Equine Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Equine Online

Everything Horses

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!

Go down 
+2
Lynn M.
stockman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stockman

stockman

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2007-02-08

OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Empty
PostSubject: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 9:25 am

I know this does not rival the horrible things that have been happening to some of our forum members, but our horses escaped yesterday and rampaged through the neighborhood. It was so scary!!
My non-horsy daughter is visiting from Tucson, and she came out to the ring to talk to me the other day, ans since she it not a horse girl, she never learned the rule WHEN YOU GO THROUGH A GATE SHUT IT!!! (sorry to scream) and the gate was open although swung shut. Well, I put the horses out another gate yesterday not realizing that gate was open and we looked out a little while later and they were all grazing in the hay pasture right next to the road!! Now, we live in a transitioning neighborhood, which is a strange mix of vineyards, open fields, and subdivisions and busy roads, but anyway, of course, I'm in flip-flops which makes the walking hard and I'm walking up to them and they bolt into the road, a fairly busy road, and start running down the middle of the street!!
I was panicking following, yelling at my daughter to get the car and follow me and yelling at my other daughter to get some grain. We kept getting close and they kept bolting and at this point a circus had ensued. People pulling over in cars, calling 911, and neighbors running out to help. The sherriff came, etc, etc. In addition to wearing flip-flops, (don't laugh now) my pants were too big and every few steps, I'm yanking them up so they don't fall down. At this point they are in a huge soybean field about a mile away. They are feeling so relaxed two of them actually drop and start rolling in the field. Of course, this sends the subdiviision neighbors into hysterics. I'm almost close enough, but they get up in time and bolt off again!! Finally they start heading home and we manage to herd them back in again. It turned out okay, but I was shaky all day. One of them could have easily been killed. These roads are 50 mph speed limits and lots of traffic not expecting a horse (not to mention 3) running down the middle of the road!
Of course, to put the icing on the cake, the goat was also out with them although he didn't rampage quite as much, and my daughter's wild dog escaped as well, running down the middle of the road dragging his leash!! Okay, you can laugh now!!
Back to top Go down
Lynn M.

Lynn M.

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-02-08

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 12:21 pm

oh my been there just blessed to live in the boonies where there are no roads... usually it is the cows running around like crazy I could tell stories there! Thankfully nobody was hurt.
Back to top Go down
SuperLope

SuperLope

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 4:07 pm

what a catastrophe!

haha glad nobody got hurt! it's okay to laugh now!

that's funny the horses, the goat, the dog! everyone was having a field day! Laughing

Don;t you just love non-horsey people Dancing
Back to top Go down
Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Rowdy, Anne & Razzle

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2007, 9:08 pm

This has happened to me and my mare actually had to be put down after getting hit. The van that hit her only needed a windshield and side mirror fixed. She was torn up from what I hear my mom will not tell me. She had got loose at the neighbors house and tried to get back to my parents house. She went to the barn gate and the driveway then she got hit- her dam was with her but was fine in fact she will be 31 this year. I have never cried like that before!!!! She was my baby- I was there when she was conceived, born, her first ride you name it. I could sit in the pasture and trim her hooves or sit in the pasture then she would stand over the top of me so I could scratch her belly! She was one of a kind! I just don't think that I have good luck with bay mares!
Back to top Go down
BeePrettyJack

BeePrettyJack

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-02-12

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 6:13 pm

Scary! I'm glad things came out all right!
Back to top Go down
Bluejay

Bluejay

Number of posts : 2415
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitimeJuly 6th 2007, 8:32 pm

You were very lucky. Our road is not busy. We have our whole property gated off. So, if they did go through a gate it would just be in the yard. doggie
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsmysite.com/bissellquarterhorses
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!   OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OMG Our horses got out on the Road!!!
Page 1 of 1