Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another expense on horses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
7cedars

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2007-02-08

Another expense on horses Empty
PostSubject: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 2:11 pm

So this morning, I'm looking at LQ 4-horse trailers again... looking only!!!!! If I'm going to be showing 4 next year, those babies will be too danged big to scrunch in there on the 3rd slant, with the saddle compartment taken out. Found some pretty good prices on some... I don't want a new one, want some of these older ones, that are solidly built, 7 1/2 tall and 8 wide... saw one almost nearly exactly like my own Sooner LQ I traded in for.

I'm thinking, well, crap, I forgot to add that in... so that's another expense. Problem is, I have a feeling, I'm going to have to keep this 3-horse just for Rick and Trent to go and do their thing... now I can already see, we're going to have get a truck that's at least a 3/4 ton to pull it... ARGH! Cuz they ain't taking off with mine if I've got a show...

And it never stops... the expense of horses, that is... GAWD!

Plus we're going to be getting a tractor, the biggest they make without the overhead cab, and by gosh, I've already told all parties concerned, that danged thing better make its own payments, or it'll get gone real quick! Will be a good thing for the boys to do, though. As soon as that one's paid off, get another, if they've got a real good business going... we just can't find anybody around here that will mow for you - there's just absolutely nobody!

And somewhere in all that, I need to build a show barn... somewhere in all that!!!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 3:33 pm

I do not care for the LQ rigs. They do not live up to what they cost.. None if them and I have seen them all.. OK, if you are younger and are not concerned about how comfortable you really are they are great.. Not for someone my age.. No

I like my motor home....LOL.. Got my condo at the horse show with me and I feel good.. Pick up and camper are good way to go as long as you can get up on that bed. Lonnie cannot so we did not go that route.. Besides, who wants to haul the horse trailer to the beach and go camping.. scratch

We have our 3 hrs slant Sooner and a stock trailer for hauling cattle and other stuff.. You will want to keep the other for the boys to go play. If you get a LQ you will not want it in places they will go.. riding

Good luck I say.. coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 8:07 pm

Yep, uh, no, they ain't getting my big LQ if'n I get another one... I figure for them, what I have, with an AC, a ramp, they'll be fine in. They can rough it... Mom ain't, however! HA!

Yep, that bed deal is a little squenchy.... I can't tell you how many times I've hit my head getting up in the mornings... saw a neat one today, one of those bunkhouse ones... I'm claiming one of the bunks, the lower one... HA! Very reasonably priced, too...

I got spoiled on my other one, super spoiled, with the A/C, taking a shower, making coffee, cooking (course you know how I like to cook), the microwave, Lordy with all the food I'd bring, you thought we were going to be gone a week... HA! Very comfortable, except getting in and out of that danged bed, and with four of us, course that's when they weren't quite as big as they are now, it would get sorta cramped. When it was just me and Rick, I'd sleep on the table/bed thingy...

I see people hauling with those big old RV thingies, with a bumper pull behind it... I'm like, how the heck do you back all that mess up now! Criminey!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2007, 9:27 pm

You back them up just like you do into a camping spot. Have a camera back there and the hubby directing.. I tell you I am in hog heaven. I take a ton of food too.. Then spend all my time running around chatting with people and hanging with my horses.. So, we go out.. LOL.

I like the space. We have people over for drinks and BBQ. And, it's nice to get away from the crowed too.. Just like home.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
7cedars

PostSubject: Re: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitimeJuly 29th 2007, 9:21 am

I can tell ya, there's nothing better than chicken legs and hamburgers on the grill at a horse show! It tastes 10 times better than they do at home... HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another expense on horses   Another expense on horses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another expense on horses
Page 1 of 1