Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

We have a Boy so far for 2008!

Go down 
+5
RoperChick
Merikle Waters
SSFarm2
Triple J Quarter Horses
AQHA/OLF
9 posters
AuthorMessage
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-02-08

We have a Boy so far for 2008! Empty
PostSubject: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 3:18 pm

flower
We have a Boy so far for 2008! 2qs0ux4
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

Number of posts : 2228

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 5:33 pm

What a face and wearing a halter already! So the girls are out numbered..
Do you think his tail will be flaxen?
Back to top Go down
SSFarm2

SSFarm2

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 6:03 pm

Congrats on the big guy.

Ok, what design can anyone find in his white strip?
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 6:16 pm

Thanks ssfarm.... hope he doesn't sell prior to seeing him in the ring.....

Yes on the halter.... All my babies have a halter on at 2 days old (on and off) .... this guy is a few wks old in this photo. They are all handled daily on setup, brushing, clippers... I am big on imprinting.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 6:22 pm

His mom's tall has alittle flaxen.... sure hope he gets her butt!

We have a Boy so far for 2008! Qzr9k0
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

Number of posts : 690

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 9:05 pm

Triple J Quarter Horses wrote:

Lots of "reds" have that "white border" to their tails... However people think its linked to "pangare"... A rough name they have come up with for it. Supposedly it adds the lighter colored muzzle and flank area as well.

To have a flaxen foal, 2 flaxen carrying parents have to bred together.

He sure is a beaut! Lookin back at you like "why you takin a pic of my butt?" hehe, adorable!
Back to top Go down
RoperChick

RoperChick

Number of posts : 181

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 9:47 pm

SSFarm2 wrote:
Ok, what design can anyone find in his white strip?

The grinch?

Congratulations on the new foal, he's a nice one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shazgeoff

shazgeoff

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2007-02-10

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 10:53 am

Congrats,what a butt for a baby
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 2:16 pm

Merikle Waters wrote:

Lots of "reds" have that "white border" to their tails... However people think its linked to "pangare"... A rough name they have come up with for it. Supposedly it adds the lighter colored muzzle and flank area as well.

He sure is a beaut! Lookin back at you like "why you takin a pic of my butt?" hehe, adorable!

Yes I know, But if he is out of a Palomino, They have more of a chance of keeping it.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 2:40 pm

Nice baby.. YEA.. Seems to be the year of the colts. My friend has about five of them so far.. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Mare

Mare

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2008, 7:01 pm

CONGRATS!!! He's so darn cute.
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 11:28 am

Just a Note, this boy is not out of our Palomino... he's out of a Bay stallion.
All our sorrel/chestnut babies start with that white outline in their tails... 99% of the time it grows out with age, tho in this case this mare still has the flaxen in her mane and tail underneath.
Back to top Go down
denibun

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 11:42 am

I never really thought about the genetics of a flaxen mane and tail, but I bought a weanling breeding stock paint filly that was out of a sorrel mare and by a bay tobi stud. She was sorrel, but had a mane and tail that looked like barbie doll hair. It was that white. Also, I bred a sorrel mare (no flaxen) to a dun stud and had a sorrel with a flaxen mane. Hmmm.

Denise
Back to top Go down
Triple J Quarter Horses

Triple J Quarter Horses

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 4:15 pm

denibun wrote:
I never really thought about the genetics of a flaxen mane and tail, but I bought a weanling breeding stock paint filly that was out of a sorrel mare and by a bay tobi stud. She was sorrel, but had a mane and tail that looked like barbie doll hair. It was that white. Also, I bred a sorrel mare (no flaxen) to a dun stud and had a sorrel with a flaxen mane. Hmmm.

Denise

I had a sorrel out of a bay and sorrel, with a flaxen mane and tail. The owners of the bay, said he produced that alot.. I thought where in the world did that come from?

scratch I have one more to go, IM THINKING REALLY HARD.. FILLY FILLY FILLY! Sending Mind waves her way! scratch
Back to top Go down
AQHA/OLF

AQHA/OLF

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2008, 4:25 pm

I wanted a bay filly too Neutral
but this guy is so sweet, my last bay filly was a crank pot!
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 1:14 am

Merikle Waters wrote:

Yes I know, But if he is out of a Palomino, They have more of a chance of keeping it.

Creme, Pangare and flaxen are totally different genes/modifiers. Being by a palomino makes no difference, as if he had creme, he'd be palomino. Pangare can show up regardless if mom or dad is palomino, or has a creme gene. Some black horses are even saw as bays, when technically they aren't, as they don't carry Agouti... its simply pangare at work. Wink
Back to top Go down
Merikle Waters

Merikle Waters

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2008, 1:18 am

denibun wrote:

Denise

could have been a red dun... they have that light, beautiful color to their manes often. But there is also many other genes not able to be figured out yet, so they dont have a name... A true flaxen has to carry 2 flaxen modifiers to be flaxen. Doesn't mean they can't carry it though. Just would need another partner to carry it as well, and bam- flaxen. Very Happy

i dont even know if my mare has flaxen, just know she's not a silver bay lol... she sure looks flaxen tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a Boy so far for 2008!   We have a Boy so far for 2008! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have a Boy so far for 2008!
Page 1 of 1