Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Show Kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SilverBuckleHorses

SilverBuckleHorses

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2007, 10:43 pm

So I'm getting my gear ready for show season and I was just wondering, what does everyone keep in their grooming / first aid kits for the show season?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverbucklehorses.cjb.net
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitimeDecember 17th 2007, 12:57 am

I have a few small rubbermaid bins that I pack with me. one is for grooming tools, one's for grooming products, one's a first aid kit and so on.
For grooming tools I like to bring the basics, soft, medium and hard bristled brushes, rags, combs, sweat srapers, hoof picks, etc.
I also have a small kit with bands, my banding tools and braiding combs. This will also hold the hair clips I use when holding back hair on both manes and while I put in tails.
For grooming products I have Pepi spray, baby oil gel, braid tite, highlighters in clear and dark, hoof polish, polish remover, sometimes I have touch up spray. I'd have to look what other stuff I have, but those are my always haves. I put the dividers from wine boxes I get from the liquor store so everything is kept upright. I cut them off so they are the same height as the rubbermaid bin. I also keep the hoof polish in a ziplock baggie, just in case.
For my first aid kit, I have a box of people band-aids, tensor bandages, large guaze pieces, rolls of small and medium bandaging tape, vet rap, syringes, water bottles, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, sanitary pads, a few small diapers (they work good on hocks and knees), anti-bacterial stuff, standing wraps, leg quilts, small lenghts of dowel for making splints, blood stop powder, duct tape, sponges (I get them from the dollar store), advil and tylenol. I keep small and large ziplock baggies for making ice packs, as well as old towels and face clothes to wrap them in.I sometimes add other stuff as well, but it starts feeling like alot of stuff to pack around and I think I've got almost all of the stuff I'd need for minor injuries.
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2007, 8:15 pm

lol! lol! I have everything I might need and some one else might need.. I could not even list all of it.. Right down to a rasp in case I need to clean up a hoof.. lol! I do only carry to the ring, shine, clean brushes, combs, gel, fly spray, rag and hoof pick.

My crash kit is the same way. I carry every thing for all types of emergencies on the road or at the show.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitimeDecember 18th 2007, 11:34 pm

It doesn't rain as much in AZ, but we always carry a plastic hat cover for both english and western hats and a riding raincoat, plus a bunch of extra dollar store rain ponchos for the non-riders! i buy large quantiities of cheap washcloths and use those for rags for everything from cleaning spills to wiping boots before a class and toss 'em when they get too dirty. Plus, you gotta have baby wipes! Lots of safety pins, bobby pins, and extra chicago screws. Plus a cheap dollar store sewing kit..
Back to top Go down
reiningfan

reiningfan

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2007, 12:58 am

I forgot baby powder and/or french chalk. and disposable gloves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show Kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Kit   Show Kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show Kit
Page 1 of 1