Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING

Go down 
+5
shazgeoff
Merikle Waters
Mare
Kidd Kuhlmann
Bluejay
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Empty
PostSubject: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2008, 10:05 pm

Well, I said it was over.. HUM.. scratch My best mare was checked not in foal two times last year.. I gave up and thought I would try this year.. She is 22 now and has started foaling every other year.. We really wanted a foal out of her by Tommy.. We also decided if she was done then so be it. She has given us many nice foals and will be with us until she dies.. She is a good riding mare so, no more foals and she earned that..

About 3 weeks ago she started making bag.. Then she looked like she was gettin just a tad tubby.. This is normal for her. She goes all year and then the last month will just bloom and foal.. She was not big enough to foal even though her bag was getting huge. We even saw her show heat all summer.. She never shows heat. She hates boys.. affraid

We were going to have her checked in case something was very wrong like a tumor or something and even talked about maybe having to put her down if that was the case.. We would never let her suffer for any reason..

A few people know that I had a horrible year last year.. My husband got very sick and his heart even stopped at one point. I lost a very high paying job after 17 years with the company. I was offered a great job and was turned down after being bad mouthed by the company who fired me.. My Mother is going through breast cancer and every day scares the heck out of you.. It was the worst year of my life.. I have moved on though and have a job I like that does not pay much and Mom has good days and bad days.. Sad

I know the lord loves me and takes care of me.. This morning I had to run to the barn and thought I might have a two headed snake coming out of my older mare.. (watched her water break on camera in the house) I just knew it was not going to be a good thing. I told my husband to hurry and get out there with me.. She just was not big enough to have a healthy foal if that is what she was going to do.. I was prepared though.. Look what popped out.. Healthy and the biggest foal this mare has ever had.. pray God did this and we call her Miracle..

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING 14y5s7s

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING 29mt3xs

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING 288y1qv

She truely is a Miracle.. And yes I got to use my new pink blanket.. Mom did retain the placenta and I got to remove that for the first time. The vet told me what to do and I saved a ton of money I did not have.. It was so easy I could not believe it.. We are very happy about this and sorry about the pics.. The snow has melted and I can get them outside soon so I can update my site.. I am just wondering why Tommy held back on the chrome scratch He must be mad.. bounce Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Kidd Kuhlmann

Kidd Kuhlmann

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2008, 10:26 pm

Ohhh - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mares are funny critters - we had one that could fool everyone - the last foal we had out of her had been checked open 2 times - we palpated in Oct just before we were going to sell her - HA - little bugger was growing to beat the band....

Congrats - Congrats - Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God is wonderful!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kuhlmannequine.com
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 12:19 am

OH Bluejay that is wonderful news, CONGRATS on that FILLY.
God does amazing things.
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 3:42 am

Congrats BlueJay! Maybe it was gods way to remind you that he's still looking after you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 5:00 am

Congrats Bluejay cake
She pretty in pink pray
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 1:16 pm

She really is a gift.. I also heard the day before she was born that I will be advancing at the job I work now.. I guess I better get my AQHA breeding report updated.. lol! cheering kitty
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 5:13 pm

OH, What a face.. Shes a doll.. Goes to show the ole girl still has a few tricks up her sleeve! Razz
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 6:25 pm

Congrats, what a sweet, cute, adorable looking girl. I am glad all went well for mom and baby.
She looks very pleased wearing that pink blanket.

TJ, I just love your little yellow girl.
Back to top Go down
standbytrucker

standbytrucker

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2008, 8:10 pm

awe. congrats. you diserve it. and she surely is beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 26th 2008, 10:45 am

Bluejay, what wonderful news - not only on the baby, but also your job!

I'm glad your mare is all right, and wow, what a surprise!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2008, 10:09 pm

Seems the job has many advances coming up. I will be all over them. Gonna need it to feed this extra horse.. lol! Mom put her little dorsal on her too.. riding The weather is getting much better around here so I can get them out soon to get some good shots of them in action.. riding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE BARN THIS MORNING
Page 1 of 1