Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Opinion on this mare wanted

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Opinion on this mare wanted Empty
PostSubject: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 1:44 pm

OK, give me honest opinions. This is Sandy. Brennen used her for 4-H. She looks super quiet in the pics, but she's alot of work to ride some days. What's your opinion on conformation? We've been told she is not broodmare quality and wanted opinions from people who's opinion we respect. Note, in the 1st pic, she's very pregnant.

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0180

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0494

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0358

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0406

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0403

Opinion on this mare wanted IMG_0431
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 8:33 pm

Well, she is not my kind of horse.. But, she does have what looks to be good sized feet, big bones, nice color and if she does not have naughty behaviors and straight legs why not. scratch

I would cross her to a stud that has a nice refined head and her shoulder looks like it is too far forward.. She does look working bred and that is what she should be bred to. I do not cross the lines. There is not such thing as a perfect horse by the way.. Rolling Eyes

When people cross the lines in they end up with a horse that no one wants.. Meaning, halter to cow, the halter people do not them and neither do the working people. study
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2008, 10:06 pm

ok my answer to the why not-- is today I sat through a sale where the top horse was a fully trained rope gelding brought 3500.00 next horse was 2,000 and from there most weanlings brought 250.00 (that was sale minimun) don't breed unless it is exactly what you want and are producing something special we cut our horses in 1/2 this year sold some nice horses well broke mares for kids horses they raised beautiful babies but in this market needed new jobs they just weren't perfect... you halter people will appreciate this a red dun stud colt by Im A Cool Skip out a Tardee Too mare she won 3rd in the world 400.00 he was stunning.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 11:17 am

What Lynn says is true. It's so bad people are starting to turn them loose. Evil or Very Mad Yes, just let them go free and fend for themselves. Those doing that should go to jail. Or, better yet, lets turn them loose in the woods with nothing and see how they do.. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

I think we all need to just stop breeding for awhile and let it ride until things come back if they ever do. I got lucky when I sold a weanling and a yearling for 1000.00 each. And, an unbroke paint mare for 1500.00. I had way more money in them then that. But, felt the bird in hand was worth way more then the one in the bush. These times are very hard for all of us right now. Shocked No
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 11:44 am

Would you mind telling me how she's bred (is she on allbreedpedigree?) She looks so much like my horse Larry, I'm curious lol.

I don't think she's a bad looking mare, I do think she would need to be bred to a stallion who is KNOWN for throwing good heads for a truly marketable foal. Not that her head is horrible, but it's not what everyone is after right now. Gotta love those big feet and looks like some good legs under her, but you and I both know that in the working horse world, it's all about what the sire and dam have both accomplished (or proven to prouduce) that brings home the good money. I would consider that too before breeding. I want to see a pedigree though :-) lol. Does show go back to Showdown?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 11:48 am

We've made the decision not to re-breed her. I'm just wondering what conformation faults you see. I see a plain head, but an overwise overall nice individual. With prices like they are, Brennen & I decided last night that we would not plan on breeding anything next year.
She has Peppy San & some reining earners on her papers. King & Poco Pine one gen off. Just your basic foundation bred, I suppose. Brennen bought her because she was good looking. Her head looks better in person, but it's still not pretty.
I don't have any of my horses up on allbreed. I might have to look into doing that.
Back to top Go down
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 11:58 am

I didn't see anything on her that really stuck out, I already commented about the head, which isn't horrible, I agree. There are no front / back view shots of legs, so I can't judge off of that, but from the side, her back legs are underneath her just right, front legs look clean too. She could use a little more hip on her, but I immagine that if she was ridden more / bred less she would probably round up some. She's built upright in the shoulder, like Larry is... I'm telling ya, I know these two are related somehow.... lol. She's a decent mare, she's a little plain, except for her color, but plain isn't really a fault. ;-) What's her trot like under saddle?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2008, 3:02 pm

Her trot is so smooth, it's incredible. Love it. She's definately the smoothest stock bred horse I've ever ridden.
I looked at the photos again, because to us, she isn't plain looking. She's got this look at me thing going most of the time. We get clinicians and cow horse guys asking Brennen if she's for sale all the time. But I can see from the pics, she does look plain and half asleep all the time.
She was getting ridden regularily, but not hard, but Brennen put her on maternity leave when she let him know she was ready. This will be her second foal. Her other one is Brennen's 2 year old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on this mare wanted   Opinion on this mare wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion on this mare wanted
Page 1 of 1