Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

putting my dog down

Go down 
+6
7cedars
Kate and Paint
QHorse163
Merikle Waters
Cindy
Kim
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Kim

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2007-02-07

putting my dog down Empty
PostSubject: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:01 pm

Well Breeze is getting put down Tuesday ... I dont think I've ever felt this crushed in my life ... I've had him since I was 6 years old ... he was going to be 11 in july .... he has congestive heart failure .... and the vet gave him 2 weeks - 6 months ... but we got blood work back tonight and he has something else wrong with him on top of it that isn't gunna get better ... .so we made the decision to have him put down ... I dont know what I'm going to do without that dog .... I dont remember what its like to live without him ... he was like my secuirity blanket whenever I got scared ...
Back to top Go down
Cindy

Cindy

Number of posts : 871

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:06 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you'll have piece of mind that
he's not going to be in any pain and that he won't suffer. I know it
doesn't make it any easier, but remember you'll always have your
memories. HUGS! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockin911.com
Kim

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:08 pm

thanks .... he isn't in pain yet ... but because they found some secondary thing it's actually worse then it was when he first came home even though we knew he was going to be put down ..
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 10:56 pm

Oh Kim I am So sorry to hear that!

Hopefully he won't suffer, and one day you can see him again at rainbow ridge...

My thoughts are with you at this time... I know how hard it is... Keep your chin up hun!
Back to top Go down
QHorse163

QHorse163

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 11:51 pm

So sad. Sad Our pets are definitely part of the family, I can't imagine what you're going through. Hugs coming from PA.
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 6:57 am

Thanks guys I appreciate it ..... He isn't in much pain yet ... but my mom is still getting pills for him for the days until tuesday ... just so we can keep the water off his heart and he won't cough .... at least he'll be super comfortable until then .... it sucks because he still has so much life in him ... he runs around ... he wants to play ...
Back to top Go down
Kate and Paint

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 7:53 am

OH, Kim.... Im so sorry. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad even though he wont be with you, you know he'll be out of pain. *Hugs*.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/all_texas_cowgirl
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 8:27 am

Sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 11:17 am

I am so sorry.. Sad I had to do this once (well I made my husband take him). It takes a little time for the heart ache to go away. Then you will start remembering all the good things.. Just remember that you love him enough to not let him suffer and that is very unselfish. Does not make it any easier though.. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kim

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 3:36 pm

It really sucks because I feel like my parents are being difficult .... I told them I wanted another dog and I told them why and that I needed another dog or cat or something .... and they just give flat out no's ... get ticked at me ...

I asked to have him cremiated (sp) ... because I want to keep him with me ... I get a flat out no ...

They get ticked at me when I try to tell them what I want ... Its not what I want only what they want ....

I dunno its just frustrating ... I know its hard on them ... but they aren't making it any easier on me ... I need something to look forward to after he's gone ... and there's nothing ... It makes it sooo much worse ... all I can think about is what I'm gunna do when he's gone ... I'm super attached to him
Back to top Go down
PHENOMADACIOUS

PHENOMADACIOUS

Number of posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 3:39 pm

I'm sorry Crying or Very sad
Maybe you can keep a little hair from him and have it put into something? I've heard of that done with necklaces study
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 3:41 pm

Ya I'll probably do that .... but i just wish my parents would be a little more understanding and listen to what i want.... and I want to tell them how the way they are acting bothers me and I dont feel like I'm being heard ... but I dont know how to tell them withuot getting yelled at
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2007, 5:16 pm

I'm sorry its so upsetting when something happens with to our pets Crying or Very sad

I still have my first dog's collar -- you should keep his or his favourite toy or something

your parents are probably upset too and maybe the cost of cremation isn't feesable

if you wait a little while to talk to them about getting a dog it might be a little easier on everyone

I'm sorry for your loss *hugs*
Back to top Go down
Kim

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeMarch 31st 2007, 7:01 pm

well i think he is going to get cremiated I talked to my dad and he thinks its okay and my mom is still iffy but I think she'll come around...

and its not so bad today ... like I know he needs to be done ... he's in discomfort right now ... but its not like serious stuff ... he can still play and everything ...
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitimeApril 12th 2007, 5:30 pm

Kim- very sorry to hear this. That is a very tough thing to go through, my thoughts are with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting my dog down   putting my dog down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

putting my dog down
Page 1 of 1