Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poor Popeye

Go down 
+2
denibun
Triple J Quarter Horses
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:02 pm

pale He has been sick for 2 weeks, Spurts and Ulcers. Did not take to being hauled to another farm. There was a sick filly in the stall next to him, they thought it was just because Mom had alot of milk. Well guess not. His mom gets Ultrasounded today and if shes not in foal, were not breeding her back. Hes just not doing well enough to take the chance to leave the farm, and worry about them giving his meds. Bless his heart, about the time he starts to fill out a bit, it hits him again, and you just see him start to go backwards. Tummy tucks up and ribs start showing, Hes a fighter. Hes a doll, he takes all his meds and yogert like a champ. Just as soon as he gets back on his game, I'll post a updated photo of him. Hes growing, just not blooming. No
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 12:23 pm

poor lil feller. Prayin' for a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 2:27 pm

Vet just left, She is open, So, due to his health, We wont be breeding back. Theres always next year. Im just not taking any chances.
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 3:42 pm

awww i hope he gets better soon
Back to top Go down
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 7:26 pm

Geeze - sorry to hear that - I take it no shipped semen?

We treated ulcers in my filly and she was 100% within 2 days...

We gave her 1/4 tube of ulcerguard a day for 16 days and also gave her 150mg of Zantac dissolved in water 1x per day...
She also got biosponge the first 2 days...but she is doing great!!!!

finished treating her over a week ago and she is one happy camper...

I got my treatment from Kesmarc
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2008, 9:13 pm

I read about the ulcers a lot on this forum. I have never had this trouble... Nor do I know anyone who has...scratch I have delt with the poos though and just kept them clean and dry.. Pepto and it passes after a few days. I find this happens when they start eating with mama. I have also delt with phenomia in weanlings after a horse show.. No

I hope he gets healthy soon. I will be praying for him pray
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2008, 11:24 am

Kidd Kuhlmann wrote:
Geeze - sorry to hear that - I take it no shipped semen?

We treated ulcers in my filly and she was 100% within 2 days...

We gave her 1/4 tube of ulcerguard a day for 16 days and also gave her 150mg of Zantac dissolved in water 1x per day...
She also got biosponge the first 2 days...but she is doing great!!!!

finished treating her over a week ago and she is one happy camper...

I got my treatment from Kesmarc

Yep, but 600 Mg of Zantac, 3 times a day. Ulcergaurd, EXTRA Vet Strengh Pepto, biosponge for 5 days, ummm and and and.. Still working on it. Nope, no shipping semen. His was a virus he caught from a filly put next to him. He finally eating hay, to day, with out a nasty bottom.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2008, 11:27 am

Bluejay wrote:
I read about the ulcers a lot on this forum. I have never had this trouble... Nor do I know anyone who has...scratch I have delt with the poos though and just kept them clean and dry.. Pepto and it passes after a few days. I find this happens when they start eating with mama. I have also delt with phenomia in weanlings after a horse show.. No

I hope he gets healthy soon. I will be praying for him pray

Thanks, he was fine when he left my barn.. NO problem, No problem with my other filly. Just caught something. Thats the chance we take with using outside studs. Sure are times I miss a stud like NOW! No
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2008, 2:18 am

I'm glad the boy's doing better... poor thing... he needs to come to Texas and run in green grass instead of couped up with snow and rain coming down faster than cats and dogs... just joshing with ya!!!!

Uh, you know, I can fix that problem you have with having no stud... HA!
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2008, 9:26 am

Oh, thank you for your offer! BUT, No thank you. NO MORE STUDS! affraid Hee Hee.. Im Done, I like being able to leave home and thinking who can I get to feed a stud. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poor Popeye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poor Popeye   Poor Popeye Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor Popeye
Page 1 of 1