Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Head full of sense! I hope.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Head full of sense!  I hope. Empty
PostSubject: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 11:36 am

Sunday Morning, going out the back door to feed. Look out across the pastures, you know doing the head count thing. And what do I see, my yearling pally filly, with her head threw the fence, and not moving. She had stuck her head threw to snack on the neighbors hay field. Shoot, oh, no here we go again, Another vet bill, more DMSO IVs and stitches. CRAP! affraid

KIRT, Gracie's stuck in the fence, come on! He putting grout on the walls in the kitchen, So we walk very slowly and very quiet to her pasture, Now, Im thinking, Vet, tetnus, check her records, should have gotten the Rompin, or ace before I came down here, Shoot! What was I thinking. scratch Still can't see her damage since a post/railroad tie is between she and I, Im talking to her, and nickers softly to me. But Frozen not moving an inch. The ground is packed, where she had moved her back end back and forth from being there so long, so I could tell she had been there awhile.

Right on her now, Not a scratch! I rubbed her favorite spot, Kirt spread the wires, which was not even tight, I told her back, and she backed right out! Then she turned to Kirt, he became her Hero! She was all over him, like a puppy dog. Oh, pet me. Oh, Im so glad to see you, She followed him, and kept bumping him, from behind, like rub me know, Im sooooo glad you came. He left the pasture, with me still in it, and nickered to him, like come back... And Im standing there! Hey, I saved you too! I feed you, nope she related HIM to saving her! grrrrr Im jealous now..
Anyway, she must have felt that slight pressure on her poll and that was it. She just stood still. Not even a scratch! Good Lord was watching her for us on this one. Unlike her brother last year.. No

Glad she had enough sense about her not to panic, our fence is 5 strands of smooth wire with 2 strands of Electric on the inside of it. Well, we saw where the electric was not working, so guess we will be working on that friday, mean while she is tucked away in a stall and a happy camper.

One more thing to be thankful this Thanksgiving! pray
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2009, 1:26 pm

Really glad she is ok Smile Sounds like a smart little girl to just stand there, more than you could say for most!
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2009, 10:57 pm

Thank God pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2009, 10:59 pm

cracks me up I think she may have more sense than my boys lol
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2009, 10:39 pm

UM, Lynn, we haven't seen BOY's.. Do you have your 2nd son? Where are the pics of the little darling? You know how we are around here about seeing photos..... Basketball
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2009, 2:40 pm

we spent 3 weeks in China and are home with Jes got home before his 2nd b day... he is a tank lol I will get a pic up
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitimeDecember 19th 2009, 10:10 pm

cheers Can't wait to see the new addition to the family.. ily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head full of sense! I hope.   Head full of sense!  I hope. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head full of sense! I hope.
Page 1 of 1