz, winning 10 of 15 career starts.

Orphan Brigade used a late rally to win last year’s Premiere Breeders’ Cup. He has returned this year to finish on the board in seven of eight starts with three wins.

Last edited by on September 16th 2007, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-04-25

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 2:12 pm

Boy that'll be good, A Long Goodbye vs. Gotta Get.

Has Gotta Get run since Sunland?
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 2:15 pm

YES, HE RAN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AT ALBUQUERQUE AND SO DID GUN BATTLE. I THINK GOTTA GET WON HIS RACE BUT NOT SURE. I DIDN'T PRINT THOSE RESULTS BUT MAYBE THEY'RE ON THE ALBUQ. WEBSITE.
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 2:21 pm

JUSTIN--HERE'S A LINK TO THE RESULTS. THEY WON'T POST ON HERE WITHOUT A LOT OF WORK.

http://www.abqdowns.com/meet-results?pgpnt=14483&day=2007-08-19
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2007, 11:45 am

Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2007, 9:33 pm

Who do ya'll like other than Gotta Get in his race?? I'm rooting for Ride With the King because of the fact that he's my friends horse but I also think Mr Perry Dash is gonna be tough!...he's on fire right now!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2007, 10:46 pm

I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MR PERRY DASH AS I HAVEN'T PULLED THE PP'S BUT JUST ON NAME RECOGNITION I LIKE GOTTA GET, MR CHIVATO TO YOU AND LOOK FOR WRANGLERS IN A TRI BOX. BEST OF RACING LUCK TO ALL HORSES AND RIDERS FOR A BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN RACE..................

NICE TO SEE YOU REGISTERED ON THIS FORUM, GLAD TO HAVE SOME NEW FOLKS AND THEIR INPUT.............. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 10:55 am

Thanks Smokey!! glad to finally find a forum to talk horse! What a Face
Back to top Go down
ljb

ljb

Number of posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2007, 11:30 am

Mr Perry Dash was out in California last fall, but he wasn't a fan of the night racing. So they took him to Sunland where he was 4 for 4 and if i remember right the West Texas Derby. I will be curious to see how he does. This will be his first out since then, he was turned out for a break. Good luck to him....
Back to top Go down
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 23rd 2007, 8:28 pm

dang that race was full of surprises huh??? Laughing Gotta get didn't even place!!
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 2:21 am

Looked to me that he was just very tired. I'm sure he could do with a long rest. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Mr Carrerista

Mr Carrerista

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 12:25 pm

well the 7 8 9 horse exchanged bumps out of the gate pretty hard. so that might of had a great deal to do with it
Back to top Go down
smokey

smokey

PostSubject: Strong Trials Dominate Card On Saturday At Zia Park   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 3:00 pm

COURTESY OF STALLIONESEARCH.COM

Strong Trials Dominate Card On Saturday At Zia Park

HOBBS, NM—SEPTEMBER 24, 2007—It will be an afternoon of feature races when some of the premier Quarter Horses in the Southwest race in the trials to the $260,000 Hobbs America Futurity and trials to the $137,000 Hobbs America Derby on Saturday afternoon at Zia Park.
The 10-fastest qualifiers from each set of trials qualify to race in their respective finals on Oct. 14.

The 400-yard Hobbs America Futurity trials will be held as the fifth through the ninth races and the 440-yard Hobbs America Derby trials are contested as the third and the fourth races.

First post time for the 11-race program is 1:15 p.m.

The futurity trials shape up as some wide-open races filled with aspiring juveniles.

All American Juvenile winner White Or Wrong makes her first appearance since that 3/4-length win on September 3. The Mr Eye Opener filly raced the 440 yards in :21.35 for her first career victory.

Ruidoso Juvenile third-place finisher Rock Solid Jess, a Mr Jess Perry colt, races in the seventh race, Ruidoso Futurity finalist Shake Securely, a Moon Shake gelding, is in the eighth race and Rainbow Futurity finalist Fear This Feature, a gelding by Feature Mr Jess, faces White Or Wrong in the ninth race.

The derby trials are deep in each of the two races.

In the first trial, the Paul Jones-trained Twoforthedough looks to qualify for his third derby. The First Down Dash colt raced in the finals of the Grade 1, $220,000 Ruidoso Derby and the Grade 1, $448,000 Rainbow Derby. He scored his most important win when he defeated a genuine Already Rude in their Rainbow Derby trial.

In the second trial, Jones will be represented by The Crawfish, a Mr Jess Perry colt who ran third in the Rainbow Derby and was a finalist in two $1 million races at Los Alamitos Race Course in Southern California last year.

Trainer Carl Draper, has three horses in the second trial, headed by Hobbs America Futurity winner Run Perry Run. The Mr Jess Perry gelding defeated the top Grade 1 winners Okey Dokey Fantasy and the Remember Me Rose in their All American Derby trial two starts ago.
Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 1:21 am

I'm pullin for the Jackson's horse Underdog On Top in the 8th race on
Saturday. He won his first two races at Retama and they turned him out
to wait for this futurity. It looks like there's some pretty good horses,
but maybe he can run with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND   ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZIA PARK OPENING NEXT WEEKEND
Page 1 of 1