Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mango Update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2007, 12:45 am

So this is what Mango looked like when we first got him. Quite ugly if I may say so. lol

He was just a few weeks old in these
Mango Update HPIM1508

Mango Update HPIM1499

And this is what he looks like now.

He's around 15 weeks old.

He was eating an orange that we brought him. He loves them.
Mango Update HPIM2433

Mango Update HPIM2427

Mango Update HPIM2431

He was perching on my shoulder
Mango Update HPIM2424

Mango Update HPIM2422

He's soo freaking cute. lol
Mango Update HPIM2421

Mango Update HPIM2417

He was trying to eat the camera. Silly boy
Mango Update HPIM2415

He got his wings clipped the other day because he flew into the window. It was his first flight
Mango Update HPIM2413

We're going to bring him home at the end of August once we start school back up. He's already starting to talk. He's saying the syllables of several words. They're not clear but you can understand them. He's said I love you, hello, and step-up. He's changed so much in the 2 months that we've had him. It's amazing. lol

And even cooler news! Is that I might get a job up there in October when I get a vehicle. If she wants to higher. The owner is extremely nice. It's a really neat store. They've got over 40 different types of birds. This is the store. http://www.treetopbirdcenter.com

I can't wait till we bring him home. He's almost weaned from his baby food. Instead of 4 feedings a day. He's down to 2. That's when we were planning to bring him home. But now they don't want to bring him home until we go back to school because there's so many of my brothers frieinds coming in and out of the house everyday. They would always be wanting to hold him and it would be too stressful on him. So, not too much longer until he's home.
Back to top Go down
Ragdoll

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2007, 9:52 am

My daughter's next door neighbor raises parrots. He uses a semi-trailer for his parrot barn. The noise from there can be deafening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2007, 9:19 pm

Too cool! He is beautiful. Keep us updated - I would love to have a parrot someday and it would be great to hear about yours! Smile Have you had birds before? I've never been allowed to have a bird, so I would be curious to hear if owning a parrot would be difficult for someone without any bird experience. haha.
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2007, 10:38 pm

Nope this is our first bird. My mom decided to buy a macaw for my stepdad because it was his dream to have one. We bought him not too long after our Saint Bernard. And since I've got mydream, my horses and my mom has her dream, her horse. She said it was time for my stepdad to have his dream, a blue and gold macaw. lol

It's a lot of work and you've got a bunch to learn. But with the place we got him from we were able to learn pretty fast. They're very nice and friendly.
Back to top Go down
Bucks&Blues

Bucks&Blues

Number of posts : 548

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 6:17 pm

Ahh yes, he looks so much better with his colors!

Has he learned Gunnars name yet??
Back to top Go down
emma&slim09

emma&slim09

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2007, 6:18 pm

Nope not yet, but I'm sure when he comes home he'll learn it real fast. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mango Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango Update   Mango Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mango Update
Page 1 of 1